Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayTV Discussion (reasonable discussion ONLY!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

misty76 wrote: »
    Humans have legs, cat have feet or paws.. So this is where they are going with it tonight!
    What about the bus driver...how many legs has he got?:p

:P
    misty76 wrote: »
    Humans have legs, cat have feet or paws.. So this is where they are going with it tonight!
    What about the bus driver. ???? that was the reason this quiz was rejected.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

4 girls
    1 driver
    48 cats in baskets
    5 cats visible in bus
    kittens abandoned
    Goodnight all

39 live entries

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

BMollie wrote: »
    What about the bus driver...how many legs has he got?:p

Well if he was human he would have 2 lol,:D
    so its just the legs on the bus, so the cats (oops kittens) are in a basket so therefore not counted? Too tired to think about it now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

Answer is 8 legs

forget about cats & kittens

hint from her (2 used 3 times) 2* 2* 2 = 8

4 girls on bus = 8 legs

Lauren's giving away the answer 2.she say's and it's 3 times...so I think as has been guessed before..222 WHAT A CHANGE TO THE OLD BUS QUIZ:confused:
    They are really scared now...so making it so easy ......Only one complaint not passed???????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    52 live entries on this one.
    I think it will be the first BUS QUIZ ever solved. If someone get's the answer after all the hints it will be a RECORD.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

Final answer 222.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

It just goes to show, even if they tell the answer, they will make money!

Prize money vs chance of connection.

If someone flukes an early answer. the next puzzle waits to make up the money.

Is there any way to beat the quiz???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Anatomyoflife

How did they come up with 222.......... as far as i can see the answer is 202

1 basket = 4 cats + 12 kittens
    = 16 animals
    = 64 legs

3 baskets = 64 legs x 3
    = 192 legs
    4 girls = 8 legs
    busdriver = 2 legs

therefore total is 192 + 2 + 8 = 202 legs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

= 16 animals
    = 64 legs

3 baskets = 64 legs x 3
    = 192 legs
    4 girls = 8 legs
    busdriver = 2 legs

each girl had 3 baskets so there were 12 baskets making your answer substantially larger.

I watched it last night and worked out a answer approaching 800, Auld Yins logic that the kittens weren't on the bus must be correct but it isn't acceptable. I can't remember the wording but I remember thinking about possibilities that the cats, kittens or even people weren't on the bus and there was nothing to suggest that was the case. In fact it goes against previous logic in these bus games.

In their old games - the cats were taken off the bus in baskets but not the kittens.
    Now the cats are on the bus on baskets but the mention kittens aren't.

In the old games there was nothing to suggest that the kittens were kept on the bus but not the cats so it was pure guesswork and I believe thats still the case.

There's so many variables that can make different answers and when they change their logic at whim it makes it impossible to guess right the first time meaning it's not logical at all.

jsemple wrote: »
    each girl had 3 baskets so there were 12 baskets making your answer substantially larger.

I watched it last night and worked out a answer approaching 800, Auld Yins logic that the kittens weren't on the bus must be correct but it isn't acceptable. I can't remember the wording but I remember thinking about possibilities that the cats, kittens or even people weren't on the bus and there was nothing to suggest that was the case. In fact it goes against previous logic in these bus games.

In their old games - the cats were taken off the bus in baskets but not the kittens.
    Now the cats are on the bus on baskets but the mention kittens aren't.

In the old games there was nothing to suggest that the kittens were kept on the bus but not the cats so it was pure guesswork and I believe thats still the case.

There's so many variables that can make different answers and when they change their logic at whim it makes it impossible to guess right the first time meaning it's not logical at all.

yeah first time i got 776....... but how can they justify somebody winning on a question that has so many possible answers and then not even give a solution on there site...........

= 16 animals
    = 64 legs

3 baskets = 64 legs x 3
    = 192 legs
    4 girls = 8 legs
    busdriver = 2 legs

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63199114&postcount=11108

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭dangerpowers

Hi Guys/Gals (my contacts)

Just a quick reminder to let you know I'm not in Dublin for a few days, I know you read these boards so saves me texting! and ye did say to mention it here, I won't be needing any answers/solutions but do let me know if something different happens - you know what I mean!

Speak to you all when I'm back

Ciao

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭a_l_a_n

I was watching this one last night too, and it really pissed me off. I wasn't able to stay conscious for the eventual conclusion but was there long enough to find out the answer they were looking for was 222, rather than the correct 776 (note there are no grounds to assume there was an unmentioned bus driver!).

If I was the kind of person stupid enough to have called that number, then I would have spent all of today on the phone and writing letters to the BCC making an official compaint about false advertising or something.

a_l_a_n wrote: »

...(note there are no grounds to assume there was an unmentioned bus driver!).

If I was the kind of person stupid enough to have called that number, then I would have spent all of today on the phone and writing letters to the BCC making an official compaint about false advertising or something.

The driver is the guy behind the windscreen.

A call or calls to the show are not a requisite for a complaint if you believe it's justified.

Auld-Yin wrote: »

Where did the "5 visable cats" come from?????

I was watching this one last night too, and it really pissed me off. I wasn't able to stay conscious for the eventual conclusion but was there long enough to find out the answer they were looking for was 222, rather than the correct 776 (note there are no grounds to assume there was an unmentioned bus driver!).

Agreed........... except for the bus driver part that could be relevent *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭a_l_a_n

Where did the "5 visable cats" come from?????

I think the sketch that they showed on screen for the duration had a few visible cats. What he's saying is that the answer was based on this image. It's so incredible I wouldn't be able to believe it, except for the fact that his is the only explanation that comes close to the wildly incorrect value they asserted.

But remind me, did the image show 4 girls on the bus and 12 baskets off the bus? Was the image actually sufficient for answering the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The devil is in the detail.

• Advertisement

I think the sketch that they showed on screen for the duration had a few visible cats. What he's saying is that the answer was based on this image. It's so incredible I wouldn't be able to believe it, except for the fact that his is the only explanation that comes close to the wildly incorrect value they asserted.

But remind me, did the image show 4 girls on the bus and 12 baskets off the bus? Was the image actually sufficient for answering the question?

I really can't remember now........... yeah it's the only way to get their answer..... this show or whatever you'd like to call it needs to be scrapped cause it's ridiculous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Bond-007 wrote: »
    The devil is in the detail.

is that why your source was so wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is it just me or did JG say at the very start there that they were giving €300 for ANY 3 letter or more word?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

no, only one word that's sealed in the envelope.

1290 possible words and that's excluding names!

LAst post before I go

Look at the wording of the question

It say CREATE a word using at least 3 letters, not find the word in the envelope, thats a very reasonable complaint that can be made as all callers are making at least 3 letters words which are correct answers

highnc wrote: »
    no, only one word that's sealed in the envelope.

1290 possible words and that's excluding names!

But then a name may be acceptable tonight!

it's usually a name; JG stuttered when someone said "great" at the start of the show, so my guess is:

GRAHAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

highnc wrote: »
    it's usually a name; JG stuttered when someone said "great" at the start of the show, so my guess is:

GRAHAM

That is so clever Highnc, and very observant! Of course, because we all expect it to be a name I wonder if they will actually have a 'WORD' in the envelope this time!!!!

They wouldn't want us to be too smart.

major clue: change of tactic - it's a country (i was too smart last post!!)

HAITI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

tonga

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement