Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your favourite Star Trek Series?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

TNG by far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I love Voyager! I dont know why!!!! I think its because its the only series where the Captain is a woman! Girl Power!!!! You have male captains with male commanders and a female captain with a male commander and a male captain with a female commander but you dont have any female captains with female commanders! am I the only one who has a problem with that??
    But ya! Voyager rocks!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

SarahBM wrote: »
    I love Voyager! I dont know why!!!! I think its because its the only series where the Captain is a woman! Girl Power!!!! You have male captains with male commanders and a female captain with a male commander and a male captain with a female commander but you dont have any female captains with female commanders! am I the only one who has a problem with that??
    But ya! Voyager rocks!!!! :D

Yeah, they put a woman in charge, and the first thing she does is get lost on the wrong side of the galaxy.
    Maybe they needed a woman, because they knew that a man would never pull over and ask for directions.:D

Ya and if a man was in charge it would have taken them about 70 years to find they're way home!!! Plus he would have blown up god knows how many races along the way!

A man would have thrown Chakotay et al into the nearest air-lock, then promoted Tuvok to 1st officer, then kicked arse!:D
    Actually, I thought Nog had a lot of potential, I would have liked to see a series with him as a central character.

• Advertisement

You are joking!!! Some of DS9's characters are so laughable!
    I would have liked to see the DS9 and Voyager crews involved in a movie though!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I can't stand DS9, it's really camp. Didn't like any character on that show.
    Cannot stand Ferengi either!

It does fit the star trek formula imo.

TNG or Voyager for the win

its a pity we never really saw riker take up his own command! It would have only been right for him to get his own ship after living in Picards shadow for soooooo long! And like what happened to the voyager crew when they got home? did they get separated or get assigned to another mission!!!??? What happened to Seven? There were so many questions left unanswered in my opinion!
    Voyager to win!!!

I thought Nog had a lot of potential, and I would have liked to have seen his Ferengi instincts used in a Starfleet situation.
    DS9 is certainly the most grown-up of all the series, especially the first 2 seasons.
    Riker was just a watered down version of Kirk. They didn't even TRY to hide it. Giving him T as his middle initial. William Riker only being 1 syllable removed from William Shatner.
    As for Seven, she simply went back in time, grew pointy ears and called herself T'Pol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

SarahBM wrote: »
    its a pity we never really saw riker take up his own command! It would have only been right for him to get his own ship after living in Picards shadow for soooooo long! And like what happened to the voyager crew when they got home? did they get separated or get assigned to another mission!!!??? What happened to Seven? There were so many questions left unanswered in my opinion!
    Voyager to win!!!

there's a voyager book series that's suppose to be really good. it's admiral Janeway pulling the strings from home while Chakotay is captain and Tom Parris is first officer. haven't read them though.
    Ziggy_1972 wrote: »
    I thought Nog had a lot of potential, and I would have liked to have seen his Ferengi instincts used in a Starfleet situation.
    DS9 is certainly the most grown-up of all the series, especially the first 2 seasons.
    Riker was just a watered down version of Kirk. They didn't even TRY to hide it. Giving him T as his middle initial. William Riker only being 1 syllable removed from William Shatner.
    As for Seven, she simply went back in time, grew pointy ears and called herself T'Pol.

Nog was brilliant, in a show where the kid characters are grating, to say the least, he was competant and intelligent. he also had one of the strongest character arcs, comparing him in seaso one to season seven

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

DS9 here (half way thu watching season 3 now)

was TNG! but after watching all of TNG not so sure anymore

voted for Enterprise because the last 2 seasons are excellent and it shouldnt have been cancelled! some of the episodes such as "in a mirror darkly" are top stuff

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

the only bad thing for me about in a mirror darkley was that i watched it too many times and scott whatever his second name is acting is not exectly that great - i normelly dont care about stuff like that but repeated viewings of that episode have dark archer in my bad books as one of the worst mirror univerce charactors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

80+ votes for Voyager ? :confused:

You should be ashamed whoever you are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

monosharp wrote: »
    80+ votes for Voyager ? :confused:

You should be ashamed whoever you are

Ah, go back to your spock ears:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Why can't I vote for all of them except Voyager & Enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyt24

I would have to say voyager..The fact they want to get home but cant and of course seven of nine...nice, nice and nice......oh new star trek movie rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CSaber

My favourite series is TNG as it was the first Star Trek I ever saw. Though I did have a strange relationship with it as it was always on when I was having my dinner so for years I only ever saw the teasers for the episodes and the last fifteen minutes. It was only much later I got to see full episodes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Im Q

SantaHoe wrote: »
    This really should have allowed multiple selections, I'm torn between TNG and Voyager... with DS9 coming dead last.

I have to agree completely with you there. I hated ds9 apart from odo.
    The Q is the coolest charecter in anything ever though. Im kinda pulled toward generation though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gothamite

I picked TNG as it's probably the one I've watched the most of. But when it comes to the movies and the general characters, I far, far prefer The Original Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

The ORIGINAL series for me :) (I dont watch any other)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Spirit of time

Typical of this generation.....

The original of course!!

Never again will there be three characters perfect in harmony and natural friendship...

Without the beginning you would not have the other series,the sets may not have been up to today standards but most people are ignorant to the fact that they were on a shoe string budget compared to today series on TV.
    They actually used to stay back late in paramount studios in oder to rummage around other peoples skips from other TV shows and use items for planets,ships etc.

I will always admire the original because it is what it is....no bull****

Never forget where you came from!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

EXCELLENT REPLY!!!

That new STAR TREK movie was complete crap! (I dont even wanna see it (I am a purist and that is crap using other people pretending to be Kirk,etc))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Dude111 wrote: »
    EXCELLENT REPLY!!!

That new STAR TREK movie was complete crap! (I dont even wanna see it (I am a purist and that is crap using other people pretending to be Kirk,etc))

Are you calling a movie crap that you have not seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Are you calling a movie crap that you have not seen?

I tell you what so. I've seen it and it is crap!

But you saw it, so can form your opinion on it.
    Did you know it was crap before you saw it, or did you decide not to watch it, due to a preconceived notion? nope

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

As star trek its utter utter rubbish :mad::mad:

As a stand alone sci fi callled "space academy" or something else stupid its watchable.

somuj wrote: »
    As star trek its utter utter rubbish :mad::mad:

As a stand alone sci fi callled "space academy" or something else stupid its watchable.

I will actually reserve judgement untill the next movie. Did they go balls out action sci fi to draw audience and reignite a dying franchise, allowing them to go deeper in the next movie?
    I would think that JJ would like to make it a bit more thoughtful but wanted to get the new crowd wanting another movie first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Wow, i'm three years on boards and only now have i come across the Star Trek forum :)

TNG gets my vote as it is the series that i grew up with and got me hooked on Star Trek. I can remember watching it as a four year old on Saturday nights and being fascinated by it. In later years Sky One would show it at 5pm and i had many fiery arguments with my mother over not being let watch it before i went to do my homework. For me, the characters in TNG and the chemistry between them far out-shines the other series (the original excepted). Some of the one liners from Picard, Data and Q were just fantastic. The many battles with the Romulans, Klingons and the Borg were memorable, some of the plots and sub-themes went far deeper than most sci-fi series, which rely on effects or simple plots alone. Good examples of this would be the love triangle between Riker, Worf and Deanna or Data's attempts to attain human traits. Often the sci-fi part was put to one side and we saw episodes that were full of raw emotion. It was more than just a sci-fi series, it was a piece of pioneering genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

it was a piece of pioneering genius

Nope the original series was a piece of pioneering genius TNG was merely orginal series redux and given the time to blosom it didn't get in the 60's .

So credit where credits due my friend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

TOS was good, but citing "it's the original" as a reason why it's better than the others is a bit stupid.

Advertisement