Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dollhouse S02E09-10 **spoliers**

• 16-12-2009 5:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Two more eps. on Friday before a short break, back in January to burn off the last three :(
    Darn it, i wouldn't mind a third season after the last four eps.!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Tell me about it,

Why oh why did he bother with the first three episodes? if he had just started off with these then surely he would have been onto a winner. I'm at least glad that it is bowing out with its head held high but all in all, I agree Joss blew it big time here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

12 hours to go!!!!!!!

Roll up, next 90 mins!!!

YES!!!!...episode 9 is out...woo hoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2 more terrific episodes. Too little too late.
    3 to go.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Two excellent episodes. God damn why wasn't the whole series like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Brilliant once again! The show has really found its groove, and dare I say it, perhaps knowing the end was in sight has lead to the vast improvement in story arc (I know the show wasn't cancelled at this point in production, but given that we saw the Epitaph One future again, where could it have gone?).

I was completely blindsided by the Attic story outcome. And as for the Japanese guy without the legs, where's the vomit emoticon?! I'm intrigued as to who the other half of Rossum is now. Harding would be too old. Nice to see Mr Dominic back, but no Mellie.

And glad that Victor got his episode, although he didn't get to showcase his talents as a mimic although they must have decided that with Ballard in a coma, Victor would take over the topless fighting gig. The military thing was all very Borg but I suppose given the premise of the Dollhouse, anything is possible with Rossum.

I don't know if it was a joke or not, but I laughed when Echo stated she thought it was 2010, not knowing how long they had been off air. And Dushku has been far more likeable in recent episodes where she has not been doll like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Very good indeed. It just seems so odd now that we got four weeks of mostly mediocre episodes one-by-one (well, except for the Sierra one really) and then with the show canceled, we get a double serving of good-to-awesome episodes three weeks in a row... sigh. Still, it's been moving along nicely and they could answer a lot of the remaining questions with the last three episodes.

It's also strange that without knowing they were canceled though, we are getting so much progression - if there had been a third season, where the heck could it have gone?

I think they knew it would be axed, ergo Rossom/Etipath One arc....it's moving in the direction of answering all the questions and wrapping it up. I was kinda confused the The Attic...i'll need to watch it again.

Brilliant once again! The show has really found its groove, and dare I say it, perhaps knowing the end was in sight has lead to the vast improvement in story arc (I know the show wasn't cancelled at this point in production, but given that we saw the Epitaph One future again, where could it have gone?).

I was completely blindsided by the Attic story outcome. And as for the Japanese guy without the legs, where's the vomit emoticon?! I'm intrigued as to who the other half of Rossum is now. Harding would be too old. Nice to see Mr Dominic back, but no Mellie.

And glad that Victor got his episode, although he didn't get to showcase his talents as a mimic although they must have decided that with Ballard in a coma, Victor would take over the topless fighting gig. The military thing was all very Borg but I suppose given the premise of the Dollhouse, anything is possible with Rossum.

I don't know if it was a joke or not, but I laughed when Echo stated she thought it was 2010, not knowing how long they had been off air. And Dushku has been far more likeable in recent episodes where she has not been doll like.

Deliberate i think. another indication they kinda guessed it would be axed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Another awesome two episodes. Dushku doesn't even annoy me anymore.
    The final scene of the Attic was amazing... reminded me of one of the last episodes of Angel where the audience thinks that Angel has gone evil, but then there's a similar scene with the troops where he reveals that it has all been a plan to infiltrate the bad guys - very similiar thing going on with DeWitt there.
    I'll have to watch Epitaph One again, to see what else needs to happen to get us to that point. Whiskey needs to come back of course, but all in all it's more or less leading up to that point nicely.
    I wonder what they took from Ballard...
    I'm glad it will go out on a high, and I reckon Whedon must've known that it wouldn't get past the 2nd season. I'd be very happy if all loose ends are tied by episode 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Excellent episodes. Really good stories & lots of new info on the dollhouse. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Another fantastic 2 episodes!
    Really loved Echo's "death" at the end and the music that went along with it, and then the edge of your seat moments wondering if Victor and Sierra made it back (I actually let out a sigh of relief when I saw them all grouped together in Adele's office:o)

Another great JW show, bummed in the gob by fox:(

We need to see more of Victor implanted with Toph - that was some of the finest character acting I've ever seen last time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

tman wrote: »
    Another great JW show, bummed in the gob by fox:(

I'm usually first in line for some righteous FOX-bashing, but that was not the case here. Have you watched the first half of season 1 and the first 3-4 episodes of season 2? Terrible, terrible stuff... and there was no excuse to start season 2 especially with such weak sauce episodes...

And I agree with what Richard said above - they probably knew when these episodes were filmed that cancellation was imminent and that's why we are getting such great progression. Without that "threat" over their heads, we may have had another few craptacular episodes...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,890 ✭✭✭✭Stark

tman wrote: »
    Really loved Echo's "death" at the end and the music that went along with it, and then the edge of your seat moments wondering if Victor and Sierra made it back (I actually let out a sigh of relief when I saw them all grouped together in Adele's office:o)

One problem about having seeing Epitaph One already is that it removes much of the suspense. Like I've seen Victor and Sierra in Epitaph One so I knew there wouldn't be a Romeo and Juliet style ending this time round.

^ yeah but the fun is how we reach Epitaph One....you know'll there'll be a few curb balls thrown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

J-blk wrote: »
    and there was no excuse to start season 2 especially with such weak sauce episodes...

I thought the opening episodes were perfectly saucy!

Seriously though, I have enjoyed all of the episodes of DH so far, even if some have been more on the weak side than others... None of them warranted the show getting cancelled imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Good episodes! I reckon Wheadon won't completely wrap everything up. He always likes to leave at least some kind of cliffhanger.

So Ballard... they said all he'll have is anger. Does that imply what they cut out is the opposite...?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,890 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I reckon they took his mojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I remember that while watching The Attic I was surprised at the special effects they invested in Victor taking on his twin, the sniper. Especially after they could go no further than extra long cling film to help restrain the dolls in their tanks! It was always said that the budget for S2 would be considerably reduced.

But it turns out that Enver has a twin brother who is not an actor (although he works in real estate, so probably glad of the work), and played the role of the twin. Apparently Joss likes using people's real lives in his shows, and Enver admitted that the inspiration for Kiki came from him dancing at one of the show parties!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

But it turns out that Enver has a twin brother who is not an actor (although he works in real estate, so probably glad of the work), and played the role of the twin. Apparently Joss likes using people's real lives in his shows, and Enver admitted that the inspiration for Kiki came from him dancing at one of the show parties!

I didn't know that, interesting. Quite like the episode of Buffy with the two Xanders where they got Nicholas Brandon's identical twin to play one of them.

Advertisement