Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Week 1

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Missed the game last night, another gut wrenching loss to the chargers, ugh. :( Last season we we're winning until the 4th in our first 4 games of the season only to lose them all, I can't take these narrow loses. Oh and afaik ruling out the TD is the right call, he needs to maintain possession when he hits the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Missed the game last night, another gut wrenching loss to the chargers, ugh. :( Last season we we're winning until the 4th in our first 4 games of the season only to lose them all, I can't take these narrow loses. Oh and afaik ruling out the TD is the right call, he needs to maintain possession when he hits the ground.
    I just have to wonder about this endzone rule.

I mean is it not(or should it not) be the same as in the field of play? If the guy is in possession when his knee hits the ground then the play is over, but for some reason its different in the endzone. It just sounds ridiculous to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Different rules apply to the Raiders, because God hates the Raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just have to wonder about this endzone rule.

I mean is it not(or should it not) be the same as in the field of play? If the guy is in possession when his knee hits the ground then the play is over, but for some reason its different in the endzone. It just sounds ridiculous to me.

Its not an endzone only rule, Basically if you catch the ball and your off the ground, you must maintain control of the ball until the play is over. Thats why you often see fumble recovery's from pass plays ruled as incomplete passes. Sure its tough when your on the wrong end of it, but it is the rule.

Regards
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I'm with u. That was a BS call and I am a Charger fan. Ur D played a gr8 game. Really like Johnson ur corner opposite 21.

We'll be alright all u naysayers, time to circle the wagons and shake off the rust. Watch out Baltimore.

He was excellent all last season when we got rid of D. Fall. I expect him to have another very solid year, only remember one blunder when he mis-read a play against you're lot last year and Jackson(I think it i was him) burnt him badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

that bs call just cost us our first openning day w in 6 years.
    Leslie91 wrote: »
    I'm with u. That was a BS call and I am a Charger fan. Ur D played a gr8 game. Really like Johnson ur corner opposite 21.

We'll be alright all u naysayers, time to circle the wagons and shake off the rust. Watch out Baltimore.
    Karlusss wrote: »
    Different rules apply to the Raiders, because God hates the Raiders.

For those who think it should have been a touchdown, the chief of the nfl referees explains the situation very very well here on nfl.com

He also blames the TV for not explaining the rule very well.

Regards
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It's such a pedantic way of deciding the outcome of a game though. Rules are rules, however arbitrary they may be, but spending three or four minutes trying to find a way of disallowing a TD, that every one of the millions of people watching instantly believed was a score, is not one of the sport's most shining attributes.

I'm a fan of Rugby, and every time i see a close try sent to the video ref, I'm reminded of all the 50/50 tries from the past that may or may not have been. And I'm glad they weren't disallowed after a 5 minute wait.
    And what really ticks me off is that half the time i can't even cheer when the guy crosses the line. I have to wait for a man with a whistle to stick his hand in the air.

That decision the other night, right or wrong, did nothing for the game, IMO. It just took away from it.

Sorry to be such a purist :pac:

Advertisement