Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Child's Play

079284131X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Screen

Saturday October 31st .. 18.30pm

An American Werewolf In London

american_werewolf_in_london1.jpg

Cineworld

Saturday October 31st .. 22.20pm

Movies @ Dundrum

Saturday Oct 31st .. 20.50pm
    Sunday Nov 1st .. 20.50pm

Movies @ Swords

Saturday Oct 31st .. 21.30pm
    Sunday Nov 1st .. 21.30pm

Vue, Liffey Valley

Sat 31st Oct - Thurs 5th Oct .. 22.00pm

Airplane!

airplane1.jpg

The Ivy House, Drumcondra
    Tuesday 3rd of Nov .. 21.00pm

Point Break

item_731_1.jpg

UCI Blanchardstown
    Monday 2nd of Nov .. 21.00pm

Good Will Hunting

600full-good-will-hunting-poster.jpg

UCI Coolock
    Monday 2nd of Nov .. 20.35pm

• Advertisement

Frenzy (1972)

FrenzyLC.jpg

Irish Film Institute
    Sat 31st of October .. 15.45pm

The Stranger (1946)

the-stranger-postrt.jpg

Irish Film Institute
    Thurs 5th Nov .. 18.10pm

The Thing

thing-poster.jpg

The Screen, Dublin
    Sat 31st Oct .. 20.30pm
    Tues 3rd Nov .. 18.00pm

The Usual Suspects

189239The-Usual-Suspects-Posters.jpg
    UCI Tallaght
    Monday 2nd of Oct .. 20.30pm

The Apartment (1960)

3839950758_8c20a6d269_o.jpg

Santry Omniplex
    Mon 2nd Oct .. 21.15pm

• Advertisement

Pierrot Le Fou (1965)

PierrotLeFou1965.jpg

Light House Cinema, Smithfield

Fri 30th Oct - Tue 2nd Nov.. 6.15pm

Journey Into Fear (1943)

JourneyIntoFearPoster.jpg

Irish Film Institute
    Tues 3rd Oct .. 19.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

National Lampoon's Animal House @ Cineworld Parnell St. - 6th November (no times listed yet)

grimm2005 wrote: »
    National Lampoon's Animal House @ Cineworld Parnell St. - 6th November (no times listed yet)

Can't wait :D

I'm such an 80's geek. Seen American Werewolf (another of Landis's movies) tonight at 9.30 in Movies @ Swords and guess what???

I had the whole place to myself :D:D:D

Halloween night and have the a Werewolf movie to myself .. the stuff of dreams.

Off to tail end of fancy dress party now - man I wish I had a werewolf costume :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Hey great idea for a thread, shame to hear that people didnt take advantage of seeing a classic horror on halloween night. Looking forward to see what'll be shown in the coming months have being dying to check out a classic on the big screen for a while now, not the biggest Animal House fan so i'll have to wait for something else to come along that tickles my fancy.

I've been away over halloween so i'm kind of annoyed that i missed out on seeing Frenzy on the big screen, i love that film.

Hey great idea for a thread ..

Thanks, hope this one lasts as so many of the classic threads fade out as they have mostly been concentrated on one aspect etc
    I've been away over halloween so i'm kind of annoyed that i missed out on seeing Frenzy on the big screen, i love that film.

Sorry to hear that. I'll keep my eye out as they may show it again.

Know how you feel. I strolled down to the IFI last week to see Gremlins on 70mm and when I got there all the tickets were gone :(

Citizen Kane (1941)

citizen_kane.jpg

IFI

Friday 13 November at 18.15
    Saturday 14 November at 13.00
    Sunday 15 November at 13.10
    Monday 16 November at 18.10
    Tuesday 17 November at 18.10
    Wednesday 18 November at 13.00

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Good thread.

Was at Some Like it Hot in the Lighthouse last week and it was a great experience.

Was a good big crowd at it and everyone was laughing throughout.

Good thread.
    Was at Some Like it Hot in the Lighthouse last week and it was a great experience.
    Was a good big crowd at it and everyone was laughing throughout.

Meant to go but missed it :( Great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

National Lampoons Animal House @ Cineworld - Mon 9th November 20:50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Everyone has to see An American Werewolf In London before it ends on Friday, this film is so much more amazing on the big screen and the digital print is just beautiful!

niallon wrote: »
    Everyone has to see An American Werewolf In London before it ends on Friday, this film is so much more amazing on the big screen and the digital print is just beautiful!

Wasn't it great. I still can't believe I was so lucky, on Halloween night to get a whole screen to myself to watch it.

I think there must have been someone up above watching over me that night as I also seen the Paranormal movie in Cineworld at 6.30pm and on the way to Movies @ Swords I went out the back road behine the Airport I decided to get Burger / Chips and stuff in the Chippers in Rivervalley.

When I got them I thought I'll drive down past where I grew up and we used to light bonfires and watch everyone there, enjoy my grub and then head of to see American Werewolf In London, happy days.

When I got there the Bonfire was there but noone else was!? Parked the car and walked over and looked around the estate and nobody around?? Could see other bonfires in the distance were packed and here I was with my Bonfire. Then the cinema to myself .. if only life went like that all the time :)

+1 to everyone though not to miss this if you can. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Saw it myself in Movies@Dundrum on Saturday night too - it wasn't empty but not many at it - i'd say about 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Wasn't it great. I still can't believe I was so lucky, on Halloween night to get a whole screen to myself to watch it.

I think there must have been someone up above watching over me that night as I also seen the Paranormal movie in Cineworld at 6.30pm and on the way to Movies @ Swords I went out the back road behine the Airport I decided to get Burger / Chips and stuff in the Chippers in Rivervalley.

When I got them I thought I'll drive down past where I grew up and we used to light bonfires and watch everyone there, enjoy my grub and then head of to see American Werewolf In London, happy days.

When I got there the Bonfire was there but noone else was!? Parked the car and walked over and looked around the estate and nobody around?? Could see other bonfires in the distance were packed and here I was with my Bonfire. Then the cinema to myself .. if only life went like that all the time :)

+1 to everyone though not to miss this if you can. Great fun.

Sounds like a perfect night to me alright! Quite annoyed at myself that I didn't try see the other classic horrors, Day Of The Dead, The Thing etc.

Myself and my dad were the only ones bar maybe one other dude at AWWIL last night until about ten minutes in when a bunch of heads no older than 16 I'd say walked in. Needless to say they showed their age and lack of intelligence throughout their say by constantly informing the theatre of how "S**t" the film was, my guess is they saw the title on a lobby card and assumed it to be a new release. Thankfully they left before the film was over but I was slightly disappointed, they left before the transformation! I would've loved to have first hand seen that one scene completely silence them as it would have!

niallon wrote: »
    would've loved to have first hand seen that one scene completely silence them as it would have!

Tell me about it.

I went to see Point Break in Blanchardstown UCI on Monday night and I LOVE that movie. Picked good seat so I could chill and then just as it started German couple came in and cracked open a botlle of wine and yapped for 20 minutes.

Eventually, I just leaned over and said "Look, I came to watch the movie and to listen to you .. alright!" .. they mumbled a few times after that but not I could live with that.

Same happened at Scarface .. bunch of idiots came in 5 minutes in and chatted non stop so I just left and came the next night.

I Blues Brothers I moved seat as some girl kept asking her boyfriend question every few seconds.

Different problem last week in that I went to see The Great Escape in The Screen and sound is too bloody low. Seen The Mist the other night there and again far far too low, The Shining the other day also too shagging low.

Your afraid to eat popcorn it's so bad. Girl sitting few seats from wa eating and looked at me and laughed and said "I'm waitin for the loud bits" as she reached into the Popcorn. I complained but they only turned it up a smidgen .. don't know what their issue is in that place. They never used to be like that.

National Lampoon's Animal House

29019.gif

Cineworld
    Mon .. 8.50pm

IMC
    Mon-Tues .. 9.25

Movies@Dundrum
    Mon-Tues .. 9.20

Omniplex
    Mon 9.30pmWed .. 9.30pm

Screen D'Olier St