Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When is everyone moving down? (first years)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

MiciG91 wrote: »
    This is goin to be a good year guys.:)

I feel a group hug coming on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Going up to Plassey on Sunday. Hopefully I won't be on my own!!

Turns out I'm not going up until Tuesday now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liffordkeeper

Wow, there seems to be loads of you guys moving into Thomond on Sunday afternoon.....YEY!!!! I thought I'd be the first there. see ye all there.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

O thank god i thought everyone was living in plasseyand see everyone down there sunday;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

im dropping my stuff down in plassey on the sunday, then coming home. I have my grad the next day so i cant be staying the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

Moving into Thomond on Sunday evening here too. Also, just wondering, do many people stick around the following weekend ?

Im heading down to Thomond on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 reindeerarmy

i'm goin to thomond early sunday too. We'd want to start making a list of usernames so we'll know each other:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

JimmyMoose wrote: »
    emmm not too sure myself, my orientation is thursday and friday, and i'm going down on my own so don't want to be there from sunday onwards sitting in my new plassey room on my own doing crosswords or something :p

Haha pretty much the same boat as myself. I can only lift Sunday morning so i'll basically be there from 12 onwards, and my orientation isnt until Thursday. However that means theres plenty of wandering to be done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Currently sitting in my room listening to eels trying to calm myself down.
    Getting knots in the stomach now.
    Scared and nervous.
    Dreading saying goodbye to my mum and dad. We haven't really discussed the bit with me actually leavinf yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Im not nervous at all .. Im fearful that i have packed far too much clothes though haha. Lucky for me i got to say my family good byes last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

snazzy wrote: »
    Scared and nervous.
    Dreading saying goodbye to my mum and dad. We haven't really discussed the bit with me actually leavinf yet :(

It won't be as bad or scary as you think and you'll see your parents next weekend! If you find it really tough send me a pm. I'm around tonight and happy to have a coffee with anyone!

Don't be scared, that's the main thing!

i'm goin to thomond early sunday too. We'd want to start making a list of usernames so we'll know each other:eek:

I'm in thomond now. This place pretty nice looks like nearly all 1st years. what bird(building:confused:) ya in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

I'm in mallard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

snazzy wrote: »
    Scared and nervous.

oh god im dreading that feeling especially if im last to move in tuesday ahhh

Im in blackbird!:pac:
    Pretty sure my apartment is empty, but not too sure. Too scared to step outside my room!! :D

im in........warbler? Please tell me how to get the showers to give out hot water people in thomond

im in........warbler? Please tell me how to get the showers to give out hot water people in thomond

Cant help you man, sorry! :D Not a clue!

darn! Well how is everyone getting settled in? I'm compeletly on my lonesome and it's great because now i have the tv to myself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

There is a switch with a red light just outside the bathroom door.
    Just press it and give it about an hour to heat up the water.

Enjoy :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, Im well alone too. All my friends move down tomorrow. Got my internet so im delighted! Thomond is nice though!

shower solution found! Tried the switch thing but didnt work (maybe i was too impatient). Boost button on imersion solves everything. Yeah this place is so nice apart from the graveyard of spiders in my room and kitchen. I just locked myself outta the room and called reception i must hold some record now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Ha walked into the house and there was no one around so went home again... Il move in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

So the lock to my door was ****ed when I checked in and the fire alarm kept going off...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

I am not moving down till weds !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

checked into plassey yesterday, seems like a grand place, will do the job. missing a kettle :eek::eek::D so i could hardly stay there. Heading back down on wednesday, let the games begin heyoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Which is worse no kettle or microwave? Cant drink or cant eat... not great choices:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Ya , I was surprised that there are no microwaves, and the freezer is tiny for 8 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

no microwave?? how are we supposed to cook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Ah, I guess it's all part of the college eperience... starvation.

I'm not too bad, ive a sister living in Corbally who I can go over and sponge a dinner off...:D

Advertisement