Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling House In Parklands, Maynooth

Options
  • 30-11-2009 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Have investment property in Parklands and looking to shift it quickly as income from it is not meeting mortgage payments.

We got an offer last week of 280K and agent told us to take it as values in Maynooth are to devalue further. Somewhat suprised to hear this as thought University would keep value a slight bit higher.

I know we're in no position to be picky but does anyone else think the price is too low or should we grab offer asap? To be honest we haven't actually been inundated in offers or viewings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

BOOKWORM.1 wrote: »
    Have investment property in Parklands and looking to shift it quickly as income from it is not meeting mortgage payments.

We got an offer last week of 280K and agent told us to take it as values in Maynooth are to devalue further. Somewhat suprised to hear this as thought University would keep value a slight bit higher.

I know we're in no position to be picky but does anyone else think the price is too low or should we grab offer asap? To be honest we haven't actually been inundated in offers or viewings.

Hi

I sold a house in Parklands Way last year - PM me for details on who we used etc.

Paul

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We recently bought in Maynooth.

It depends on the size of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BOOKWORM.1

Thanks Paul. Will send you PM now.

Moon, it's a 3/4 bed. Over a 1,000 sq ft. No problems getting renters but selling is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Take it would be my advice ...mightnt get 300 in 4 or 5 years time...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

BOOKWORM.1 wrote: »

Did the agent give you a reason for this?

Remember it might a friend of theirs bidding or they might just be desperate to get soem commission for themselves.

Check with any similar houses in the town with other agents and see what they're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BOOKWORM.1

ytareh wrote: »
    Take it would be my advice ...mightnt get 300 in 4 or 5 years time...

You might be right. I rang around a couple of independent auctioneers today and they said similar. Really kicking ourselves we didn't sell up last year.

Zebra, the reasons we got were - that's all the viewers are willing to spend, banks weren't giving out large mortgages, the house looks bigger from the outside etc and also a funny one I thought was it's not really a first time buyers house!. Other houses in the area are asking for a lot more but don't seem to be moving.

Also one of the viewers mentioned that they could hear people talking in the house beside us and this was very off-putting. Does anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JosieJumps

Hi Bookworm, did you sell your house?

Advertisement