Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Placebo wrote: »
    no they are not.

Why do you say that?

I think having build up double the meter for an ultra would be a lot better than any other option for having multiple ultras (selection before match or both available at all times). Having said that I would think that the second level would be the current level of power/damage. Also the ultra meter would not dissipate after a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

HMUYA wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

I think having build up double the meter for an ultra would be a lot better than any other option for having multiple ultras (selection before match or both available at all times). Having said that I would think that the second level would be the current level of power/damage. Also the ultra meter would not dissipate after a round.

Firstly, they aren't some fuzzy cam of a tv from 10 feet away.

Secondly, the graphical quality of the new characters seems top notch. The textures seem similar to the established cast, the colour depth, the perspective, it all seems to fit. If this is fake, serious work went into it and I would tip my hat.

I highly doubt it's fake.

I don't think they are actually photoshopped, I was extracting the urine.

Placebo quoted me about my ultra comment so I assumed that's what he had issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

oops thought you meant the image in full

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

French site seems to be down. Kotaku have the pics up as well http://kotaku.com/5369357/are-these-super-street-fighter-iv-screens/gallery/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Kirby wrote: »
    Firstly, they aren't some fuzzy cam of a tv from 10 feet away.

Secondly, the graphical quality of the new characters seems top notch. The textures seem similar to the established cast, the colour depth, the perspective, it all seems to fit. If this is fake, serious work went into it and I would tip my hat.

I highly doubt it's fake.

I agree,those are definately Hawks moves too(st RH and the dive).Juri looks cool.Hopefully they go down the route of adding just Hawk and Deejay and a couple of new characters.I'm not against the idea of 3s characters but too many could dilute the game too much.

What I'd really like to see too is the game getting a serious speed boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

HMUYA wrote: »

Also the ultra meter would not dissipate after a round.

God I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is this going to be DLC or is it a new game entirely? Its a bit annoying to see them start on a new street fighter game already with the last one only out.

I wish theyd release dlc where we could have specific player stages with their old music like it used to be instead of the crap they have in it now. I never in my life had to turn a game down as much as I do with street fighters "indestructable nobodys ever gunna break me down" or whatever that fella says...

And if this is a new game its going to make it even harder to find a championship match online.:(

I reckon it will be a new disc. Remember the arcade version has been out quite awhile in Japan, so I imagine this new iteration will be new arcade cabinets in a few months, and then a new console version sometimes after that. I reckon near the same date as the original release.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rynaldo

Awesome game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Of course it'll be a new disc

French website leaked screenshots, is now down but someone compiled them into a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYhIbr9AWO0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

It'll be a new game, without a doubt. Sure, if all that new gameplay stuff is true then it'll be a quite different game to SF4. It must be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just think how differently each version of SF3 was and how different SF2CE and SSF2T is.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Have to say that I do like the look of Juri. If we do indeed get the full shabang of characters rumoured, It's gonna be a lot of fun learning them :) While they may be old characters, SFIV plays differently so leave your ST and 3S pants at home! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

But how will SSFIV play eh? ;)

Btw if anyone actually clicked on that dudley pic I posted they'd have got the joke :p

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Well its pretty obvious SSFIV will be made and such..

Look on inside Xbox.. the Tokyo Game thing that went on there about a week ago, the host said that he was talking to Capcom... and all he got fro Capco was

"Where workin on something Super Secret...."

Images already leaked n so... Pretty obvious what it is.

There's your Maximum :pac:

Clicky for bigger images.

7w5tqq6i9gpks28mn9mo.jpg
    jyfsqukvcz3876u8o8ep.jpg
    ww2owqdin5y72m0neif8.jpg

http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6230545/

Interview with the producer. Some footage of T Hawk v Juri in the background. This might be the annoucement they promised? Hopefully more info is still to come if its not!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Loads of info in that interview. Confirmed a new disc, but cheaper price, and something special for people who already have the first game (only thing I can think of though would be more costumes).

"Looking at around 8ish new characters.....they will almost all be ones that fans wanted" so seems they don't even know which characters exactly they are putting in. Also saying that they're looking at more things fans wanted with regarding to everything, online and gameplay. So more than likely HDRemix style lobbies and possibly a faster gameplay style?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Seth killian is the person playing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

my problem is if the game system changes then thats all sf4 practice gone.
    very excited all the same obviously, dont like deejay or thawk.
    wouldnt mind guy, chaps had no break since alpha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jim wrote: »
    "Looking at around 8ish new characters.....they will almost all be ones that fans wanted" so seems they don't even know which characters exactly they are putting in. Also saying that they're looking at more things fans wanted with regarding to everything, online and gameplay. So more than likely HDRemix style lobbies and possibly a faster gameplay style?

I'd say there will be 8 new characters for the arcade with some console exclusives again when it gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Capcom suggested that there'll be some sort of reward for players who have both the original SFIV and the Super version...so I'm intrigued!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

****ty costume pack or something probably

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    ****ty costume pack or something probably
    Aye, can't really think of anything else they could give without it being a disadvantage to players who don't have the original. I don't mind costumes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is anyone else a bit pissed off at this releasing a new version already....I know its done with the likes of Fifa but I thought Street Fighter 4 would be THE game for at least a few years,with so many people taking it serious and learning the game.

• Advertisement

Eventhubs has rumours : http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/sep/24/rumors-more-street-fighter-4-upgrade-notes/
    • The previously leaked characters are all said to be in the game. Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody and Guy. The new characters are rumored to be:
      • Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
      • Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.
    • All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.
      • It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.
      • Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.
      • All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.
    • Some characters will have Air Ultras.
    • The Bonus Stages will be returning.
    • This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.
    • An official announcement is said to be coming at the Tokyo Game Show and on the Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog soon.
    • Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).
    • Ibuki has a run command.
    • Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
    • Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.
    • Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.
    • Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
    • Guy has his Chain combos.
    • Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.
    • Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.
    • The game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.
    • Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.
    • T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.
    • Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.
    • There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.
    • The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken.

Advertisement