Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The X Factor...

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jedward got through! Yes! If they win the show's integrity will be destroyed, it will be in the dirt! Rock on!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

John and Edward are extremly intresting to watch. Who else would have sang 'she bangs' with such dance moves! And if they won Simon would have to sign them and they'd have an album :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Jedward got through! Yes! If they win the show's integrity will be destroyed, it will be in the dirt! Rock on!

I think that already happened when Cheryl Cole performed her cover of Lil Star new song.

As soon as they go, they'll lose about a milion viewers!

EDIT:
    I think that already happened when Cheryl Cole M.Bison performed her cover of Lil Star new song.

Fix'd!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I loveeeee jedward :D.. They are amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

......I've lost so much respect for you in learning you watch this tripe...

I thought you were different....but you're just like the rest of them.. :(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Miss Frank should not have gone home; neither they nor Danyl deserved to be in the bottom 2. Jedward have outlasted their novelty value now; no-one really cared about Kandy Rain or Ricki but now an act with actual talent has gone it makes the joke less funny. There's no-one left (apart from Lloyd maybe) who deserves to go before the twins.

It may be tripe, but it's strangely addictive tripe.
    Come, join us..... *sinister music*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

lens5186802_1244551934Mmm_tripe.jpg

My friend, not even the being laced with the world's strongest cocaine could addict me to that.

Tripe is Tripe, no matter how much make-up, hairspray, flashing lights and shiny things you dress it up with.

Miss Frank should not have gone home; neither they nor Danyl deserved to be in the bottom 2. Jedward have outlasted their novelty value now; no-one really cared about Kandy Rain or Ricki but now an act with actual talent has gone it makes the joke less funny. There's no-one left (apart from Lloyd maybe) who deserves to go before the twins.

I think it depends on what the dream is on the X Factor. Is it to win it or get a recording contract? If its to get a record contract then it shouldn't matter how the public votes, if they were good enough they should get one. I think John and Edward just want to see how far they can go. They wont do well outside the competition and I'm sure they know that. If there wasnt such negative publicity about them earlier they wouldn't have such a large fanbase right now.
    Im repeating myself here from other posts but this years contestants are boring and not as talented as other years. Very few will have a career after this. John and Edward are keeping ratings up and are fast becoming the act people want to see each week, because they give the most memorible performance each week.

I think this post establishes I want John and Edward to win! :D

in fairness, does it matter how long the twins are in it as long as they dont win it?? As theres only gonna be one winner and the rest are gonna be eliminated at some stage anyways..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 d_bogtrotter

Look guys Wake upThe X factor is all a con.They get all the idiots to pay through the nose to vote in.Then they can turn round and say "we have your money, but you really didnt vote for the right 1.So we are going to send the act home we think should go" ( A bit like the Lisbon Treaty)I mean if its a phone in vote then the 1 with the least votes should go.If its a judges decision,then they should Have an odd number of judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Look guys Wake upThe X factor is all a con.They get all the idiots to pay through the nose to vote in.Then they can turn round and say "we have your money, but you really didnt vote for the right 1.So we are going to send the act home we think should go" ( A bit like the Lisbon Treaty)I mean if its a phone in vote then the 1 with the least votes should go.If its a judges decision,then they should Have an odd number of judges.
    I doubt it - ITV have been fined very, very heavily for two seperate phone-in fraud instances in the past. And they were pretty small. Something on the scale of rigging the X Factor and taking the public's money would be such a stupid thing to do it'd be unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 d_bogtrotter

What i am sayin is that if it is a phone in vote, how come the judges get to decide at the end.I mean if you paid a pound to vote for someone, You would expect them to stay if someone else had less votes.The judges should have nothing to do with the final decision.It a con cause they can Keep bringing the 1 they want back even though thet might have got the least votes all the way along.

It's on 2 'tv's in the house, it's hard to avoid. Plus, you'll notice i want jedward to win because it would tarnish the show... It is addictive though. I don't like it... But I don't hate it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 ciano123

aahh, its brillian stuff..

Jamie afro would be a favourite of mine..
    although i would love to shave it off!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Condoms

Jamie needs a hair cut, not cool on a man his age, its been a while since he saw 21

John and edward got through. Alleluaih :D

*Raises hands up to heaven*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

MAKE IT STOP.

All of my facebook updates are shítfactor related. When will it end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Harleigh Rhythmic Corn

when you get cool friends?

• Advertisement

It's odd. I hate the X-Factor. Yet, I can't stop watching it. It's actually like an addiction! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm with you my oniony friend. Last weekend was shiiiiit though, there's so many contestants who are actually ****ing ****e. Hope Lucie Jones wins tbh.

Love the stick Cheryl got on the Xtra Factor with that caller.

Jedword for the win! Or that afro guy. Look at me, talking about the xfactor... I'm like a normal person or something!

jumpguy wrote: »
    Last weekend was shiiiiit though, there's so many contestants who are actually ****ing ****e.
    Thats what everyone said and I agree. It was meant to be rock week but most of them just stood there again, oh sorry Stacey walked for the first time.:rolleyes:
    John and Edward were brillient with their eyeliner and hair dye :P Cant wait for them in movie week!

Oh and I liked Ollie too :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jedword for the win! Or that afro guy. Look at me, talking about the xfactor... I'm like a normal person or something!

You're never setting foot in my house again!

Join us... It's so blissfully easy over here. You can converse with real people!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Join us... It's so blissfully easy over here. You can converse with real sheeple!

Fixed that for you :pac:

That said, I'll probably end up watching the final when it's on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Look at me, talking about the xfactor... I'm like a normal person or something!

Am I the only one who read that sentence and immediately imagined it being said in Stacey's voice/accent?

No, my secret's out!

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who read that sentence and immediately imagined it being said in Stacey's voice/accent?
    I lol'd at that(litreally), brillient post :P

Movie week, Edward and John are singing
    Ghostbusters, with complete costume
    Song with least singing talent required but garenteed to be excellent :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement