Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxfresh's Betting System

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

I know you've more cop on and respect for other punters than to be knocking them, but when a few people start to gather and ask questions well you know yourself, the proverbial onslaught usually ensues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

wb wrote: »
    Ah no, I'm not knocking the guy.

But I do worry when people start talking about a 9% ROI etc and I'm wondering if they understand the term fully. Of course it's going to show a positive ROI if you work out the ROI following a successful bet! But how about working out ROI in the middle of a losing run?

Boxfresh, I'm not trying to moan about what you are doing - just saying be careful with loss-chasing and the readers of the thread should be too.

My understanding of ROI (return on investment) is quite simple. I take all the money invested, add it up, and work out the return that I then convert to a percentage. If there is some other way of doing it please let me know.
    There is a big difference between this and Roulette. In Roulette you are betting at even money when the odds are against you 19/18. In Boxfreshs system the odds on element gives a much better strike rate. In horse racing for example 74% of favourites priced at 1/2 and worse win. I imagine football is much the same. Boxfresh has a strike rate in line with what you would expect at almost 71%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

But my point is that you cannot work out ROI on something like this.

You are choosing to work out the ROI after each successful bet. If we worked it out after each bet (including the losing bets) most times the ROI would be negative.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking his selections - indeed, he's had some good bets. But I'd suggest that if they are profitable to level stakes, there are safer ways to go about making money from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Sorry guys I haven't got time to reply to all your comments cos I'm at work but I'll try and get to them this evening. You might see me online all the time but that's cos I'm always logged on when using boards.ie on my mobile and peeking in from time to time.

At the start of this thread I think I said somewhere that if I was to reach a series of 6 bets that I would call that a fail. I also said that I was using virtual money but I am actually doing these bets with much smaller stakes.

I initially started this thread to test out this system. I seen it somewhere else where the guy made €600 profit in 3 or 4 months. I'm aiming for €500 but it's working out alot slower for me! Hope that answer some questions.

That answers my questions perfectly Boxfresh - thanks, and best of luck.

• Advertisement

But my point is that you cannot work out ROI on something like this.

You are choosing to work out the ROI after each successful bet. If we worked it out after each bet (including the losing bets) most times the ROI would be negative.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking his selections - indeed, he's had some good bets. But I'd suggest that if they are profitable to level stakes, there are safer ways to go about making money from them.

I dont understand what you mean by that. All the sites that track tipsters work out ROI the same way I do. They dont work it on each individual bet. If they did that how would they come up with an ROI figure?
    So far he has invested 540 and made a profit of 49. I make that an ROI 8.32%. If I had 29 different ROI figures, one for each bet, it would be meaningless.

Yes, you are correct in how you calculate ROI - but my point is that you worked it out after a winning sequence.

Let's say he hits a losing run now and his next stake is more than the 49 profit...

Then, that bet loses. If you work out the ROI at that point, it would be negative.

My point is that you are waiting until the end of each sequence to work out the ROI.

That's why ROI is meaningless on loss-chasing. I'm not quibbling with the figures.

Yes, you are correct in how you calculate ROI - but my point is that you worked it out after a winning sequence.

Let's say he hits a losing run now and his next stake is more than the 49 profit...

Then, that bet loses. If you work out the ROI at that point, it would be negative.

My point is that you are waiting until the end of each sequence to work out the ROI.

That's why ROI is meaningless on loss-chasing. I'm not quibbling with the figures.

I worked it out on all the information that was available. He had 29 bets in total. I didnt wait till he had a winner. There is no other way of doing it.

Bet 1: €10 England half time/full time @ 1.63

Net profit €39.33 +€10 in play

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Bet 1: €10 England half time/full time @ 1.63

Net profit €39.33 +€10 in play

Early goal. Good luck.

• Advertisement

Bet 1: €10 England half time/full time @ 1.63 WIN €15.99

Net profit €55.32

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Nice net profit, especially these days!

Ive been thinking about this Box. The main problem seems to be that you cant have enough bets to make it really profitable, mainly because you have to wait for each result before you can place the next bet. At the minute its working out an average of about 1.90 profit per bet, but its difficult to get more than about 10 bets a week if that, and its only 19 euro on average per week profit at best. I reckon you should expand to include all odds on chances in all other sports. The percentage of them that win works out much the same as the football bets.

He could try racing but as everyone knows, the bookmaker over-round is hard to beat.

Here's some interesting stats for UK and IRE racing - not sure how football would compare.

Since 2003, there has been 10269 horses priced between 1/2 and even money. 5362 of these won (52.22%) and a level stakes loss of 795.13 points was incurred.

There were twelve winners in a row on two occasions
    There were ten winners in a row on three occasions
    There were eight winners in a row on 18 occassions

There were twelve losers in a row on one occasion
    There were eight losers in a row on ten occasions
    There were six losers in a row on 38 occasions

Sorry Boxfresh - going off topic here but just found the racing stats interesting.

He could try racing but as everyone knows, the bookmaker over-round is hard to beat.

I think he said he was doing this on Betfair?

Here's some interesting stats for UK and IRE racing - not sure how football would compare.

Since 2003, there has been 10269 horses priced between 1/2 and even money. 5362 of these won (52.22%) and a level stakes loss of 795.13 points was incurred.

There were twelve winners in a row on two occasions
    There were ten winners in a row on three occasions
    There were eight winners in a row on 18 occassions

There were twelve losers in a row on one occasion
    There were eight losers in a row on ten occasions
    There were six losers in a row on 38 occasions

Sorry Boxfresh - going off topic here but just found the racing stats interesting.

Interesting stuff wb. 6 losers in a row would wipe me out and I see it happened on 38 occasions there which seems like quite alot. It would be interesting to see what these stats would be like in football.
    No doubt I will hit losing streaks in this system but with a few decent bets and if I put a bit of thought into the bets I do, I'll try and limit that losing streak.

I don't go near the horses anymore anyway. With football you've got win lose or draw - 3 choices. Or the over/unders market - 2 choices. Your either right or wrong. In horse racing you've got anything from 5 to 20 choices which makes it more difficult.

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    I think he said he was doing this on Betfair?

Yeah, Betfair all they way.

Favourite

Outcome
    Return

Bets
    Win
    Place
    Win
    E/W
    Less than 1-2
    75%
    87%
    99%
    99%

Less that 1/2 with 75% Strike rate might work. Even if you backed the all.

Ah yes I see he's using Betfair but just saying the data is for traditional SP.

It's hard to data mine the Betfair data as yet (which is a shame).

Bet 1: €10 Snooker - Ronnie O Sullivan to beat Shaun Murphy @ 1.84

Net profit €45.32 + €10 in play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Bet 1: €10 Snooker - Ronnie O Sullivan to beat Shaun Murphy @ 1.84

Net profit €45.32 + €10 in play
    Good luck with that, I was thinking of the same following Ronnie's public apology and lashing of his latest permformance when he threw away the 3-1 lead, he's going to be out for blood now. I think I'm going to avoid to it personally, but hope it comes in for ya! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nicely done, he took a 3-0 lead, pegged back to 3-2, and then won the last frame. 4-2 overall. Good call.

Bet 1: €10 Snooker - Ronnie O Sullivan to beat Shaun Murphy @ 1.84 WIN €17.98

Net profit €63.30

Box. I have an idea to increase your profits. At the minute the total bank you have allowed is
    10+20+40+80+160+320 Total 630 If you changed your staking system to..
    20+40+60+80+160+270 Total 630.

Same amount of money at risk, but the advantage is your first 3 bets are significantly more that at present........ your 4th and 5th bet is the same and your last bet is only reduced by 50 points if it ever did go pear shaped. I think this staking system might increase you profits significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Box. I have an idea to increase your profits. At the minute the total bank you have allowed is
    10+20+40+80+160+320 Total 630 If you changed your staking system to..
    20+40+60+80+160+270 Total 630.

Same amount of money at risk, but the advantage is your first 3 bets are significantly more that at present........ your 4th and 5th bet is the same and your last bet is only reduced by 50 points if it ever did go pear shaped. I think this staking system might increase you profits significantly.

Sure, run over his bets with that system and see what he would be at now.

I dont have time just now, but most of his bets have been 10 or 20 with a few 40 bets and that is showing a profit. If they were all 20 and 40 bets with a few 60's Its almost certain to nearly double his profit on what he has done up to now.

Bet 1: €10 DOUBLE: Arsenal to beat Birmingham & Everton to beat Wolves @ 1.7 LOSE

Net profit €53.30

Bet 1: €10 DOUBLE: Arsenal to beat Birmingham & Everton to beat Wolves @ 1.7 LOSE
    Bet 2: €20 Man City to beat Wigan @ 1.96 LOSE

Net profit €33.30

Its hard enough Box without doing doubles.

• Advertisement

Its hard enough Box without doing doubles.

That's true. I was going to do Everton alone on that one so I thought I'd stick Arsenal on aswell. I seen Arsenal as a guaranteed win, which they did. I'll stick with the singles from now on though ;)

Advertisement