Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REJUVENATION - ALTERN8 - BANANA BOYS - PRESSURE - 30TH OCT @ THE VAULTS

• 02-10-2009 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Rejuvenation.jpg

30TH OCTOBER - REJUVENATION ANNUAL HALLOWEEN PARTY

This year Rejuvenation’s annual Halloween party is going to be something special – Mask Hysteria Vs Last Night of the Ormond. We have two massive old skool rooms with old skool raging from 89 to 97. For this one we have pulled out all the stops and have secured a line up to guarantee a great night of Halloween madness.

Mask Hysteria Room

ALTERN8
    DJ PILGRIM
    SUBURBAN SOUNDS(Ken&Dar)
    DJ ILLUSION
    SMILEY BOYS(skinny&Dillon)
    DJ PAILO

Last Night of the Ormond Room

THE BANANA BOYS (Keno&Orbit)
    DJ PRESSURE
    JAMES DEVLIN
    DJ DARANOID
    KARL BRADY

We have booked probably the biggest name in old skool ALTERN 8 for there first appearance at Rejuvenation. These two guys still rock every gig they do all over the world with out fail and are guaranteed to put on a great show in full Altern 8 boiler suit mentalism!!! In support and back from the UK for 1 night only is Dublin’s original old skool hero DJ PILGRIM.

Kicking off proceedings in the “Mask Hysteria Room” are DJs PAILO, the SMILEY BOYS, ILLUSION and residents Ken and Dar of SUBURBAN SOUNDS who will be keeping things pumping along nicely with a typical Sides / Asylum selection of tunage.

If that wasn’t enough to get you out with your glow sticks and whistle, we have an equally speaker popping line up in room two. The “Last Night of the Ormond Room” is gonna bring you back to the 14th of June 97. Breaking down the banging 97 House sound will be Dublin legends THE BANANA BOYS and DJ PRESSURE. With a strong supporting cast of DJs in the form of KARL BRADY, DJ DARANOID and JAMES DEVLIN this room will be sure to rock the Vaults to its foundations.

Drinks Promotion on the night, spot prizes for best dressed and giveaways for the first 50 clubbers through the doors. Laser lights, Void sound system, Halloween décor and visuals and video by D-KAV1

Doors to the Vaults open at 9pm over 18 I.D. essential ROAR and admission is 15 Euro before 11:30 pay at the door. The Vaults is located at the last stop of the red Luas line Connolly Station Dublin 1. www.suburbansounds.com

Be warned: This is no fairy tale…………

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

€15 isnt too bad all things considered but unfortunately i think this will be just the same as any other old skool nite in Dublin aka same old Sides/Asylum/Ormond tunes:confused: that's not to say it wont be a top nite just not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KEN.G

jonny68 wrote: »
    €15 isnt too bad all things considered but unfortunately i think this will be just the same as any other old skool nite in Dublin aka same old Sides/Asylum/Ormond tunes:confused: that's not to say it wont be a top nite just not for me.

Jonny,

If I saw you coming through the door I would gladly pay for your ticket back to England. We have been running Old Skool nights for the last three years and you have left a negative comment to nearly all posts.

In fairness the only night you have ever supported has been one you got in on the guest list (Dotsy/Altern 8) or when some girl you were with has paid you in (Carl Cox).

There will be about 2.5 hours of Sides / Asylum tunes to get us started in one room and the rest will be Pilgrim and Altern 8 pre 93 stuff. The other room will be post 95 stuff all night so I don’t know where you are coming from with your “any other old skool nite in Dublin aka same old Sides/Asylum/Ormond tunes” This is typical abuse from you and so with any luck you will be attending one on your many Leeds Raves for 5 sterling’s.

I strongly suggest you go see www.welfare.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

hahahaha awesome!!!

This is gonna be a classic thread, when jonny comes back.

KEN.G wrote: »
    Jonny,

If I saw you coming through the door I would gladly pay for your ticket back to England. We have been running Old Skool nights for the last three years and you have left a negative comment to nearly all posts.

In fairness the only night you have ever supported has been one you got in on the guest list (Dotsy/Altern 8) or when some girl you were with has paid you in (Carl Cox).

There will be about 2.5 hours of Sides / Asylum tunes to get us started in one room and the rest will be Pilgrim and Altern 8 pre 93 stuff. The other room will be post 95 stuff all night so I don’t know where you are coming from with your “any other old skool nite in Dublin aka same old Sides/Asylum/Ormond tunes” This is typical abuse from you and so with any luck you will be attending one on your many Leeds Raves for 5 sterling’s.

whats this "abuse" you refer to i merley made a comment that old skool nites in Dublin are pretty much the same all over as they are, and i havent a fcuking clue what you are on about saying the only nites ive supported are Altern-8 and Carl Cox,good luck to youse anyway ill not comment anymore on your nites

do yourself a favour mate an grow the fcuk up:confused:

hahahaha awesome!!!

This is gonna be a classic thread, when jonny comes back.

geeky boy you can fcuk off and die posting on every thread i post on you weird freak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

In fairness Johnny you haven't a clue what you're talking about so why the hell talk at all?

I have seen Pilgrim numerous times and if there's a dj about that doesn't play your typical old skool anthems well he's certainly one. Ironically one of the last times I saw him was in fact a night where Mr C was also playing and believe me there was none of the old skool mainstream you would be wetting yourself to hear. Anthems indeed in their own right and yes the sets were completely savage but certainly not the generalisation you feel it is your God given right to practice. Also technically I don't know any other home grown dj better than Pilgrim. It's well worth checking out.

Personally I can see that one room will be attended more so than another but I feel the organisers have done a good job in balancing this night's line up out.

Credit where it's due and having the knowledge I do I can safely say so.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Jay D wrote: »
    In fairness Johnny you haven't a clue what you're talking about so why the hell talk at all?

I have seen Pilgrim numerous times and if there's a dj about that doesn't play your typical old skool anthems well he's certainly one. Ironically one of the last times I saw him was in fact a night where Mr C was also playing and believe me there was none of the old skool mainstream you would be wetting yourself to hear. Anthems indeed in their own right and yes the sets were completely savage but certainly not the generalisation you feel it is your God given right to practice. Also technically I don't know any other home grown dj better than Pilgrim. It's well worth checking out.

Personally I can see that one room will be attended more so than another but I feel the organisers have done a good job in balancing this night's line up out.

I assume thats Pilgrim who was over on NI too? Never heard his sets but remember reading great things about him back then alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭daragh_k

Jonny,

I have to say Ken I totally disagree with you here.. Your bang out of order. :D

You forgot to mention the night in Tink Tank that Johnny attended. A night full of butchering oldskool remixes that Johnny so despises he flew home from England to support the night and stuck up the odd post to help promote it aswell!!!

Johnny before you answer me I know your mates were involved in djing and running the night and of course you wanted to help and support them as I would!!

However you change your tune wen its suits you and feel its perfectly ok to post a negative comment about not only every night we have ran but also nights I have played and help promote for other oldskool heads.

Do you not think we are putting blood,sweat and tears and money from are own wages into running these nights the same as ur mates are!!!! to have you come along and complain about everything from the price to the venue to the tunes.

As was said before we dont put these nights on for you!! YOU are in a minority as regards wat you want to here. We put these nights on for the Rejuvenation requlars and people who want to come to the night and have supported us for the last 3 years.

This will be another savage night and another full house with or without you!!

daragh_k wrote: »
    I have to say Ken I totally disagree with you here.. Your bang out of order. :D

You forgot to mention the night in Tink Tank that Johnny attended. A night full of butchering oldskool remixes that Johnny so despises he flew home from England to support the night and stuck up the odd post to help promote it aswell!!!

Johnny before you answer me I know your mates were involved in djing and running the night and of course you wanted to help and support them as I would!!

However you change your tune wen its suits you and feel its perfectly ok to post a negative comment about not only every night we have ran but also nights I have played and help promote for other oldskool heads.

Do you not think we are putting blood,sweat and tears and money from are own wages into running these nights the same as ur mates are!!!! to have you come along and complain about everything from the price to the venue to the tunes.

As was said before we dont put these nights on for you!! YOU are in a minority as regards wat you want to here. We put these nights on for the Rejuvenation requlars and people who want to come to the night and have supported us for the last 3 years.

This will be another savage night and another full house with or without you!!

Think Tank wasn't old skool it was all new music, so what if there was a few old skool remixes sure you'll get that in any club night anywhere, and yes it was my mates night which is why i came back to support it.

Listen fcuk this sh*t i really cant be arsed arguing about some bleedin old skool nite so good luck to youse right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think Tank wasn't old skool it was all new music, so what if there was a few old skool remixes sure you'll get that in any club night anywhere, and yes it was my mates night which is why i came back to support it.

Listen fcuk this sh*t i really cant be arsed arguing about some bleedin old skool nite so good luck to youse right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ye Johnny its very easy to back out now when your being pulled on it mate. Why comment in the first place ? We are only arguing now because of your endless negative comments !!! I never ever made any negative comment against you or any night u were affilated with. Im just trying to defend my night against critisim from someone whom as far as im aware has never been at it !!! So ye im happy to leave here mate ill say no more on it!!!

• Advertisement

geeky boy you can fcuk off and die posting on every thread i post on you weird freak

HAHAHAHA. And indeed, Jonny delivers!!!!! Right on time.

meh, just realised you're banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

Hmmm a fancy dress night with Altern8 playing I wonder what i'm going to dress like????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 karlmcd

cant wait for this first time seeing altern8.Dont make me wait,Dont make me wait Evaporate :D...:pac:EEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Jay D wrote: »

Have to agree, that was a brilliant night and still have the set on my mp3 player, always gets a listen.

Fair play lads, think one of the best line ups so far :D I shall definately be in attendance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Daragh - Can you edit your sig to remove the flyer please, it makes the thread hard to read. I dont mind the flyer in the first post of the thread but its too big to have every few posts. Thanks

KevIRL wrote: »
    Daragh - Can you edit your sig to remove the flyer please, it makes the thread hard to read. I dont mind the flyer in the first post of the thread but its too big to have every few posts. Thanks

No probs Kev - done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 KENNYPILGRIM

BIG SHOUT TO THE SUBURBAN SOUNDS CREW. Thanks for havin me over. Really lookin forward to the gig. Been along time since I played old skool in Dublin. Look forward to seeing you all and lets make it a night to remember!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

What would you expecting to hear at a Dublin Old Skool Night ?out:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

was just talkin 2 dj pilgrim last night and was deeply disapointed it wasn't the oldskool legend himself that was actually playin. think people are gonna have to copywrite their dj names in future, stop this kind of mix up.
    pilgrim from wolverhampton is the dogs ball**, don't know this other guy but still gonna go see how he compares 2 the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KEN.G

es-cee wrote: »
    was just talkin 2 dj pilgrim last night and was deeply disapointed it wasn't the oldskool legend himself that was actually playin. think people are gonna have to copywrite their dj names in future, stop this kind of mix up.
    pilgrim from wolverhampton is the dogs ball**, don't know this other guy but still gonna go see how he compares 2 the man.

No deception intended es-cee. Our Dublin Pilgrim has supported Altern 8 so many times over here and we thought most People knew him from the boards and local radio but you can be guaranteed of a top notch set from our Pilgrim. Hope you can make it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

No deception intended es-cee. Our Dublin Pilgrim has supported Altern 8 so many times over here and we thought most People knew him from the boards and local radio but you can be guaranteed of a top notch set from our Pilgrim. Hope you can make it down.

deffo goin lad, was talkin 2 him last night and with the hardcore he's playin theres no way im missin it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

looking forward to this 1,i will be banging out classics from the ormond and the temple :D:D hope you all have your danceing shoes tuned!!

REJUVENATION 30 MIN PROMO MIX

RHYTHM SECTION - FELL THE RHYTHM

PRODIGY - ANDROID

DJ RAP - DIVINE RHYTHM

DECKTITION - BRING THE NOISE

SY - KICK - NASTY REMIX

XRAY XPERIMENTS - ROUND & ROUND

PRODIGY - RUFF IN THE JUNGLE BIZZ

FORCE MASS MOTION - FORCE FORMAT

SL2 - WAY IN MY BRAIN ( REMIX )

ENJOY!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gygwyjlnhyz

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Can't wait for this! I think both rooms will pull their fair share. Altern 8 are the biggest name but the Last Night of The Ormond tapes are the biggest selling tapes in the history of Irish dance music so a lot of people will be out for that too. Hope both rooms are jammed.

DEVOTION wrote: »
    Can't wait for this! I think both rooms will pull their fair share. Altern 8 are the biggest name but the Last Night of The Ormond tapes are the biggest selling tapes in the history of Irish dance music so a lot of people will be out for that too. Hope both rooms are jammed.

Ye your right Devo. A very strong and diverse lineup in both rooms. It will be very interesting to see how it goes on the night !!

THIS FRIDAY @ THE VAULTS | FANCY DRESS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

raging I won't get to go in and see all the possé... Have a blast lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

sorry i cant go to this one but can only afford to got to one nite :mad: hope its a good one the last time i seen altern-8 and pilgrim it was exelent thx for the mix kenny im sorry i wont make it in tp say hello as its been awhile

• Advertisement

been a long time mate. Hope alls good. Lookin forward to coming back to dublin and spinnin the old skool.

Advertisement