Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus

• 21-10-2009 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Went on a bit of a nose today and saw this

21102009106.jpg

Got a load more pics of the old fleet thats been retired and of other Buses that were involved in accidents/burnt out that are just derilict but not sure if this is the place to post them

dunno but I couldnt find a "BUS" related thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Post away,its all good!:) Whats the story with E14 pictured above,it looks a little worse for wear?:confused:
    Thought that was being kept in good order?Being pedantic,its not a Dublin bus either,as its from the early 60s.Sad to see it like that..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

19102009101.jpg
    21102009105.jpg
    21102009107.jpg
    21102009108.jpg

Fleet retirements including the training school buses ???

21102009109.jpg
    21102009110.jpg
    Is that the first AV to be retired????
    21102009111.jpg
    21102009112.jpg
    21102009113.jpg

The sign says it all
    21102009114.jpg
    21102009115.jpg
    21102009116.jpg
    21102009117.jpg

• Advertisement

Uniform RA and tree cutting RA
    21102009118.jpg
    21102009120.jpg

AV32(Right)

This bus that was involved in a tragic accident a few years back on the Quays and was never returned to service

21102009121.jpg

On the scrap heap few get to see

Dunno what when the damage happened to these buses but I presume thats what led them to be there

21102009122.jpg
    21102009123.jpg
    21102009124.jpg
    21102009125.jpg

Anyone else into buses....post your pics

Ill try to keep this updated if there is interest:)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Good man - some interesting photos - keep them coming ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Aclass

hi there im intresed how much are they how can you buy them do you have a link and price list thanks a mill

Some of these have been previously posted but in the spirit of the thread ill post again.

Bucketloads of this kinda thing on Youtube nowadays if you do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Blue Punto wrote: »
    Went on a bit of a nose today and saw this

21102009106.jpg

Got a load more pics of the old fleet thats been retired and of other Buses that were involved in accidents/burnt out that are just derilict but not sure if this is the place to post them

dunno but I couldnt find a "BUS" related thread

wow , a blast from the past, my dad drove for CIE , in around Galway city and county in the 70's and early 80s, if he had the Galway to Eyrecourt run, he'd collect my brothers and myself on the way back in the evening and bring us to the depot where we could run amok for awhile:D:
    We used to get the odd spin to Limerick on a Sunday on an Expressway like this
    004%20img129%2001-002%20Mar%2001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

21102009123.jpg
    21102009124.jpg

Jaysus they're KR class GAC's. I thought they were all gone. I was a bus nut as a kid and actualy wrote to FFG in Germany looking for development information on the KD/KE/KR class of buses. Much to my suprise ( after sending the hand written letter in English aged 11 ) I got a response. They sent me back technical drawings, photos of early prototype tests in Germany ( that went on to be KD1 painted yellow at the time and KE1) and some lovely pictures of the first KR parked with Merc trolley buses and the like in Germany. Im sorry to say that most of the pictures were lost in a move to Austria many years back. Must have a sniff in the attic to see if any are left. Great pics OP, thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

SAVAGE!!!!!! were all these lying on the conyngham road depot??? and to think i used to pass there every day...... must've been asleep!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Great thread.

How much would a Bus be I wonder????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭artic

overdriver wrote: »
    Great thread.

+++++1 Great Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

This really is great stuff, thanks!

I see in one of the photos there is a withdrawn learner driver Bombardier. Surely it can't have been in service as a learner up until that recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

I have enough problems trying to store my cars - never mind a bus!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Great thread.

I was just thinkin' that! I want a bus!!. I might email them and see if they'd give me a price on one.

I'd take one of these...

KD356HawkinsSt20[1].09.97(62).jpg

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

VolvoMan wrote: »
    This really is great stuff, thanks!

I see in one of the photos there is a withdrawn learner driver Bombardier. Surely it can't have been in service as a learner up until that recently?

Think its a trick of the light

All the Driving school buses where Leyland or Volvo Olympians

How much ???

Well the Dublin Bus ones are on etenders.ie

Title:Sale of Used VehiclesPublished by:Dublin Bus / Bus Atha CliathPublication Date:12/10/2009Application Deadline:
    Notice Deadline Date:30/10/2009Notice Deadline Time:17:00Notice Type:Invitation to TenderHas Documents:YesAbstract:Dublin Bus offer for Sale :

59 x 1999 Volvo Olympian Double Deck Buses. Vehicles are 1999 Volvo Olympian with Alexander (Belfast) Bodywork, Volvo D10A-245 Turbo charged Diesel Engines, ZF4HP500 /Voith 863.3 Electronically controlled Transmissions. Seating capacity- 47U/S 27 L/S. twin entrance / exit doors. Vehicles entered service in 1999.

2 x 1990/1 Leyland Olympian Double Deck Open Top Vehicles- Cummins L10-185 Engines/ ZF4HP500 Transmissions- converted to Open Deck configuration- PLEASE NOTE!! -these 2 Vehicles are offerd on a SOLD AS SEEN basis.

If my memory serves me right I heard the last batch that were sold went for about 40k each

21102009106.jpg
    Anyone know why this looks so ragged?Its a damn shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

How much ???

If my memory serves me right I heard the last batch that were sold went for about 40k each

Bloody shame to see good buses with lots of life in them yet being sold to the UK. Someone in CIE hasnt figured out that the Celtic Tiger is over. I just dont understand why 10 year old buses are being axed. Crazy IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Think its a trick of the light

All the Driving school buses where Leyland or Volvo Olympians

After a second look there I think you're probably right.
    Saab Ed wrote: »
    Bloody shame to see good buses with lots of life in them yet being sold to the UK. Someone in CIE hasnt figured out that the Celtic Tiger is over. I just dont understand why 10 year old buses are being axed. Crazy IMO.

I think the fact that Dublin Bus are reducing a lot of their fleet as a cost-saving measure is contributing to their early withdrawal. In recent years they brought in a policy of withdrawing them after twelve years, from what I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

AV32(Right)

This bus that was involved in a tragic accident a few years back on the Quays and was never returned to service

21102009121.jpg

I would have imagined it would have been scrapped or cannibalized for parts by now. fair play for them for not having it back on the road after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Jaysus they're KR class GAC's. I thought they were all gone.
    Are you aware of the Kells Transport Musem in Cork? They have loads of KCs and a few KRs and KDs. The museum is a pretty controversial operation!
    http://www.kellstransportmuseum.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

superboy wrote: »
    SAVAGE!!!!!! were all these lying on the conyngham road depot??? and to think i used to pass there every day...... must've been asleep!!

Think the majority of these are up in Broadstone depot, the tour buses and trainers are still in use as far as i know

• Advertisement

Two of the tour buses are up for ssale as per the advert above

The training buses have been parked there a while now and 2 others are mixed in with the for sale bunch so I would imagine that they are also up for sale.

All the RV buses (99 models) will be retiring soon so maybe new trainers will be on the way in the form of av models

Advertisement