Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Jurassic Park Trilogy in the works.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'm worried that they'll decide to make it into this massive CGI fest. I really hope this isn't the case.

CGI seems to be talking priority over traditional SFX these days and with the success of Avatar, I can only see this becoming more and more frequent.

Thank God for Guillermo Del Toro, he's a man who likes to use traditional effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jako8 wrote: »
    I'm worried that they'll decide to make it into this massive CGI fest. I really hope this isn't the case.

God, that'd be extremely annoying. Fair enough it works in some films but it'd take away from what made the first three two films so amazing.

I've watched the JP trilogy countless number of times and I still enjoy the films.... except for the third one. (Let down for me)

If they went down the CGI route I don't think it'd have the same re-watchable value as the first three as I never really re-watch CGI fest films. Once is enough.

Still.... we can only wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I quite like JP3, aside from the fact the ending comes out of nowhere and that stupid satellite phone being heard from the stomach of a giant dinosaur thing, I cant hear my phone ringing through my jeans have the time :D

Oh and the biggest disappointment for me was that Tea Leoni didnt get her whiny, loudmouth annoying face bitten off by a raptor at the end, I was rooting for one of them to devour her when they were giving back the eggs

Good things about JP3 though:

.William H Macy, he makes anything watchable
    .It was great seeing Sam Neill back, but more bitter and cynical, also the fact they didnt leave him and Ellie together and she moved on, nice touch that not all hero couples in movies work out in the end
    .A proper dino fight, pity the Rex lost though, she's the real hero of the movies (or was it the male that got killed?)
    . The raptors are all kinds of badass in it
    . The Pteradon coming out of the mist on the walkway was a creep as fcuk the first time I saw it in the cinema
    . The kid isnt overly annoying, and can actually take care of himself for a change in these movies

Thats it, I'm watching the JP trilogy tomorrow :D

Damn you Krudler. Now that I think about it, JP3 wasn't all that bad.

And there I was slating it. No actually I still don't really like it.

- Tea Leoni (think that's her name. The blonde one) survives.
    - T-Rex isn't in it.
    - The ending was a little forced and just ended.
    - If the raptors were so smart then why did they fall for the trick when Sam Neill was "calling for help"? Surely they would've thought to themselves, "Ah sure God loves a tryer" Nom nom. And plus the raptors were chasing for them entire film (more or less) and then they just let them go?
    - I didn't really like that the film was based around the raptors for the most part. The JP's I know revolved around running from big dinosaurs and the fact that it wasn't a T-Rex didn't sit well with me as I was too used to a T-Rex instead of this other random dinosaur with a fin.
    - That kid was too good at surviving on his own.
    - That bloody ringtone from that phone.

Oh its not without its major faults for sure, its edited a little weirdly at times as well, feels like a lot of it was trimmed for budget or running time purposes, I still prefer it to The Lost World though, which is beyond stupid at times

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Oh its not without its major faults for sure, its edited a little weirdly at times as well, feels like a lot of it was trimmed for budget or running time purposes, I still prefer it to The Lost World though, which is beyond stupid at times

I'd be the opposite to you. I loved The Lost World a lot.

I've had this discussion with a few people and a lot of people said that they preferred the third one because there was a lot more happening in a shorter space of time which is true.

I loved the length of TLW and it made for great viewing.

Really loved these bits the most. (I should really add spoilers in case people haven't seen these films)
    - The two T-Rex destroying the caravan type thing when they operate on the baby Rex.
    - The raptors in the long grass.
    - Those little dinosaurs. You know when the guy goes for a piss and they all attack him..... they send a few shivers down my spine.
    - Vince Vaughan was in it.... for some reason. :D
    - The fact that Eddie (the character's name) gets eaten after helping Malcolm and co in their caravan which is doomed for a serious plummet down to the rocks.
    - T-Rex loose in LA (I think that was the city) was brilliant. I really enjoyed those scenes the most.
    - The fact that bastard gets eaten by the baby T-Rex at the end.

But hey each to their own. That's just my favourite of the three for those reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

That_Guy wrote: »
    - T-Rex loose in LA (I think that was the city) was brilliant. I really enjoyed those scenes the most.

I think it would have been a much stronger film if it had ended
    on the boat. I found dinosaurs do King Kong and Godzilla out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

This is a shame as it will probably be garbage, but I was watching Avatar last week and while I was definatly enjoying it, I turned round to my mate and said if Jurassic Park came out tomorow, for the first time ever it would STILL blow this out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Killinator wrote: »
    .......or the T-Rex bursting through the trees and ambushing the Gallopasauresse..(running dinosaurs),

Gallimimus, one of the dinosaurs that got the short evolutionary straw.

rtuk_feature_renderman_02.jpg
    Killinator wrote:
    Wheres my dvd copy......:D

Wheres my BLURAY copy????????????
    .A proper dino fight, pity the Rex lost though, she's the real hero of the movies (or was it the male that got killed?)

Anyone else notice how the Spino bends it's neck at a 90 degree angle in that fight? That would have broke it's own neck in a twist of irony.
    Anyone see the re-edit on youtube where they make the rex win?

Go Rex!

Heres a pic of the Spinosaurus at Universal, pity you cant get into the jeep:

And the ride itself, its so cool, I loved how the park had sounds coming from the trees,made it sound like you were actually walking around Jurassic Park, even had electrified fences (well not really)

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how the Spino bends it's neck at a 90 degree angle in that fight? That would have broke it's own neck in a twist of irony.
    Anyone see the re-edit on youtube where they make the rex win?

Dodgy editing there. ;)

Still, that's the way I would've liked it to have gone down.
    Go Rex!

Heres a pic of the Spinosaurus at Universal, pity you cant get into the jeep:

And the ride itself, its so cool, I loved how the park had sounds coming from the trees,made it sound like you were actually walking around Jurassic Park, even had electrified fences (well not really)

I was on that. Little did I know that you suddenly go shooting down a massive drop and get soaked. Scared the sh*t out of me. It was quite epic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The ride was pretty cool. I was very impressed at the amount of detail they put into making the visitor centre to make it like the one for the movie, complete with recreations of the famous skeleton battle (T,rex versus Alamosaurus for those interested in trivia).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Killinator wrote: »
    It dosnt matter what they do, nothing will ever beat the T-Rex standing on that jeep and ripping the tire off.....well maybe the Raptor shadow and the jelly scene.........or maybe the T-Rex Vs the Raptors......or maybe the T-Rex chasing the jeep.......or the T-Rex bursting through the trees and ambushing the Gallopasauresse..(running dinosaurs),

Wheres my dvd copy......:D
    GOOD old F*cking time!!!:D JP1 was such a groundbreaking movie that introduced us the wonders of CGI...

as a sidenote(whenever i am talking about CGI),Michael Bay,PLEASE go back to collage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

As high as my hopes will be, I can't help but acknowledge the fact that it will most likely be a complete disaster. They should have quit while they were ahead at number 2.

Wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

not getting my hopes up for this trilogy. JP was the first movie i ever seen in the cinema and is still one of my all time favourite movies the sequence of events after the line "wheres the goat" is just epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wait, Joe Johnston? As in the bloke who directed Jurassic Park 3? He's directing Captain America? Jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

This series went to **** about halfway through the second one, there's no way they can redeem it now (especially with JJ directing) so I really really hope they go with that commando dinosaurs script that was knocking about a few years ago. There's potential here to make a classic self-aware sobaditsgood movie.

Also cinema needs more dinosaur movies.

I just watched number 3 last night on Sky and it was horrible.

The first movie was brilliant were the raptors were these amazing killers who could pick off people left and right taking on the T rex.

JP3 they were killers who were setting traps snapping necks and catching people and standing there there like an evil genius gloating allowing time for them to escape on foot with smoke grenades.

It was like watching a scream movie.

I say drop the raptors .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I just watched number 3 last night on Sky and it was horrible.

The first movie was brilliant were the raptors were these amazing killers who could pick off people left and right taking on the T rex.

JP3 they were killers who were setting traps snapping necks and catching people and standing there there like an evil genius gloating allowing time for them to escape on foot with smoke grenades.

It was like watching a scream movie.

I say drop the raptors .

I always thought the movie was more a parody on the previous films. The first two try to interweave a believable story full of tension, and drama but JP3 just went for an entertaining dinosaur movie packed with action and fun that had loads of nonsensical stuff.

I think number two in the trilogy was pretty poor but it was always going to be hard for the second to recreate the same sense of awe and magic to live up to the first and I was glad to see the third go in a completely different direction.

It never has the sense of tension that you would like in parts but its highly entertaining with lots of laughs and the special effects that look better than ever.

Opr

Advertisement