Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

When is everyone moving down? (first years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Ah, I guess it's all part of the college eperience... starvation.

I'm not too bad, ive a sister living in Corbally who I can go over and sponge a dinner off...:D

me likey ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

tazbars wrote: »
    no microwave?? how are we supposed to cook!
    On the cooker...If you want instructions call in to me in the Union, I have books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

haha i noticed there was no microwave too, and all i brought to eat was the quick 2 mins pasta and sauces hahaha, suppose everyone could chip in and get a cheap one, im sure we'll survive though, once i get my kettle :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

can u lock the door to ur room in plassey ???

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

Living in Blackbird in Thomond and it seems like a grand place, but it doesn't seem like there is all that much to do around the place until Uni starts up.

Treetirty wrote: »
    Living in Blackbird in Thomond and it seems like a grand place, but it doesn't seem like there is all that much to do around the place until Uni starts up.

Hahaha I'm in Blackbird too! When did you move in?

I moved in yesterday evening and strangely enough the 2 lads who were ahead of me in the queue to get their keys were the ones I'm living with.
    But it does seem like a fine place to live it's just that since my Orientation doesn't start until Thursday I may have moved down a little too soon.

Yeah maybe a bit early, but on the upside it gives you time to really get settled in! Ill probably see you around then the place then!(with no way of identifying you of course!:D)

Heh ya, us first yearers may need to start posting pictures soon so we can identify each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

corridon69 wrote: »
    can u lock the door to ur room in plassey ???

Yeah of course....that's if your lock is working..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

I am not moving down till weds !!

Me too, have convinced myself that my roommates and everyone on my whole floor will have becomes best friends and will have all private jokes and everything by the time I come down! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

im moving into plassey this evening...terrified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tazbars wrote: »
    im moving into plassey this evening...terrified!
    aww bless;

tis never as bad as ya think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Oh god. Tried cooking last night on the hob. Chicken chow mein. Never seen so much smoke!!!
    You really only need a low temperature to heat up pots and pans.
    I like it though. Got class house mates so far.
    Feeling mucho better.
    Will head into the city in a while.

And the Stables is class. Soooo big!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aaronlippy

ah plasseys well friendly.... here the last 2 days..youl make loads of friends straight away.... no shortage of drinking or partys either:)

call up to 20 whenever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

So guys, moving down tomorrow night!!! (AHHHHHHH :pac:) I'm off to Brookfield hall (I know, I know, off campus, I lose...). What have ye all forgotten, so I don't make the same mistake? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

aaronlippy wrote: »
    ah plasseys well friendly.... here the last 2 days..youl make loads of friends straight away.... no shortage of drinking or partys either:)

call up to 20 whenever :)

ah thought i was 20 for a minute but im not, near ya though so party central

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Moving down to brookfield hall tomorrow....so nervous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The_student

kilmurry is always great craic:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Yay! Kilmurry is great craic! The stories I'm hearing already!!!

Best piece of advice I've gotten is GO to the house parties, don't have them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aaronlippy

JimmyMoose wrote: »
    ah thought i was 20 for a minute but im not, near ya though so party central

ya ya party central.... are you on my street??..sesame street......as its been called:)......what house are you???....no doubt ive been in it alredy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

I'm in thomond now. This place pretty nice looks like nearly all 1st years. what bird(building:confused:) ya in?

I'm in Robin