Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

They are getting rid of indestructable :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,779 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

bush wrote: »

Thank fuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thank fuck.

Woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Who's the say its replacement will be any better? Maybe Exile have a new song...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

lol good point but I think they might try and move a bit away from the cheesy high pitched flamboyantness of the last game looking how they've changed the announcer.

Although the new one still seems to bull**** during the game. (if fact that's all we've heard so far, him commenting when the super/ultra meter fills) I won't know if I like him or not till I hear KO round 1, bla bla wins etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

But....but, what about the old axioms?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

**** T-Hawk, bring back Indestructable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Thanks for that very important update Yreval, I was unsure weather to purchase SSF IV or not but now I am certainly buying it.

Glad to be of service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yreval wrote: »

this is very soulcalibur-esque!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

#Initially, her bust was listed at 75 cm or about 30 inches. Her newly edited bust size is now 83 cm or about 33 inches. And like that, she has larger breasts.#

****ing Win!!!!
    Well done Capcom... :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

"Now that's what I call an expansion!"- from the comments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I was watching over the Juri playing.. and Im jus in awhh.. Want :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Indestructable sucked tbh.
    i wonder will they give each char a new super combo.. hmmm..
    like give ryu the super hurricane kick or akuma the super air hado-ken.
    like in loads of the other games. i hope they dont change the gameplay too much,
    and i want shin akuma back too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So if Juri has fireballs... and dive kicks... and an Ultra where I can say "Good Night, sugar!"
    Yeah, I have a new main.
    Sorry, emo-boy & Dee-Jay!

I must be blind, I didn't see fireballs at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

No new backgrounds I see :(

This kind of crap makes Bad Companies DLC look good. I'm going to have to pay full price for the same game which effectively only has the equivalent of an expansion pack included, and no doubt they'll make everyone pay again if they want the additional costumes.

If I decide to stick with SFIV, will I be able to play people using SSFIV?

L31mr0d wrote: »

Nope. SSFIV and original SSIV are not compatable.
    So there will be two player bases when the new game launches/

Capcom have said that this will be a budget-price release.

Further reading: http://www.destructoid.com/guide-how-to-stfu-about-super-street-fighter-iv-150353.phtml

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I must be blind, I didn't see fireballs at any stage?

In the video interview you can see Juri "kicking" out angled foreballs in the background, similar to Goukens.

Video is here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

L31mr0d wrote: »
    No new backgrounds I see :(

This kind of crap makes Bad Companies DLC look good. I'm going to have to pay full price for the same game which effectively only has the equivalent of an expansion pack included, and no doubt they'll make everyone pay again if they want the additional costumes.

It's not going to be full price and it's not the same game. Not only do you have the new characters but you will have a rebalancing of the current cast.

Personally I'd pay the full price just to see what they do to Sagat. I hope they don't go too mad with the nerfbat, just tone him down a little.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Terry changes char :p

Ah, I didn't see that one. Thanks A-Trak :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

A-Trak wrote: »
    Video is here

She also seems to have a crazy large hitbox on her focus attack. Yuri definitely looks very interesting. Might finally have a candidate for my second character. Guiles flashkick, Goukens fireballs, Akumas dive kick... sold :D

He also said that there would be 8 new characters. Do we have the full character list for SSFIV yet? Deejay, T-Hawk, Yuri... do we know about any others?

I'm more than likely going to get the next game, as I'm sure everyone on here will be getting it and then drop the old SFIV like a wet rag, leaving me to play all the 30 second rounds in ranked mode against achievement whore Giefs. No thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Is it just me or did she do a dive kick into ultra at 1.03?! Seems a bit easy. That would be like round-housing into ultra....oh wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The heavy rumours are Makoto, Ibuki, Dudley, Adon, Guy and Cody.

That would make nine new characters. Cody is a crap character though so hopefully he gets dropped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,779 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Adon is just a rumour so far, perhaps he might be included if his character works out in time.

Juri also has a nice jumping overhead giving her a nice mix up game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

animaX wrote: »
    Is it just me or did she do a dive kick into ultra at 1.03?! Seems a bit easy. That would be like round-housing into ultra....oh wait..

Dive kick to Ultra works in the corner. She tries to do it in the middle of the screen in that video and it whiffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The heavy rumours are Makoto, Ibuki, Dudley, Adon, Guy and Cody.

That would make nine new characters. Cody is a crap character though so hopefully he gets dropped.

Isnt there a new wrestler too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Isnt there a new wrestler too?

Yup. An arabian oil obessed wrestler. Hopefully he'll be a charge char as so far it looks like charge characters are being binned :(

Advertisement