Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is everyone moving down? (first years)

• 26-08-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9 lil_dee

Just wanted to get a general idea of when everybodys moving down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 reindeerarmy

goin to thomond monday

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

goin to thomond monday

That's where I am too! hope itll be good......

moving down Sunday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

haen set a date wit my landlord in elm park but hopefully next tuesday :D.. wats the deal with freshers week .. is that the same as orientation week or is it the following week??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Not sure tbh don't want to be the only one in my house on Sunday night orientation week starts Tuesday, going in Sunday seems early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

emmm not too sure myself, my orientation is thursday and friday, and i'm going down on my own so don't want to be there from sunday onwards sitting in my new plassey room on my own doing crosswords or something :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Mallox wrote: »
    haen set a date wit my landlord in elm park but hopefully next tuesday :D.. wats the deal with freshers week .. is that the same as orientation week or is it the following week??

Freshers' Week is the following week. It's Week 1 of lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

JimmyMoose wrote: »
    emmm not too sure myself, my orientation is thursday and friday, and i'm going down on my own so don't want to be there from sunday onwards sitting in my new plassey room on my own doing crosswords or something :p

Call in to the Union, we'll find some TD for you to harass:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aaronlippy

headn plassey on sunday .... dont wana be d last one t move in like

aaronlippy wrote: »
    headn plassey on sunday .... dont wana be d last one t move in like
    Not being an arsehole, but this is a lot kinder than some of the mods will be:

Txt spk nt wlcm hre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PaddyWaggon

looks like sunday for me as i've no drive in for monday, it would be horrible to be on my own for the first night thou..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I'm going down to Kilmurry on Sunday afternoon.
    Didn't even think about being on my own!

Although I think I may need some time to regroup and get my room sorted.
    Might go for a walk around campus to get familiar with it and might even go into town.
    I'm not until Thursday Orientation-wise but might as well start getting to know people.

Anyone worried about being stranded on their own pm me or Mossin and one of us will meet up with you maybe do a preview on the campus tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Im heading down to Kilmurray on Sunday afternoon to check in. Ill hang around for a while probably but then I've to go home. But I'll be back again on Tuesday!

ninty9er wrote: »
    Anyone worried about being stranded on their own pm me or Mossin and one of us will meet up with you maybe do a preview on the campus tour.

I'm just going to slip this one in now...

One thing I noticed since posting here after getting my results is how kind and welcoming the people in UL are.

Special thanks to ninty9er, Mossin, kaimera (and anyone I forgot to mention); ye guys are making this transition easy for us, and I'm sure it will be appreciated by all once we get down there.

God, if everyone in UL is like this, its gonna be class!

Thanks guys

Sure why would ya go home, there's wandering about to be done. What would you be doing at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Delta Kilo wrote: »

One thing I noticed since posting here after getting my results is how kind and welcoming the people in UL are.

Special thanks to ninty9er, Mossin, kaimera (and anyone I forgot to mention); ye guys are making this transition easy for us, and I'm sure it will be appreciated by all once we get down there.

Thanks guys

I agree.
    Doing a bang up job putting up with all our questions.

snazzy wrote: »
    I agree.

I'm getting all nostalgiac...I didn't even discover the forum until 2nd year! Even though I'm going to be around this year I'm feeling a sense of loss already even though I'm not graduating until Friday.

Sure why would ya go home, there's wandering about to be done. What would you be doing at home?

I've to be in Dublin at 9am on Monday morning. Coming down the tuesday for good though.

snazzy wrote: »
    I agree.
    Delta Kilo wrote: »

Thanks guys

yeah samesies guys, just reading through all the answers has made me so excited about heading down, at first i was so anxious because i thought i was literally going to be the only one going down on my own but looks like i'll be a-okay haha,:D cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Heading to Brookfield on Tuesday:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'm also around if you'd like a female perspective on the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

A bit off track here (feel free to move me).. do we need to bring pillows and a duvet (to Brookfield?) or anything else I'd be forgetting?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Going up to Plassey on Sunday. Hopefully I won't be on my own!!

by the sounds of it everyone in plassey will be on their own...together...so it will be all good :D

and thanks ergonomics, girl power ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

im moving into plassey on tuesday...god i hope i dont make a grande entrance by being the last person in the house to move in

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lil_dee

Me too! ha thats what im afraid of

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I'm moving into Dromroe on Monday I think,first time Dromroe has been mentioned in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

Going to Thomond on sunday.

And I'd also like to say thanks a hell of a lot to all guys like ninety9er and Mossin for all their help you couldn't have made this more pleasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Moving down the 5th cant wait,moving into a lovely house in elm park.This is goin to be a good year guys.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

I'm also moving into Thomond on Sunday evening

Advertisement