Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C+H Awards 2009?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

jumpguy wrote: »
    I want an award I can win...so how about "C&H's best jumpguy" award?

No way, I'm totally the best jumpguy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

My campaign to gain a modship for Jizzler is still running by the way. Im glad to know we have sympathizers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

So how would people feel about this as a final list?

The first annual Jizzler awards 2009

Best Poster
    Best Thread
    Funniest poster
    Best Taste in Music
    Best Dressed
    Best Mod
    Best Beard
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster
    The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H (Basically the person who spends most time here ;))

If people are happy with this we can move on and open a proper nominations thread. Would be great to get this done before the year's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Best beard.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Best beard.

Hardly fair that one is it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

So how would people feel about this as a final list?

The first annual Jizzler awards 2009

Best Poster
    Best Thread
    Best Taste in Music
    Best Dressed
    Best Mod
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster
    The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H (Basically the person who spends most time here ;))

If people are happy with this we can move on and open a proper nominations thread. Would be great to get this done before the year's end.

All good, though I'd like to see a "Most funniest" award.

Most Bobalicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Most Bobalicious.

Most neurotic?

Personally I think it's B Neurotic......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Jay P wrote: »

Most funniest?

I don't even know if that makes sense but it seems like it should.

:confused:

Forgot that one. Post fixed now.

NOW it's the final list :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Best beard.
    Hardly fair that one is it? :D

Aw, thanks guys! :)

Best beard.

Do it, an award I have a chance at getting.

If anyone else runs we'll have to decide on the rules of the beard-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Do it, an award I have a chance at getting.

If anyone else runs we'll have to decide on the rules of the beard-off.

Rules;

1) If pygmalion does not emerge victorious there will be a recount.
    2) If pygmalion does not emerge victorious after 3 recounts then he wins by default.

Best beard award added ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Seriously Pygmalion will kick everyones ass at the best beard award, i can vow for him! It's just 100% of manlyness on his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

If only I hadn't shaved yesterday (took about 40 minutes!) :(

edit: just saw pygmalion's photo in the other thread.. so I had no chance of winning anyway :(

I've a question. Will there be one thread for all the voting, or one thread for each category?

Also, I'm presuming one of the mods will make it "ofishul"?

I've a question. Will there be one thread for all the voting, or one thread for each category?

Also, I'm presuming one of the mods will make it "ofishul"?

If they want Best Mod they will *shakes fist*

I presume jizzler is in the running for Best Mod?

I presume jizzler is in the running for Best Mod?

I thought we agreed jizzler isn't being included in the awards? Else he'd just win everything. As a comprimise, they're being named the "jizzler" awards. This way everyone is happy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm willing to facilitate some sort of order to the "jizzler awards". :) However, as it's the posters who make the forum, it should be up to you to get things moving. I know I am just a regular poster most of the time too, but to be honest I'm too lazy to start making polls and stuff :P

I'm willing to facilitate some sort of order to the "jizzler awards". :) However, as it's the posters who make the forum, it should be up to you to get things moving. I know I am just a regular poster most of the time too, but to be honest I'm too lazy to start making polls and stuff :P

I've no problem running it if people want. I'd probably enjoy it in a sad, strange way. I did bring up the whole thing, probably should be my burden to carry :D

To answer Jay P's question, I would assume there would be a thread for voting on each award. We need a nominations thread first of course. Leave that open for a couple of days, then throw a couple of polls up.

I've no problem running it if people want. I'd probably enjoy it in a sad, strange way. I did bring up the whole thing, probably should be my burden to carry :D

To answer Jay P's question, I would assume there would be a thread for voting on each award. We need a nominations thread first of course. Leave that open for a couple of days, then throw a couple of polls up.

The soccer forum is doing something like this. Their model might be a good one to follow. Take a glance through their threads for some handy ideas.

The soccer forum is doing something like this. Their model might be a good one to follow. Take a glance through their threads for some handy ideas.

That's exactly where I've been stealing borrowing my ideas for this from.

Another idea (which I've instead stolen from RedCafe) was to keep the poll results hidden, and announce the winners in a real-time "ceremony" thread.

Yeah I saw them last night, but surely we need a few more nominations first? We don't have a whole lot...

That's exactly where I've been stealing borrowing my ideas for this from.

Another idea (which I've instead stolen from RedCafe) was to keep the poll results hidden, and announce the winners in a real-time "ceremony" thread.

+1
    That's a class idea. Red carpets and all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Cheers to Bobalicious for organising all this; the idea occurred to me at one point but I was far too lazy to ever bring it up! :p
    You might regret it though when you're busy making polls for every category, especially since people are just randomly adding categories as they go along. :pac:

Advertisement