Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first go - title "The Madman?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Thank fukc there was no one around to hear me laugh or see me wipe tears from my eyes:D. Absolutely hilarious! All padraigg needs is an editor and 2010 can be the year of Trent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Best thing I have ever read, 3 of us here laughing so much.

I would by your book and buy it for everybody I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 _MaSSy

This is the most incredible piece of literary genius I have seen in a LONG time!! :D

I actually just made this account so I'd be able to follow it!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

I just had to suscribe to this thread!!! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Very reminiscent of Naked Lunch.
    Brilliant - well done.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i think im in love *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 27,943 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This is totally hilarious, I haven't laughed so much in ages. Will there be any more?
    It was funny at the start, the way other posters were a bit prissy with him but he seemed to expect it and led them on and posted some more. Genius! He hasn't posted anywhere else, just this story.
    I'd love to know what is going on, this is someone with perfect English spelling and grammar (who does know the difference between 'have' and 'of') with perfect timing and who must be an experienced writer, presumably trying an entirely different style of writing.
    I love it, but I'd be interested to know have we been part of a literary experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

padraiggg wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback guys, not sure what you mean about the ten year old thoguh! I've had some more ideas, here's the beginning to the second chapter.

It had always been Trents problem to treat women like objects. Like a nice bookcase or a €350,000 mansion. He was sorry about that and sorry about what he had to do but he knew he had to do it. He had to pick up his hat and his gun and had to march to that house. He knew the people would be there and he had to kill them! But back to the women. Trent liked women but like all his things he did not do the right things with them. Like the time he broke that man's pen inthe bank by accident. He also like to take things that weren't his. "Leave my things alone! They would say to him. But he didnt care. not a jot.

Its a bit of back story on Trent. I think hes probably a nice man but a bit misunderstood! Maybe he was trying to save the people from something else though, Im not sure yet. :)

This reminded me a little tiny bit of Roland from Stephen Kings The Dark Tower books..just a little bit..I think it's the hat..is that where you got the inspiration?

Where are ya padraiggg?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Trent is a legend .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

My life is ten times better since i've found out about Trent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Trent is the new Dexter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

dsmythy wrote: »
    Trent is the new Dexter!

Dexter killed bad men and women.

Trent kills everybody!!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

This is fantastic. Now i certainly dont want to pigeon hole Trent because he would no doubt make short work of me and the women in my life but what is he...? Private Eye, Assassin or maybe Private Eye/Assassin/Gigolo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

dr gonzo wrote: »
    This is fantastic. Now i certainly dont want to pigeon hole Trent because he would no doubt make short work of me and the women in my life but what is he...? Private Eye, Assassin or maybe Private Eye/Assassin/Gigolo?
    Yes, among other things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

what is he...? Private Eye, Assassin or maybe Private Eye/Assassin/Gigolo?

I would say he is all of those things, and yet none of those things.

(and a ninja too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

No no, has to be someone like Sylvester Stallone, or Daniel Craig. Except more bad-ass.
    Ehhh, hello Steven Segal!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Trent should be played by Vin Diesel when this masterpiece goes to the silver screen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I am spectacularly bored tonight(Saturday and all) so i thought i'd give a Trent movie teaser poster a shot.

Trent.jpg

You'll have to forgive its obvious sloppiness but its a first go that i threw together and what little PS chops i had are long gone since being out of work but does it do the good man justice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

does it do the good man justice?

Hahaha = nice touch :p

• Advertisement

I'm gonna request that this gets stickied forever to preserve the sheer awesomeness of the greatest character of fictional writing ever.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055793672

Vote for Trent as a Legend of the Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ah, Trent. Badass, Lover, Mystery.

I'd have his babies, only I'm a male, and he'd probably shoot me. Dead. Peooow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I am spectacularly bored tonight(Saturday and all) so i thought i'd give a Trent movie teaser poster a shot.

edit:massive quoted image removed

You'll have to forgive its obvious sloppiness but its a first go that i threw together and what little PS chops i had are long gone since being out of work but does it do the good man justice?

Too easy.

Hahaha. Just kidding mate. Great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭claireeney

I feel incomplete.....I needs moar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

The protagonist is beginning to sound a bit like Wolverine, only not as awesome...
    padraiggg wrote: »
    Is the protagonist one of the other xmen? What do you think about Trent?

This had me in tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

claireeney wrote: »
    I feel incomplete.....I needs moar!!!

Going by the response here and on facebook, I'd imagine that padraiggg has realised he's struck gold*:) and we won't be hearing from him in a free for all capacity

* and has high-tailed it to Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez's house (I hear they've Bert and Ernie's style living arrangements).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I've just heard from reliable sources that Paidraiggg has retired to a mountaintop cave in Iran with a portable TV, armed with his all favourite James Bond films, Lex Steele's filmography, and the entire box set of Ross Kemp on Gangs, to try and get inspiration for the next chapter of the Trent saga.

Hahahaha I was in stitches reading all of this XD

Trent for president :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I want MOAAAAAAAAAAR!!!

Advertisement