Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finished my accounting degree, what now?

• 01-09-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

No offence Sasha but do you really think you should be taking critical career advice of a bunch of strangers on the internet??

If i was you i wouldnt worry about what you can do with your accountancy degree, worry about what you want to do and then make that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

I dont know what your interests and talents are so I cant give you much advice. One bit of advice though I will give you is to steer well clear of Auditing. Dont do it, you will only regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

04072511 wrote: »
    I dont know what your interests and talents are so I cant give you much advice. One bit of advice though I will give you is to steer well clear of Auditing. Dont do it, you will only regret it!

:pac: I just signed up for Auditing Elective in the new FAE :eek: when Audit is the lesser of three evils......:(

prinz wrote: »
    :pac: I just signed up for Auditing Elective in the new FAE :eek: when Audit is the lesser of three evils......:(

Were you given a choice? I really wanted to do APM but supposedly its not our choice as to what will best suit our future careers....:mad:

• Advertisement

Were you given a choice? I really wanted to do APM but supposedly its not our choice as to what will best suit our future careers....:mad:

Yeah pretty much but I figured there's probably more theory in Audit anyway. I'm not too good on the practical side so tax is a nonrunner and I figured there was going to be a lot of number crunching in the other one.

prinz wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much but I figured there's probably more theory in Audit anyway. I'm not too good on the practical side so tax is a nonrunner and I figured there was going to be a lot of number crunching in the other one.

I heard that one of the students in the top 5 in Ireland for CAP 2 only got 65 in Auditing. Thats crazy low! Practically everyone would have been in the 40's and 50's. Doesnt give me much hope that the FAE audit exam will be any easier. Much harder I imagine!

Doesnt give me much hope that the FAE audit exam will be any easier. Much harder I imagine!

I'm sure they'll all be on the same level of difficulty next year, just personal preference I suppose, less number crunching (I hope) than the other two, which has always been my downfall. Something tells me there's going to be another fairly big leap in standard required to pass FAE though. Maybe I should fail my repeats on purpose to let everyone else go first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Do something completely unrelated. Accountancy is horrible and sucks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I heard that one of the students in the top 5 in Ireland for CAP 2 only got 65 in Auditing. Thats crazy low! Practically everyone would have been in the 40's and 50's. Doesnt give me much hope that the FAE audit exam will be any easier. Much harder I imagine!

That student could have been in Tax. One of my friends got placed and this person got 91% in Tax so...

• Advertisement
Advertisement