Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3v & PSN problem

• 26-07-2009 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Yesterday I bought a 3v voucher and it worked fine, allowing me to add funds to my PSN wallet on the first attempt. Today I bought another voucher and things went sour. I put in the new card details many times, making sure to check the details. And no, I never made a mistake. It said something along the lines of "Credit card is not valid. Check details blah blah". Anyone know exactly what caused this?

Anyway, after a few failed attempts I tried entering YESTERDAYS 3v voucher and that did not work either. Got the same message. That card is still valid by the way. (<---Did all that before my 10th failed attempt and lock out.) I'm locked out now for 24 hours, sadly. Your help would be much appreciated. Also both vouchers have the same value.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 psn_kevin151

Zarbon wrote: »
    Yesterday I bought a 3v voucher and it worked fine, allowing me to add funds to my PSN wallet on the first attempt. Today I bought another voucher and things went sour. I put in the new card details many times, making sure to check the details. And no, I never made a mistake. It said something along the lines of "Credit card is not valid. Check details blah blah". Anyone know exactly what caused this?

Anyway, after a few failed attempts I tried entering YESTERDAYS 3v voucher and that did not work either. Got the same message. That card is still valid by the way. (<---Did all that before my 10th failed attempt and lock out.) I'm locked out now for 24 hours, sadly. Your help would be much appreciated. Also both vouchers have the same value.
    did u say 3v card was a visa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Yes. As I said it worked fine the first day. Now both vouchers, which are both still valid, won't work. Can't attempt anything else thanks to the 24 hour lock out, so your thoughts and help is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Zarbon wrote: »
    Yes. As I said it worked fine the first day. Now both vouchers, which are both still valid, won't work. Can't attempt anything else thanks to the 24 hour lock out, so your thoughts and help is welcome.

www.gamepointsnow.com get codes off that website, it is brilliant and will be e-mailed to you instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

sony need to verify the second card now, it can take 4/5 days
    best thing to do when using 3v is after you use up all the money, and buy new credit, transfer the new credit to the old card that did work, then you wont need to reverify, this will work till it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The thing with the PSN is it deducts €1.00 from your card pre purchase as a test. So if your 3v voucher is for €20.00, you'll only be able to spend €19.00 on the PSN.

I had this problem using 3v Vouchers too, before i checked the billing on the 3v website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

This kind of thing happened to me and drove me mad for 3 days.

I don't quite know what the problem is but it DOES sort itself out eventually.

If I get a 3V and use it, then buy another, I just transfer the funds over to the one already registered.

It costs €2.50 but it saves a lot of hassle.

Wish Sony would sell those PSN cards in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Apparently psn cards are going to launch alongside the psp go in october, about feckin time, sorts all this hassle anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Hi Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but if I but a 3V voucher today to buy BF 1943 should it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but if I but a 3V voucher today to buy BF 1943 should it work?

Hi, i bought BF 1943 with my 3v card with no problems, you can only add €15 of a €20 voucher as sony deduct €1 for validation but they refund you this a couple of weeks later in my case allowing you to add the final €5 to the store if you want then. hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

paul150 wrote: »
    Hi, i bought BF 1943 with my 3v card with no problems, you can only add €15 of a €20 voucher as sony deduct €1 for validation but they refund you this a couple of weeks later in my case allowing you to add the final €5 to the store if you want then. hope that helps :)

Thanks man, I'll tell you how I get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement