Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trials hd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Have a look at how the tracks are done on the leaderboards or on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Have a look at how the tracks are done on the leaderboards or on youtube

can you watch others doing the tracks from the leaderboard in the game ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

go to the track or skill game leaderboard and switch over to 'overall' then select a time and press y to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

go to the track or skill game leaderboard and switch over to 'overall' then select a time and press y to view.

Have to agree, extremely impressive feature in the game. Instant replays, helps a lot when you think an obstacle is simply impossible and the creator is just a bastard, that others can breeze by something that you've tried hundreds of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

done! finally finished all the extreme levels. was going to break the bloody pad on inferno II. that bit with the two consecutive panels of wood at about 70 degrees nealry had me in tears. and the very last jump before the swinging things, I made it first go thinking "ah great the end" and got smashed. then it took me about another 50 goes to get over again,

Dont think I have been more happy about seeing "achievement unlocked" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm really tempted to get this game but I've a very short temper and I'm afraid it'll frustrate the hell out of me. I've broken a few Playstation controllers in my time due to rages at games, so I'm afraid I'll be heading down town to buy new Xbox controllers if I buy it.

If anyone's played Splosion Man how does Trials HD compare in terms of frustration? I found Splosion Man fine, due to the generous checkpoints, does Trials HD have a frustration-limiting checkpoint system? I don't mind doing the same thing over and over until I complete it I just don't want to have to do it again two mintues later when I come up against another impossible hurdle!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The checkpoints are very good in Trials HD. They become more spaced out on later levels though, with more to do in between, but it's just a button press to reset.

Not played 'Splosion Man, so I can't compare. Trials HD is one of the most frustrating games I've played, but it's still doable...eventually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Trials HD is one of the most frustrating games I've played

but there is great satisfaction when you actually complete the track.

At the minute Im trying to get platinum medals on the beginner tracks - Im .008 of a second off getting platinum - how fcking frustrating is that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

The checkpoints are very good in Trials HD. They become more spaced out on later levels though, with more to do in between, but it's just a button press to reset.

Not played 'Splosion Man, so I can't compare. Trials HD is one of the most frustrating games I've played, but it's still doable...eventually :D

Ah cool thanks, sounds good. Splosion man could be frustrating at times, especially in the later level, but never so much that i wanted to throw the controller at or through something! There was usually a checkpoint right before a particularily tricky section and levels were never too long anyway so I didn't mind attempting the same section for the 30th time! Sounds like Trials HD has a similar set up so I think I'll give it a whirl. I played the demo and really liked it.

Splosion Man is great by the way, you should check it out. It's only 800 points I think. Friends leaderboards in it too so keeps the competitive juices flowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I added a bunch of you guys on here. I need the competition. I'm pwning Mr.E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

voxpop wrote: »
    How does anyone get anywhere on the Hard or Extreme tracks ? There are these impossible obstacles that just point straight up or jumps that are just too wide with explosives under them.

@eirtec - managed to pip you on king of the hill :) and who is julez13 and how are you getting those times!!
    I was top of my list for ages now there's two ahead of me.:D I gave the Tournaments a go the other day, the last one took ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

voxpop wrote: »
    and who is julez13 and how are you getting those times!!

Ha, thanks for the shout out! Yeah, there was one or two I looked at replays to see a certain technique. Once you finish the expert levels the game just kinda clicks with you. Now when I go back to the other levels I find some of the things I struggled on previously seem a lot easier now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 B.Cause

Does anyone have any decent custom tracks? No-one on my friends list has any interest in making any and as addictive as they are, the original tracks get a bit boring.

it's a real shame there's no way to download tracks except from friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Some great tracks to be seen here. Would love to be able try some of them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hey all, isis game worth 1200 points? tried the demo and liked it but doesnt show much scope tbh. anyone tellme how much game you get for 1200 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

completely worth it, there is quite a bit in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

hey all, isis game worth 1200 points? tried the demo and liked it but doesnt show much scope tbh. anyone tellme how much game you get for 1200 points?

One of my top games of the year. Can't get enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This game will be the death of me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I wouldn't mind some new tracks or Trials HD 2. Great game though.

• Advertisement

new tracks were released today

25 races 12 skill games

played a few so far, the extremes are delightfully curse inducing but medium and hard are pretty fun as well.
    great value at 400 points

• Everyone who has trials should get this new DLC. Of course, everyone who doesn't have trials should get trials. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Deffo worth it, I just wish I had the patience to build a track.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Got this game earlier today and am hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

got it the other day, amazing game, so much fun... anyone on here made any courses????

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

i played the demo in the xbox and was blown away, its bloody tricky but its great fun and looks fantastic.

I got the PC version in the steam sale for about 2.50 euro it doesnt feel as slick as the Xbox 360 version but its still great. A real gem of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Anybody here wanna share gamertags to compete on the leaderboards? Its probably the best thing about the game trying to beat scores! I play it every day!

Going for the endurance achievement.. have finished all the tracks with 3 bloody faults

I'm going to start building tracks as well..

gamertag is daz0rz

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

Great game. So so addictive. Add me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Anyone know if it's possible to delete all achievements/scores and start again?

I've been quite happily lumbering along, making my way through the Beginner/Easy/Medium stuff with an occasional foray into Hard. Extreme level for me is a matter of looking at the world Leaderboards videos. :D

However, over the Christmas, a certain youthful relative of mine loaded up my profile rather than the 'Everyone Else' one (created for just this purpose), and proceeded to romp through most of the Hard and a few of the Extreme levels, along with wiping out my existing times on the easier stuff.

That's fine and dandy, and it's certainly interesting to see the achievements and all, but I didn't earn them and I don't really want them.
    Put it this way: for me to now achieve a score on a Hard level, I'm going to have to do a fast Gold run; this is most unlikely to happen. :D

So, can I delete everything and start again, ideally without having to download the game again, and more importantly, without having to buy it again?

I see a 'Delete Game' option in there somewhere, but I'm loathe to use it without knowing the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

after selecting the delete game option, you'll get another set asking if you want to delete game only, or game and achievements. Go with game and achievements. You'll then have to redownload the game again.

Advertisement