Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1

• 10-09-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Reckon that they are only five games this weekend that are really in serious doubt as to the result, and they are the following....

Tennessee at Pittsburg...hard to back against the home team, but the Titans will give them a fright..

Miami at Atlanta....Miami have a chance but I can see Atlanta winning fairly easily..

Bizarrely, Cinncinatti hosting Denver...and I reckon the Bengals will do it here, the Broncos are in a mess.

The Jets at Houston is a toss up, I think the Jets may just squeak it if Sanchez can stay calm...

And the real tough one to call, the Eagles at Carolina. Toss a coin, I can't call this one..

Anyone think there is any real doubt about any other matchup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Eagles all the way. Carolina are in a bit of a mess too. Don't think the Jets will win. Sanchez will be having nighmares about Mario

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

evil_seed wrote: »
    Sanchez will be having nighmares about Mario

lol that could be funny - lets hope he read Peter Kings column on monday when he interviewed Carson Palmer:

"Guys are getting so big, so fast, so explosive,'' Palmer said. "The game's so violent. Now that they're cutting out the wedge deal on kickoff returns, those guys [are] coming free, and at some point somebody is going to die in football. And I hope it's not anyone at this table, and I hope it doesn't happen, obviously. Everyone talks about the good old days, when guys were tough and quarterbacks got crushed all the time, but back in the day, there weren't defensive ends that were Mario Williams -- 6-7, 300 pounds, 10 percent body fat, running a 4.7 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

fisgon wrote: »
    Reckon that they are only five games this weekend that are really in serious doubt as to the result, and they are the following....

Tennessee at Pittsburg...hard to back against the home team, but the Titans will give them a fright..

Miami at Atlanta....Miami have a chance but I can see Atlanta winning fairly easily..

Bizarrely, Cinncinatti hosting Denver...and I reckon the Bengals will do it here, the Broncos are in a mess.

The Jets at Houston is a toss up, I think the Jets may just squeak it if Sanchez can stay calm...

And the real tough one to call, the Eagles at Carolina. Toss a coin, I can't call this one..

Anyone think there is any real doubt about any other matchup?

I'd include the Packers/Bears matchup there as well. Hoping Bears do it at Lambeau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

well here we go guys, it all begins again! 15 mins to the beginning of broadcast on SKY.

Lets see how the titans D holds up with out Haynesworth. I'll say the Steelers should win out in this one, it wont be easy and the titans wont roll over but PIT just has the better D IMO.

Also I cant wait to see No.4 in a Vikings uniform. Strange is not the word!

FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Is there really any need for this rapping?

• Advertisement

lol Cadle wearing specs now?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Also I cant wait to see No.4 in a Vikings uniform. Strange is not the word!

You guys realise it's only for revenge? He wants to get the all-time record for consecutive starts; he only needs 2. Then he's going to retire and leave the Vikings high and dry: the ultimate revenge for all those defeats he suffered at their hands. :D

Nah i'd say he wants to go to Lambeau, win and then retire!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Nah i'd say he wants to go to Lambeau, win and then retire!

Nah, he's not going to play another 270 games. :D

lol
    And might I just say:
    what a pick by polamalu, one handed catch by a DB are few and far between

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Is there really any need for this rapping?

I laughed...at them. Then muted it.
    lol Cadle wearing specs now?

And hasn't Nick put up just a little bit of weight? :D
    lol
    And might I just say:
    what a pick by polamalu, one handed catch by a DB are few and far between
    Echoes of Cromartie vs. Colts. Remember that interception?

Polamalu playing terrific overall.

Yeah, now that you say it nick is looking a bit portly - indeed when it came back after the last ad it looked like Nick was eating!

And Bironas
    wtf 2 missed field goals

EDIT:
    Doesnt look good for polamalu's knee, crumpler fell on it!

Yeah, now that you say it nick is looking a bit portly - indeed when it came back after the last ad it looked like Nick was eating!

Must be eating too much turkey in-studio...even when it's not Thanksgiving! :pac:

And Bironas
    wtf 2 missed field goals
    Awful. I would've bet anything on the 37 yarder.

EDIT:
    Doesnt look good for polamalu's knee, crumpler fell on it!
    [/quote]
    Looked up at the last minute and didn't see who it was. Hope he's fine.
    Big Ben is doing well enough, that OL is terrible though.

EDIT: TD!

definetly -
    Ben somehow manageing to get it done, hold on to the ball long enough to move the safety with the pump fake and throw 2 excellently placed passes, to ward then holmes for the TD. This first half has shown both the bad (holding onto the ball waaaay too long for te 19yard sack in the first quarter) and the good (2 excellent passes and also great pump fakes) of Roethlisberger

definetly -
    Ben somehow manageing to get it done, hold on to the ball long enough to move the safety with the pump fake and throw 2 excellently placed passes, to ward then holmes for the TD. This first half has shown both the bad (holding onto the ball waaaay too long for te 19yard sack in the first quarter) and the good (2 excellent passes and also great pump fakes) of Roethlisberger

Yup. Agree.
    He's really trying to extend the play each time. Some see it as a good/bad point, I like the way he's a fighter like that.
    Poor Steeler defense last two plays, Gage touchdown.
    7 - 7

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

'Madden curse' for Polamalu?

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Me and a cousin just discussed that. That is too weird.

Not looking forward to the Cardinals games now! :eek:

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Hope not - He really is the steeler secondary, without him theyre shot!
    INT last play of the half- cortland finnegan.

HT - TEN 7-7 PIT

Hope not - He really is the steeler secondary, without him theyre shot!
    It really showed on the next few plays. Wide open receivers and tight ends in the Steeler's secondary? Have we ever seen that in the Steelers?!

2nd half just started.

Steelers have something like just 15 yards rushing. :eek:

Titans running over them easy.

• Advertisement

2nd half just started.

Steelers have something like just 15 yards rushing. :eek:

Titans running over them easy.
    Yep - they(pit) are getting beaten all over their the d line. Running game not really working for PIT today on offense either. Johnson looking impressive for TEN

Fumble recovered by PIT it looks like but may be called back

Bo Scaife looks hurt. Bad looking knee injury there :o Can't stand injuries to the legs or anything!

Pittsburgh on offense.

Awful series for PIT, to get a 2nd and 2 and not get a first after that is just awful.

Awful series for PIT, to get a 2nd and 2 and not get a first after that is just awful.
    Totally. They've got it back now though.

Would love to see Stefan Logan return a kick for a TD this season, smallest guy in the NFL!

It was looking like it for the return of the opening kickoff. He reminded me a bit of holmes mixed with hester

They picked him up in the CFL where he got on well afaik.
    Titans defense is swarming Pittsburgh.

Willie parker hammered in the backfield again. This Jones guy (DT for TEN) is having a stormer generating both a pass rush and run stop.

Willie parker hammered in the backfield again. This Jones guy (DT for TEN) is having a stormer generating both a pass rush and run stop.

Had a good few sacks in a game last year. Might have been versus Pittsburgh too actually.
    They look like they're doing okay without the 100 million dollar man eh? :P Collins looking good on that drive, ball punted away.

6 minutes left in the 4th.
    TEN 10
    PIT 7

Steelers driving.

• Advertisement

kearse with a hard sack on ben - no blocking at all.
    pit on a long drive down by 3 with 7 mins left, 1st and 10 at the25 yrd line

Advertisement