Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheesecake recipes

• 20-01-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Any nice cheesecake recipes?

I have a load of philadelphia light and I think I will treat himself!!

Any unusual ones that people have tried that have turned out well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Strawberry Cheesecake

Ingredients
    Pack of digestive biscuits
    Quarter to half lb of butter

tin evaporated milk
    tin of strawberries
    one packet philadelphia cream cheese
    one pack of strawberry jelly
    fresh strawberries

Method

Digestives - mash them up
    Melt butter - mix together and press into a springform tin (try to avoid eating the mix at this stage...it's gorgeous)

Drain a tin of strawberries, keeping a few tablespoons of the
    juice. Place the strawberries and the cream cheese in a bowl and whisk together.

In a separate bowl, whip up the evaporated milk.
    Melt the jelly and then add the spoonfuls of juice from the tinned strawberries.

Add melted jelly and juice to the mixed strawberries and cream cheese, mix together. Then add the evaporated milk.

Mix the whole lot and then poor over the base then place in the fridge.

Slice some fresh strawberries in half and spread around the outside of the cake.

I've made this quite a few times and has always gone down well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Dont mind that looper above;)

I love lemon cheesecake with a ginger nut base..
    Hmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Ah great minds! :D

Do you have the recipe for that lemon one?? Been trying to find a good one but can't.

Cheers,

L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Loopie wrote: »
    Ah great minds! :D

Do you have the recipe for that lemon one?? Been trying to find a good one but can't.

Cheers,

L

Ingredients
    12 ginger nut biscuits
    100g Butter, softened
    1 tsp clear Honey
    2 Lemons, finely grated zest and juice
    1 tbsp icing sugar
    500g Mascarpone
    1/4 punnet Strawberries
    1 sprig Mint
    150ml raspberry sauce, to serve
    spun Sugar, to serve

Method
    1. Crush the biscuits into small pieces and combine with the butter and honey. Put this mixture into 4 metal rings and press evenly into the bottom of the moulds.

2. Stir the lemon juice, zest and icing sugar into the cheese, being sure not to mix it too much as this will cause the mixture to split. Taste as you go - if you have very juicy lemons you may not need all the juice.

3. Spoon the mix into the rings and use a palette knife to press it down to prevent air gaps. Sit onto serving plates and remove the rings, loosening with with a hot cloth or blowtorch.

4. Decorate the tops with the strawberries and sprigs of fresh mint. Spoon the sauce around the side and top with spun sugar.

I have used this one and its Bloody good....
    You can use philadelphia if you like instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 subor22

Here I also advise you to look at the recipes for yourself how-to-boil.com/eggs/ There are a lot of them here for every taste and color, as they say.

Advertisement