Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Week 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Wonder what was a more heartbreaking loss for the Bills the Cowboys game a few years back or this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Yes! Pats win.

Delighted we got the good start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

That was a great stream, yeah, thanks for the link.

The Bills just can't catch a break, can they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

I love all that crazy stuff at the end. Cal v Stanford as the commentator said!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

They didn't deserve that win, stupid, stupid return man.

Oh well, Raiders - Chargers now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

It was ugly, but Brady showed why he's one of the top two QB's in the league.

Ugly, but I'll take it.

Now time to fix the D.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    They didn't deserve that win, stupid, stupid return man.

Oh well, Raiders - Chargers now.

Brady and the offense deserved it. Brady completes 39 balls, Moss & Welker get 12 balls and the running game does well. Brady leads the comeback twice in the last few minutes. Fair play I say, despite being a Patriots fan, IMO.

Isn't everyone a Pats fan? :o

Isn't everyone a Pats fan? :o

Not all of us are. :P

The raiders are looking good!! Bush and run DMC running hard! Wasnt the knock on McFadden coming out that he didnt keep his legs going and fall forward when hit? Well hes doing it so far tonight!

And as i was writing this sproles nearly returns a kick!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

what a bull**** call from the officials. i hope the nfl is ashamed. robbing Murphy of his first TD as a pro, disgraceful.

what a bull**** call from the officials. i hope the nfl is ashamed. robbing Murphy of his first TD as a pro, disgraceful.

It wasn't a catch :confused:.

Stupid commentary said it was, but it clearly wasn't. You have to keep possession all the way through the catch, the ball clearly popped out soon after he hit the ground. Even I know that :eek:.

Ya that was bs. A few bad calls tonight between the 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta agree there about the call by the officials. Not only had he both feet down but he had a knee on the ground before he lost possession. I don't for the life of me know how thats not a touchdown.

Anyways Raiders D looks good. On Offense I don't understand why they are using Russell so much when they were having so much success on the ground.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Gotta agree there about the call by the officials. Not only had he both feet down but he had a knee on the ground before he lost possession. I don't for the life of me know how thats not a touchdown.

The same thing happened last year during the Bears - Saints game. He felt contact before he had both feet down which means he has to keep possession throughout the play which he didn't. Although it's 5am so I may be wrong but that's what the rule was last year. My bad if I am wrong.

I really dont like Phillip Rivers! hes such a mouthy little c##t!

The chargers look terrible. I heard Michael Lombardi talk about a theory that when a bad coach takes over a good team it doesnt really fall apart until year three.

Norv Turners first year was good 11-5. The next year some bad habits start to creep in and they struggle to 8-8. And now in year 3 so far they look very bad for the talent they have. I know its only 3/4 of a game into the season but there could be some merit to that theory.

Hynzie wrote: »
    I really dont like Phillip Rivers! hes such a mouthy little c##t!

Agree 100%. Hate the guy.

HAHAHA!!!

Raiders TD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Go Raiders! :)

that bs call just cost us our first openning day w in 6 years.

• Advertisement

both games were much closer than expected.

Patriots needed a bit of luck to win but they were probably the better team on the night. The chargers though needed some crappy prevent D from a pesky but vanilla raider team to win. If I were a charger fan id be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Dont like the team but love the raiders commentator "Touchdown Raaaiiiiddddeeerrrsss" has to go down as one of the best calls in football.

Unfortunately the call on a no touchdown was the correct one raiders fans, as tough as it is to take.

I think the patriots had to use two get outta jail free cards today, as usual Brady and the usual suspects played well, but the bills have to be kicking themselves.

Regards
    Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Understand why all the pats fans on this thread are happy with the win, a real escape, and Brady was generally impressive. But you were lucky! A one-point win in the last minute, at home, and against the Bills! The Bills! Not Pittsburg, or the Giants or Minnesota, not even Indy or New Orleans, it was against the Bills, and without Marshawn Lynch.

We heard a lot of hype before the season about the Pats and how they were going to dominate, I wouldn't be so sure now if I was a New England fan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Karlusss wrote: »
    That was a great stream, yeah, thanks for the link.

The Bills just can't catch a break, can they?
    Apparently not.

Unfortunately the call on a no touchdown was the correct one raiders fans, as tough as it is to take.

No, it wasn't. Murphy catches the ball plants 2 feet, comes down elbow hits the ground thats it Touchdown. Then he drops the ball. As steve young pointed out in commentary just because the ball moves doesnt mean he has lost possession. it was just another bogus call conveinently called against the Raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

No, it wasn't. Murphy catches the ball plants 2 feet, comes down elbow hits the ground thats it Touchdown. Then he drops the ball. As steve young pointed out in commentary just because the ball moves doesnt mean he has lost possession. it was just another bogus call conveinently called against the Raiders.
    I'm with u. That was a BS call and I am a Charger fan. Ur D played a gr8 game. Really like Johnson ur corner opposite 21.

We'll be alright all u naysayers, time to circle the wagons and shake off the rust. Watch out Baltimore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Agree 100%. Hate the guy.

Eat it lads.

Philip Rivers is clutch. Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Great win/lucky escape for the Pats...Tom you are a legend.

Not to take away from a great game but i thought those two roughing the passer calls on Wilfork and Thomas were absolute BS.

Wilfork tackled Edwards the millisecond the ball left his hand. It was probably the safest tackle you could make on a QB. Low wrap around the ankles tackle, which knocked Edwards gently onto his ass...compare that to Pollard's tackle on Brady last year, helmet into the knee as Brady stepped into the throw. Im not saying Pollards hit was dirty but it was dangerous.

The Thomas call was ridiculous. Thomas had two hands on Edwards around his waist, which meant the only way to stop him from throwing it away for an incompletion was to drag him to the ground...see Eli on the miracle superbowl throw from two years ago. Watch the tape, Thomas had already begun the motion to throw Edwards to the ground when the whistle was blown. Thomas swung his bodyweight and had two feet off the ground when the whistle was blown. All he could have done in this split second was hopefully release the QB as he was swinging around and send himself flying to the ground with no resistence but that would mean he would have to hurt himself to stop.

This is football not soccer...neither tackle injured or even hurt Edwards...i seriously hope this isent what its going to be like for the rest of the season because its going to stop defenses being aggresive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I disagree, I think everyone in the world including Adalius Thomas knew that he shouldn't have slammed him to the ground. It wouldn't have been called if he just threw him down to let him know he was there... Wilfork call was soft, but there'd clearly been some quarterback-protecting directions given to the officials to protect Brady for future MNF ratings purposes.

As for Rivers - clutch on a team as talented as that means Superbowl. The window's short, let's see him do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

It can be summed up in 6 words "All the way to the ground". He wasn't in control all the way to the ground and then he dropped it, No Touchdown.

Also I wouldn't blame the dodgy call, I'd plame your defence for letting sproles through completely untouched for the final TD, i dont think they got a finger on him from 7yards!

Advertisement