Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jizzlers 2009 - Awards Ceremony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

It was a great idea, topics that relate to these awards must account for about half my posts now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Pygmalion wrote: »
    And both the 'd's in "Deise Girl and" aren't actually on the award either, unless there's some mad perspective hax involved.

I'm beginning to think that there actually are no awards, I hate doubting D-Fork like this but all the evidence points to Photoshop.
    The most damning evidence being the word "Adobe" clearly visible in the header of the file

Truly is a shame. Where's that angry mob again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Any chance you could release the number of votes of each poll?

I'm curious after seeing how you did the should be a couple award :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Next year will we have the Cautioner awards? I like continueing this sitebanned-users-named award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

jumpguy wrote: »
    Next year will we have the Cautioner awards? I like continueing this sitebanned-users-named award.

Cautioner was site-banned for being a prick, Jizzler was site-banned for being a hero and standing up for what he believed in.
    Cautioner deserves no awards named after him

• Advertisement

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Cautioner was site-banned for being a prick, Jizzler was site-banned for being a hero and standing up for what he believed in.
    Cautioner deserves no awards named after him
    Good point, I apologise for such a ludicrous idea. Pricks piss me off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I got an award. Check the sig!↓↓↓:cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm fairly certain Jizzler is not site-banned. He hasn't logged in since August though.
    Cautioner ain't ever coming back...

Now let us never mention this again!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well it's about damn time I got some recognition! :pac:

Seriously though, thanks guys. I know you didn't vote for that award, but I'm sure you all would've, given the opportunity. Let's be fair, the Jizzlers piss all over bythewoods' cake thing.

Thanks again,

The ever-modest adonis,

Bobalicious93

Congrats man, and may I say you ran this ceremony with style :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I got an award. Check the sig!↓↓↓:cool:

That's forged.

The marks don't match those left by D4RK's photoshop tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Jako8 wrote: »
    That's forged.

The marks don't match those left by D4RK's photoshop tools.
    Ya, but I like it... And it links to C+H!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Well it's about damn time I got some recognition! :pac:

Seriously though, thanks guys. I know you didn't vote for that award, but I'm sure you all would've, given the opportunity. Let's be fair, the Jizzlers piss all over bythewoods' cake thing.

Thanks again,

The ever-modest adonis,

Bobalicious93

*taps bob on the back*

the force is indeed with you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

*wakes up slightly from drunken stupor*

I won!

*vomits on Craguls' replacement shirt and conks out*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

A Neurotic wrote: »
    *wakes up slightly from drunken stupor*

I won!

*vomits on Craguls' replacement shirt and conks out*

*leaves alone with fare in taxi*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Sorry all, I wasn't around earlier.
    *hicccc*
    I got caught up in the pre drinking and had to be put to bed, but I think I'm okay now, y'know?
    Did I kiss everything? It must have been something I ate like, just felt suddenly ill and dizzy. Completely ruined my stylish ball gown.

Best dressed though. Ah cheers! I've never been so proud of anything in my whole life. It's such a majorly impressive, non-pitying award. I love you all.

I'm definitely not wearing snowman pyjamas and a Bavaria hoodie in bed as I write this. No sireeeee. Yves Saint Laurent is all I'll touch, usually,

Let's be fair, the Jizzlers piss all over bythewoods' cake thing.

F*ck yourself. Years of cake and subsequent obesity vs. one little awards ceremony?7
    wrong wrong wrong
    :P

bythewoods wrote: »
    Did I kiss everything?
    :P

Lol, typo but definitely has to stay.

I'm drunk posting a little bit lulzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

That quote is a keeper! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

syncosised wrote: »
    That quote is a keeper! :D

Just like the person who wrote it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

What did I miss?
    I had stuff to attend to..

OMG I WON THE MOST AWESOME PERSON ON BOARDS AWARD!
    This video sums up my feelings perfectly:

• Advertisement

phlegms wrote: »
    What did I miss?
    I had stuff to attend to..

I don't mean to annoy you, but you really missed a great show. You've got 230 posts to catch up with, good luck! :)

I don't mean to annoy you, but you really missed a great show. You've got 230 posts to catch up with, good luck! :)

I just speed read through them there, and what can I say but...

FUP YOU CRAGULUS! FUP YOU!
    You knew how much I wanted to win that award. You let me down man. MAAANNNN. *

*Should also be noted that in true awards ceremony style I am genuinely drunk right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

*Stumbles drunkenly down red carpet, dress slightly torn, hair dishevelled*

OH HAI GUYS WHAT'D I MISSSS???????

YO Bythewoods, I'ma let you finish, but.....

Piste wrote: »
    *Stumbles drunkenly down red carpet, dress slightly torn, hair dishevelled*

OH HAI GUYS WHAT'D I MISSSS???????

YO Bythewoods, I'ma let you finish, but.....

tumblr_kq9yqfD34N1qa3i8uo1_400.jpg

YO Bythewoods, I'ma let you finish, but.....Phlegms is the most awesome duder of all time. Of ALL TIME.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

And the next award.....

We may get annoyed at them sometimes, get frustrated, get a yellow card, run away from the forum in a huff, vowing to never come back, only to come crawling back days later.....

..but deep down inside we know they're here to help, and they're necessary. So this is where we show our appreciation.

The Best Mod Award

the nominees are:

KnifeWRENCH
    Piste
    Insect Overlord

It feels pointless announcing this since they already know, but.....

..the winner is.....

Insect Overlord!!!!

Best-Mod.jpg

*Shakes Insect Lord's hand graciously with empty, frozen smile*
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'd just like to thank all of you lovely people who voted for me and not Fad. He really isn't that funny to be honest. I'm not very good at speeches so, here's a list of people I'd like to publicly humiliate.

Insect Poethead- Once stole a chocolate button from me. You thought you were great, but look at me now!

Syncosised- You thought you were fantastic when you won the poker last night, and all my money to boot, but NOW who has all the winnings? ME that's who!

Piste- I once asked Piste if she's like to marry me, but she laughed in my face. NOW, NOW who's laughing? ME that's who?

Fad- Fad once asked me to find him a girlfriend, and/or life. It turns out it was all a careful ruse to destory my self esteem. BUT NOW who has the shattered self esteem?!

KnifeWRENCH- One day I was walking down the hall, when suddenly I was abducted and brutally beaten. Of course, no one was ever found guilty, but tonight KnifeWRENCH has showed everyone his true jealous colours. I'm on to your game Knife-ey.

Deise_Monster- These two girls once called me professor fluffybottom, and then ran outside to play some ancient game nobody likes any more before I could think of a comeback. NOW WHO's laughing?

In summary, I ROCK! Thanks

Yeah but you didn't have an award then ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Probably because I made it in about ten seconds!
    Dude, if you ever want to make it again, I wouldn't boast about that in public ... >_>

phlegms wrote: »
    FUP YOU CRAGULUS! FUP YOU!
    Do you now apologise for your use of most unceremonial language?

jumpguy wrote: »
    Do you now apologise for your use of most unceremonial language?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah but you didn't have an award then ;)
    I'm taken now I'm afraid, and I appreciate my current girlfriend very much. And I am totally not saying this in the fear that she will soon join these hallowed halls :eek:

Advertisement