Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The brand new, fully wrapped and covered in tinsel C+H Christmas thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My favourite part of Christmas Eve mass is when the priest hears a phone ring and tells people to turn it off. He realises it's his and answers it and talks to santa, who's flying over Cork and will be over soon. I love hearing all the little childrens reactions :)

Aw, that's really nice!
    I doubt I'll be going to mass this year. Depends on whether or not the rest of my family goes I suppose. I haven't believed in the whole thing in years, but I don't want to be left alone in the house on Christmas morning! :eek:

Sometimes I feel like such a big kid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

How have I not seen this thread before?

On the mass thing, none of my family are religious, no grandparents to make us feel guilty for not going. We used to go every christmas, and every few weeks, but once me and my brother both made our confirmations, it was left up to us. If we want to go, we can go, just nobody is going to force us.

I'm looking forward to Christmas, as usual, I'm known in my friends for being overly enthusiastic about Christmas. My radio has been tuned to Christmas FM for the last few weeks anyway.

Christmas eve is usually spent in my dads, we have dinner and stuff, then open one present. Then we go back to our mum's. Our dad comes over for a while on Christmas morning, then our aunties and cousins come for dinner and stay the night. Although the last few years has involved me, my brother and cousin sitting up drinking most of the night. I believe they made brandy ice cream floats last year.

Christmas presents wise, I'm broke this year so only got my family and boyfriend presents. Pretty much done now, just have to wrap them.

So excited :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just putting up our tree. Nothing exciting really, will be nice to lounge about all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I go to the midnight mass each year in Christchurch Cathedral in Dubland. I'm not remotely religious however, wasn't even baptized and this is the only church service I attended in the year. My parents aren't particularly religious either so no one is forcing me or my sister to go. It just wouldn't feel right if I took part in all the festive activities that occur during Christmas if I didn't acknowledge the religious side of things regardless of whether I agree with them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

phlegms wrote: »
    I go to the midnight mass each year in Christchurch Cathedral in Dubland. I'm not remotely religious however, wasn't even baptized and this is the only church service I attended in the year. My parents aren't particularly religious either so no one is forcing me or my sister to go. It just wouldn't feel right if I took part in all the festive activities that occur during Christmas if I didn't acknowledge the religious side of things regardless of whether I agree with them or not.

I'd be quite content to not participate at all..........I do need to get me an aluminium pole for Tuesday though.........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

terrible christmas no.1....... i get that they dont want x factor as the winner but could they not have chosen a better song

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

terrible christmas no.1....... i get that they dont want x factor as the winner but could they not have chosen a better song

Nope!

Advertisement