Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What games are you getting for Xmas...?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Got Uncharted two, being dying to play this for ages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

Wossack wrote: »
    its a surprise...!

dragon age, yay!

(installing... :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Wossack wrote: »
    dragon age, yay!

(installing... :P)

I just started mine up too, wtf, possibly the longest install i've had on a game yet! And it's only supposed to be 2.5gb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Got Uncharted two, being dying to play this for ages. :)

The multiplayer is surprisingly good....if you have a game save from the original uncharted you get an additional 20k bonus and if you have a compelted game save its 100k bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Closest gaming related thing I got was a ice-cube tray shaped like Space Invader aliens :D Oh and my brothers old computer (which has been sitting unused in his room for best part of half a year).......well, when he bothers to copy over his stuff and wipe it anyways :rolleyes:

Damn publishers pushing game releases till after Xmas, now I have to go and buy them myself :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No one game. How many hints do I have to drop :/ I got all the Police Academy films on DVD instead. I hate Police Academy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

I just started mine up too, wtf, possibly the longest install i've had on a game yet! And it's only supposed to be 2.5gb!!

on pc its 15gb :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No one game. How many hints do I have to drop :/ I got all the Police Academy films on DVD instead. I hate Police Academy as well.

Oh dear, my condolences! I don't think anyone needs to own a physical copy of Mission to Moscow.

Got Disgaea 3 (which I'll get around to once I put another 80 hours or so into Disgaea 1 - love the games), Zelda Spirit Tracks and Left 4 Dead 2 (I have already been left incapacitated mere steps away from the getaway car after filling up the petrol tank for my team. Ah the joys of co-op).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

CutzEr wrote: »
    Aion :P

I pity you. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh dear, my condolences! I don't think anyone needs to own a physical copy of Mission to Moscow.

Tell me about it. It's just ridiculous. It's like I came out as a nerd and they won't accept it. Every year I just don't get anything games related but this year police academy is like a kick in the balls :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

pvt.joker wrote: »
    COD2 and Assassins Creed 2 :)
    Haha my brother got those two. Spent the whole day playing Assassins Creed, says it's a superior game. He got a really cool black Assassins Creed t-shirt with the game aswell. I'm not even into gaming but I'd wear it myself, it's unreal!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tell me about it. It's just ridiculous. It's like I came out as a nerd and they won't accept it. Every year I just don't get anything games related but this year police academy is like a kick in the balls :/

looooool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Same here. No games. Not one. Disgrace. Not even a voucher for a games store.

As a result my family are available right now on adverts, I'm willing to trade for a family willing to buy games.

(also, at least the first two police academy films are decent)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Santa brought me Forza 3 collectors edition and Wet. Will probably pick up some games during the sales aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Trade in the boxset against Bayonetta (which, lets be honest, is probably better than any game you would've gotten anyway). You may only get a tenner (if you're lucky :pac:) but you can consider it a moral victory of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I got Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and the God of War Collection for the PS3. I also got Left 4 Dead 2 for the PC, looking forward to playing that tonight :)

Trade in the boxset against Bayonetta (which, lets be honest, is probably better than any game you would've gotten anyway). You may only get a tenner (if you're lucky :pac:) but you can consider it a moral victory of sorts.

I spent my Bayonetta money last night on booze :( Maybe I won't drink on new years :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ratrope

I got Assassin's Creed II, Left 4 Dead 2 and lots of World of Warcraft-merchandise. All in all really awesome gifts - been slaughtering zombies, stabbing virtual italians and starin' awestruck at my new WoW-figures for the last few days. Seems like I'll have to buy the God of War-Collection myself, though.
    Also, much sympathy for the Police Academy-boxset-guy. Really not what a gamer would want fer christmas...

Advertisement