Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dromiskin, Co. Louth - Good or Bad area?

• 20-01-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

My boyfriend and I are thinking of buying a house in Dromiskin but some friends and family members have tried to warn me off saying it is getting dodgy and alot of people are now trying to move out of the area. I grew up in Dundalk and always thought Dromiskin was a nice area. Does anyone have any opinions? I don't want to buy a house and then regret a few months down the line.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi Cowsfriend- I'm not that familiar with the area- what I would say is that its grown massively in the past decade, and doesn't really have the facilities or amenities to cope with this growth (it has a good GAA club, and the local school has a good reputation, but is over crowded).

Perhaps a few locals might chip in?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

you might get better information on the Louth forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=945

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cowsfriend

oh thanks, didn't know there was one. I'll post there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

The new 24hr motorway service station is being built on the edge of the village. This may bring its own problems. I know a few people in the area have been trying to sell their houses in the village since planning was granted.
    Dromiskin also has a suspected arsonist. The pub, the credit union, I think part of the church and Crumb rubber have all been targeted over the last few years as well as some empty houses.
    The local football team havent sobered up since winning the championship in 2006, though the minors done well this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bumblebutt

Myself and my husband have lived just a little outside the village of dromiskin for almost 15 yrs and we have never had any problems whatsoever. As far as our experience goes it is all good. Of course there is a low element but you will get that everywhere. For raising children, it is very safe. As a long time resident of Dromiskin I can speak from experience. There are about 10 houses around dromiskin at the moment up for sale, but thats it! The low element I speak off are in a certain area but elsewhere I know of no problems. I hope this helps.
    cowsfriend wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

My boyfriend and I are thinking of buying a house in Dromiskin but some friends and family members have tried to warn me off saying it is getting dodgy and alot of people are now trying to move out of the area. I grew up in Dundalk and always thought Dromiskin was a nice area. Does anyone have any opinions? I don't want to buy a house and then regret a few months down the line.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭faughs

Hi Guys,

We have been looking at houses in Dromiskin as relocating from Dublin to be closer to home. Is there a bus of any sort from Dromiskin to Dublin without driving in to Dundalk? seems like a lovely village from any visit we have made.

Advertisement