Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bin Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

irishbird, I'm in Finglas West and my bin collection was this morning... though I know I'm up nearer Lidl than you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

If you go to www.greenbin.ie you can download the new calender...

Only if it recognizes the address you type in. How it doesn't bring up Abbey Street, I'll never know (it brings up 2 other ones, but not the one in city centre). It's ridicuolous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GreyhoundD22

Only if it recognizes the address you type in. How it doesn't bring up Abbey Street, I'll never know (it brings up 2 other ones, but not the one in city centre). It's ridicuolous!

Yes, you are completely correct - it's ridiculous. Since your original notification I noted the problem too and I've asked our I.T. dept to take this on board. This should be rectified over the coming days.

irishbird wrote: »
    oi, stop showing off you received 3 calenders! we havent received one since the old one ran out, despite many phone calls to the office.

and yes, i know i download the timetable on the internet but its a pain in the hole to have to turn on the computer, and hope you can get on to the site to find out if you can put your bins out.

i am in Finglas by the way

There have been problems in particular areas of the city, including Finglas. I would recommend that you tell family and friends to check www.greenbin.ie where updates are being posted daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

what do we do with fresh waste if this wintry weatehr keeps trucks from getting down residential roads? our bins were already overflowing when we put them out on sunday night with all the xmas trash. Im in Dublin 9/11 btw.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

There have been problems in particular areas of the city, including Finglas. I would recommend that you tell family and friends to check www.greenbin.ie where updates are being posted daily.

TBH i shouldnt have to log on to the internet every morning before i go to work to find out if my bins are being collected - its a disgrace.

and also it is not my job to tell my family and friends about your website, for a start none of them live in Finglas but that is beside the point.

you need to sort this out now, this has been going on since September

TBH i shouldnt have to log on to the internet every morning before i go to work to find out if my bins are being collected - its a disgrace.

and also it is not my job to tell my family and friends about your website, for a start none of them live in Finglas but that is beside the point.

you need to sort this out now, this has been going on since September

If you were looking to check on flights, buses or any other form of public service in poor weather, all providers would recommend that you check their website or call their customer service department for updates. Indeed, on 'Morning Ireland' this a.m., Dublin Bus, Aer Lingus and Bus Éireann advised all customers to check their websites for updates. The Green Bin collection service for Greater Dublin is no different.

Many parts of the city are inaccessible to large trucks and vehicles such as bin lorries. There are serious health & safety issues concerning lifting bins and manoeuvring wheelie bins in such icy conditions, as well as the possibility of trucks rolling on slopes.

However, if you would supply your exact address I will have someone look into the collection issues you refer to. Without the street name your accusation cannot be substantiated.

Thanks

Look, i just want a calander that i can stick on my fridge, so i know when to put out my bins.

i have phoned your office at least 10 times since september looking for a calender

Why wont you give me a calender ????????????????????????????????

Look, i just want a calander that i can stick on my fridge, so i know when to put out my bins.

i have phoned your office at least 10 times since september looking for a calender

Why wont you give me a calender ????????????????????????????????

Tell me your street name (and house number as some streets are split between different days) and I will guarantee that a calendar is in the post to you tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

That's another thing... I live on a street which the site mentions that different house numbers are split into different days but... anytime the bin truck has collected it's just collected them all... and everyone has a bin out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Please continue to put your bin out at 07.00 and let me know if it hasn't been emptied on the day of collection.

I appriciate the fact that the binmen are out doing their work, but someone needs to take the inititive and either cancel or full collections.

My green bin was due to be collected yesterday, and I called the company to check if there was a collection in my particular area. The girl I spoke to said that they would be here, but probably would only do the main areas of the estate.

Fair enough says I, I will leave it on the main road in and out of the estate, instead of where I normally leave it, as its behind the houses and roads pretty bad there and wouldn't expect them to drive down the street to it.

Low and behold, they came into the estate and picked up "some" bins and drove past others, not worrying I thought they would be collected on the way back when they were leaving, but as usual, they were not collected, even though thay had to drive by them to get out of the estate!!

WTF??? Like I said earlier, they are doing their best in conditions, but if they are driving by bins that need to be collected and not doing it, its very unfair.

2 bins have already been overturned, and again, rubbish all over the place, the company really needs to cop on and start doing it right, or don't do it at all, cancel all collections until the weather improves. At least we would know where we stand if thats the case.

Can you let me know 2 things:
    1 - Why they drove by the bin (and about 6 others, so no excuses that they didn't see it)

and

2 - When will it be collected, and you cannot expect us to wait for another 2 weeks with full bins until they collect it.

Think ill burn my recycled waste and melt the snow rather than wait on this lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think their should be2 men and a driver rather than one. I saw the driver getting out yesterday to try give the other guy a hand with the bins. There was quite a few on the road, and a big queue of cars stuck behind the truck so i imagine thats why the driver got out, and maybe that fact it was 7pm and quite dark.

Past plenty of bins an hour ago that have been on the road since thursday night and they are still not collected.

More competition in waste disposal market is needed. You cant just not turn up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

More competition in waste disposal market is needed. You cant just not turn up.

Dont know if thats really the answer, cant say i ever had a problem with oxygen when they had the contract for the green bins.

Greyhound probably offered a cheaper tender and wont the contract. Winning a contract doesn't mean the service will be the better, or even the same in this case. Greyhound seem to do longer days, more bins in a day. Most likely done for cost reasons.

Davy wrote: »
    Dont know if thats really the answer, cant say i ever had a problem with oxygen when they had the contract for the green bins.

Greyhound probably offered a cheaper tender and wont the contract. Winning a contract doesn't mean the service will be the better, or even the same in this case. Greyhound seem to do longer days, more bins in a day. Most likely done for cost reasons.
    Tbh i dont really care about who does it. I only have one recycle bin and its full, have enough to fill another 3 bins aswell. I just want them to do their job.

Same rubbish happened last year.(excuse the pun :p)

well, their site said all collections were suspended today but i seen one of their lorries passing my house today and all the bins on the road :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

Hi there greyhoundD22

If I pm you could you post a collection calender out to me? also, are there collections scheduled for tomorrow (monday), im living in fairways green in finglas east and there were no green bins collected on friday. the latest message on the greenbins.ie website is that collections will resume monday. any idea if the bins will be collected in this area?

regards

colin

Tell me your street name (and house number as some streets are split between different days) and I will guarantee that a calendar is in the post to you tonight.

your website said you will put a list of roads to be collected today - there is no list.

can you tell me if my road will be collected? i have to go out in an hour and cant wait around staring out the window waiting for your van

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

still no collections, what are greyhound playing at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the amount of rubbish all over the streets around my neighbourhood is an absolute disgrace.

Update today on website:

Today (Tuesday) – Ashtown / Navan Road / Cabra / Glasnevin / Finglas / DLRC / Inner City bag collections

Update: a number of areas today experienced access issues that continue to be caused by bad weather. These were: Donamore Crescent & Avenue, Killinarden Heights (there was no access due to icy roads in the cul de sacs located off these streets).

Wednesday 13 January – Clontarf / Drumcondra / Tallaght / DLRC / Inner City bag collections

Thursday 14 January – Crumlin / Terenure / Rathmines / Harold’s Cross / Blanchardstown / Inner City bag collections

Friday 15 January – Fingal / Swords / DLRC

Am presuming that "Fingal" is to include my area, but lord knows with Greyhound!!

People need to appreciate that the weather has played havoc with the collections schedule since 2 January.

Not only is Greyhound diligently going to areas that had access issues due to icy roads and snow, it is also fulfilling the regular scheduled collection calendar too.

Greyhound is endeavouring to cover as many areas and streets as possible, but people should note that if their collection was affected by bad weather, with the recent improvement their next SCHEDULED collection will be fulfilled. To supplement this, as mentioned, the company is also going back to areas to clear as much as possible, but it cannot guarantee that every street or house will be visited.

This latter issue is mainly due to the volume of waste, as many trucks are filling quicker than normal.

Please bear with us over the coming days and be assured that we are working 'flat out' to visit households who were inaccessible up to and including 11 January.
    cute_cow wrote: »
    Update today on website:

Today (Tuesday) – Ashtown / Navan Road / Cabra / Glasnevin / Finglas / DLRC / Inner City bag collections

Update: a number of areas today experienced access issues that continue to be caused by bad weather. These were: Donamore Crescent & Avenue, Killinarden Heights (there was no access due to icy roads in the cul de sacs located off these streets).

Wednesday 13 January – Clontarf / Drumcondra / Tallaght / DLRC / Inner City bag collections

Thursday 14 January – Crumlin / Terenure / Rathmines / Harold’s Cross / Blanchardstown / Inner City bag collections

Am presuming that "Fingal" is to include my area, but lord knows with Greyhound!!

Irishbird, what is the name of your street?

As I mentioned above in my reply to Cute Cow, the capacity in the lorry is filling quicker than with normal collections due to access issues from last week, and the truck may have simply been driving back to base and not able to lift any more bins.
    well, their site said all collections were suspended today but i seen one of their lorries passing my house today and all the bins on the road :rolleyes:

well greyhound have told me the next collection for my road will be the 21st January which means to that it will be a month since our last collection.

but according to the website our bins were supposed to be collected yesterday, so in the wind all the bins were blown over and now place is covered in the litter - its a disgrace.

i am assuming greyhound will be cleaning up all the rubbish on the street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

i am assuming greyhound will be cleaning up all the rubbish on the street?

Although it would be nice, why should they ? I've cleaned my street and the side of my house several times over the last few weeks due to inconsiderate neighbours leaving their bins completely over flowing, even without wind the stuff would fall out onto the street, a bit of common sense by residents is what's needed and the householder from where the crap came from should clean it up. My area has already gone a month since last collection, I think.

well greyhound told us to keep checking their website to find out when to put of the bins - going by their website, the bins should have been collected yesterday.

myself and a lot of my neighbours were out cleaning up yesterday but what about the green areas?, footpaths and roads that dont belong to anyone ?

we have done everything we were told to do but still no collections. i have a lot of eldery people on my road who do not internet connections, does greyhound expect me to knock on the 90 houses on my street and tell them not to put out their bins again until the 21st January ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

myself and a lot of my neighbours were out cleaning up yesterday but what about the green areas?, footpaths and roads that dont belong to anyone ?

Eh, why didn't you clean them while you were at it ?

cute_cow wrote: »

:rolleyes::confused:

And what do you know? "Fingal" didn't include my area!! Even though a call was put thru to Greyhound yesterday, Friday evening at 5.15pm. Person I spoke to said they were in my area at the time....and low and behold, the bin is still full to the brim!

It's going into the 5th week since a collection now....ridiculous!! Greyhound should be ashamed of themselves, lying to people on their website and on the phones.

• Advertisement

lol tell me about cute_cow:D

according to their telephone people my bin wont be collected until to the 21st but according to their website, they were due to be picked up yesterday - still no collection.

the bins were taken back in only to be told by a neighbour they were collecting this morning on the next road over - bins back out

no collection - bins back in - the same neighbour told us they might be collecting tomorrow - bins back out

this is gone beyond a joke at this stage, i now have a full bin and 3 full black bags :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement