Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

About Freshers ball??

• 29-08-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me aout freshers ball or freshers week in general. I have no idea what to expect. Do you attend lectures as usual? And how formal is the ball is it proper blacktie and couples??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

You go to lectures, freshers week is the same as any other week with more drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Freshers Ball is a misnomer - its not really a ball - no blacktie, no formality. Its just like a regular college gig, just a little bigger.

Freshers week - lectures are ongoing but during the week the various societies and clubs will have stalls setup to let you ask questions and sign up to any of them that take your fancy. In the afternoon/evenings, theres normally stuff organised in the bars around campus, for your boozing pleasure.

So, go to your lectures (if you like), sign up to a few clubs/socs, get drunk, arrive in with hangover, rinse and repeat for the next 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Alright grand sounds fun! but about the ball is it couples sort of function. Do i need to invite the girlfriend??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

NO! Its just like going to a nightclub. it certainly isn't a function!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Alrite cool cheers. It was just a couple of my friends were convinced it was blacktie and all... then again my friends are a pack of idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

then again my friends are a pack of idiots.

Prehaps just mis-informed!:pac:

Advertisement