Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C+H Awards 2009?

• 23-12-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Some other forums do this, might be interesting. Could it work here? Is the forum active enough to justify awards?

I was thinking simply along the lines of

-Poster of the Year
    -Thread of the Year
    -Post of the Year
    -Best Newcomer
    -Most likely to be banned in 2010
    -Best Taste in Music :D
    Etc.

If people think it's a good idea, you could put your suggestions for awards in here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

BEST DRESSED,BEST DRESSED!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Worst taste in music... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

-Poster of the Year - Jizzler
    -Thread of the Year - Jizzler thread
    -Post of the Year - Jizzler's post about milfs
    -Best Newcomer - Aren't we all newcomers?... The forum is only a year old after all...
    -Most likely to be banned in 2010 - :confused:
    -Best Taste in Music :D - Jako8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Jay P wrote: »
    -Best Newcomer - Aren't we all newcomers?... The forum is only a year old after all...

Good point. Scrap that then :pac:

On a more serious note, I'm not sure I could pick out individual posters as being the poster of the year.

Though for thread of the year, I'd definitely go for Share something you like/find interesting. Also the Celebrity Crushes thread :)

• Advertisement

Thread of the year = 90's babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Thread of the year; Fad

Got a brilliant PM from knifewrench asking me was Liam just a total fúcking psycho or do I know him :D

Other thread of the year nom; all those bizarre safe sex ones from Condoms.

Villain of the year; Alcohol.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This looks like good fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

-Poster of the Year - Everyone :D
    -Thread of the Year - 90's Babies
    -Post of the Year - Unsure, I'll get back to you on that one.
    -Best Taste in Music Jay P, Bobalicious and Mushy.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Best poster : Everyone is a legend round these parts!

Best thread : the soundtrack to your angst thread as i love going on there posting videos that everyone else hates :D.

Post of the year : Jizzlers one on milfs Haha!

Best taste in music: me! :) because i seem to be the only one that actually likes Paramore (unless someone would like to speak up! :P). Haha.. Or maybe deise_girl because she has similar taste in music lol!

Most likely to be banned in 2010: another form of jizzler if he decides to reappear under a new name :P. Jizzler#2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Fad wrote: »
    Thread of the year; Fad

Got a brilliant PM from knifewrench asking me was Liam just a total fúcking psycho or do I know him :D

:o I felt like a pure tool after that one! In my defence, I had no idea what Dethklok was (and still don't.)

So should we open a new thread specifically for everyone's final decision on their nominations? Then give it a few days and start throwing out some polls?

Why can't we just do it here? We'll need a full list of awards though. As in a final list...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Tbh all we need is one category.

Biggest Rush Fan.

And watch as this place goes made with "Pick me!" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Sort out the categories here, then once thats done create a new thread for the actual awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

-Poster of the Year -
    -Thread of the Year - Soundtrack to your angst (..although I've noticed a lot of non-angsty tunage in there... so perhaps a name change is in order :P)
    -Post of the Year
    -Best Newcomer
    -Most likely to be banned in 2010
    -Best Taste in Music - A Neurotic followed closely by Bobalicious. Edit: I always mix Fad up with A Neurotic so I could well be mistaking one's music taste over the other...so I'll just throw Fad into the mix as well.
    -Most Annoying Feature of C+H - those that use 'text talk' (not much of it thankfully)
    -We Need More __ In C+H - funny anecdotes! Screw AH!

Why can't we just do it here? We'll need a full list of awards though. As in a final list...

We could do it here, I just thought with people nominating Jizzler (I assume they were joking...:confused:) then putting up their actual nominations it might get a bit messy.

I suppose we should start counting nominations once we have a definitive list of awards...

Does anyone have any more suggestions for awards? The "Best Dressed" idea could work now with the Know your.... thread.

Best mod? :D
    Grumpiest poster?
    Most enthusiastic poster (I can't think of a better way to word 'Least grumpy poster :p)

We could do it here, I just thought with people nominating Jizzler (I assume they were joking...:confused:) then putting up their actual nominations it might get a bit messy.

Agreed.

Funniest poster?
    I'll try and think of a few more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Funniest poster?

I like this one.

How about:
    'Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with'
    'Most helpful poster'
    'Poster you'd most like to buy a pint for sometime' (or for those younger members of C+H who have yet to depart the fields: 'Poster you'd most like to go knackering with')
    'Poster most likely to post'
    'Poster most likely to make a witty/humorous remark'
    'Poster most likely to make use of a double entendre'

Monzo wrote: »
    'Poster most likely to make use of a double entendre'

Poster most likely to double your entendre.
    Poster most likely to make a sex joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Best mod >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Piste wrote: »
    Best mod >_>

Almighty Cushion

Jako8 wrote: »
    Almighty Cushion

JC 2k3 ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Giving Jizzler the awards is a problem for two reasons:
    a) It'd be unfair on everyone else who has no chance this year.
    b) It'd be unfair on Jizzler who deserves much more.

As a solution to this I propose that we call the awards the "Jizzlers" in honour of him.

As an extra bonus to the winners, instead of saying, in a boring way: "I won the C&H award for best poster", they get to say "I got a Jizzler for hottest mombest poster".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I havn't got a clue who jizzler is but I like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Soundtrack to your angst for best thread.
    Insect for best mod.
    Jako8 for best post

Love it!

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I havn't got a clue who jizzler is but I like it!

Some would call him a hero, some would call him a martyr, some wouldn't call him either but just because it's not really their style, they still thought he was a pretty cool guy.
    He brought hope to our lives, he gained popular support throughout this forum, he seemed ready, after only an hour, to take on the role of Moderator, replacing those already in power.
    The Moderators of course were threatened by his presence, they sensed a force that they couldn't stop and cut him down in his prime before it got too much for them to handle, sending a harsh, but clear, message to anyone who dared to speak out against their rule.
    That is, he came on here, posted a thread called "Calling on all HOT MOMS" or something and asked if any older ladies wanted to boink.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

He was just too sexy for us, we felt threatened, so we banned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I want an award I can win...so how about "C&H's best jumpguy" award?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Soundtrack To Your Angst will never be renamed!

Advertisement