Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Job as a QFA

• 13-11-2009 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Qualifications held: BA Business Studies, Diploma in Marketing, Qualified Financial Advisor Diploma, Cert in General Insurance

Previous Jobs : Life and Pensions administrator, Life and Pensions sales advisor, Mortgage consultant, General Insurance BDM, Senior Investment and Finance Consultant

Daily/weekly/yearly routine: Researching the market, following leads, arranging appointments and meetings, attending conferances, conducting fact finds, meeting public and corporate clients, designing new financial products, marketing and sales.

Age bracket: (optional): 32

General comments: Exciting, challenging, time consuming, never boring, not restrained to the office as you spend most of the week at meetings or on the road, great incentives, salary and benefits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

What's the staff turnover like in a job like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Approx one person leaves the postion every 2 years. Usually to work for another company or promoted to a higher postion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Lexus1976 wrote: »

Qualifications held: BA Business Studies, Diploma in Marketing, Qualified Financial Advisor Diploma, Cert in General Insurance

Previous Jobs : Life and Pensions administrator, Life and Pensions sales advisor, Mortgage consultant, General Insurance BDM, Senior Investment and Finance Consultant

Daily/weekly/yearly routine: Researching the market, following leads, arranging appointments and meetings, attending conferances, conducting fact finds, meeting public and corporate clients, designing new financial products, marketing and sales.

Age bracket: (optional): 32

General comments: Exciting, challenging, time consuming, never boring, not restrained to the office as you spend most of the week at meetings or on the road, great incentives, salary and benefits.

whats the money like?

5 figures if your lazy, 6 figures if your passionate about money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 allinorfold

Did you work your way up a Graduate Program or at what what level did you enter the field?

• Advertisement

You can enter the field at any stage provided your doing the exams. Your employer will usually pay for the QFA exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 allinorfold

In terms of neccessary undergrad degree, what would you advise?
    I've a degree in Maths and Stats and a postgrad diploma in Statistics.
    What would be my next step?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

i worked in a bank for 7 years so would i be eligible to be a qfa and of course do the exams? is there any mork in this area, fair play to you, you sound really happy where you are!

snowy2008 wrote: »
    i worked in a bank for 7 years so would i be eligible to be a qfa and of course do the exams? is there any mork in this area, fair play to you, you sound really happy where you are!

Sure, you will need to contact www.lia.ie or the institute of bankers for information.

In terms of neccessary undergrad degree, what would you advise?
    I've a degree in Maths and Stats and a postgrad diploma in Statistics.
    What would be my next step?

Hi mate, check out my last post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭TimAllen

Just wondering, Are you self employed or PAYE? You made reference to varying income depending on laziness or fondness for money!

TimAllen wrote: »
    Just wondering, Are you self employed or PAYE? You made reference to varying income depending on laziness or fondness for money!

Both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    Both :)

what do you mean?

Advertisement