Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trials hd

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Just got this the other day and its very VERY addictive...I'm not that good at it though which kinda suck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Haven't manage to get near this game since the beginning of the week since a house guest hogged it. Now time to challenge some of those scores, I'm looking at you the Divil ! Although I reckon my patience will run out long before I manage to master some of those tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Send a friend invite to ovrk1ll - he's a friend of mine (and he is listed in the Gamertag thread). He is top of all of the leaderboards on beginner, and some on other difficulties too. I have 26 active friends on the Trials HD leaderboards, so its pretty impressive that he is top...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Jip wrote: »
    Haven't manage to get near this game since the beginning of the week since a house guest hogged it. Now time to challenge some of those scores, I'm looking at you the Divil ! Although I reckon my patience will run out long before I manage to master some of those tracks.

Hehe bring it on :D Which ones you aiming for? I've only really played 3 of the mini games so far. Bones, ski and pinball thing. Had a quick go of the bike in the ball one yesterday. Lots of fun :)

irishPOWER89 and sjamcm are the two to beat on my friends list. Impressive infernoII run by irish. In the top 120 in the world I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I had a quick go of Bones and Ski before I headed out yesterday, managed to make impressive gains on both compared to my previous scores but still only about midway on my friends list. I've managed to get right to the bottom on Bones to the bowling pins a couple of times with a paltry amount of bones broken.

Cheers Mr E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Getting down to the pins isn't too hard but the key is to hit your guy off the corner of a step on his way down once or twice. If you get lots of air hold Lt and down I think to make him kinda curl into a ball. I find that does more damage when he hits the step. Then as soon as he hits the step aim top right and keep rotating right analogue to keep him moving. Should be able to get him to hit 2-3 sets of steps from a bit of a height this way.... if any of that makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ovrk1ll

hey nice one feel free to add me to your friends list to compete against on the leaderboard. I'm a leaderboard nut when it comes to top scores but i'm sure theres players out there with better scores.

just add the id ovrk1ll. I think i've got a good few of ye already from past games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i must say, the leaderboard replay facility is one of the most amazing things Ive witnessed in video gaming, one press of a button and wham, straight away the replay is in front of you, its astonisingly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i must say, the leaderboard replay facility is one of the most amazing things Ive witnessed in video gaming, one press of a button and wham, straight away the replay is in front of you, its astonisingly quick.

I never even knew that existed.. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yep, that should give you a few ideas for a fast time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Where do you find this? Can't see it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Go into leader boards and scroll across to the overall leader board. Press Y to watch..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I thought that too, it's amazing net code.
    Literally 2 seconds to get everything going.

Feck it.

Logged on there to go for some records but far too drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

This game is driving me crazy. Can't get over the first ramp on the last hard stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I dabbled a bit with the track editor today. Let me know what ye think.

Beware, its my first attempt and probably brutal!

Oh ya lots of 'splosians :D

Finally completed my first extreme track - brown boxes.

Only have one platinum medal earned so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Finished Inferno II!!! Yeeeessssssssss!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I dabbled a bit with the track editor today. Let me know what ye think.

Beware, its my first attempt and probably brutal!

Oh ya lots of 'splosians :D
    jayteecork wrote: »
    Finally completed my first extreme track - brown boxes.

Only have one platinum medal earned so far.

Do I play your tracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

finally finished all the hard levels. have golds in all the skill games except the wheelie one :mad: Got really far on one of the extreme levels yesterday but just got stuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

I finally splashed out and bought this yesterday evening.
    Fantastic game, and really really addictive.

Almost made my way through hard already, no silver medals just yet though :(

Only problem is that I've only one friend on my friends list that has it :o
    I could do with some times to try and beat.. so any friend requests will be
    more than welcome!

My GamterTag is mentalfish!
    I'll stick my gamertag in the sticky and go through that tomorrow.

..for now, I'm off to bed before I end up spending the night playing this. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Only problem is that I've only one friend on my friends list that has it :o
    I could do with some times to try and beat.. so any friend requests will be
    more than welcome!

I added you on my friends list there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Loving this game too but the hardest level is near on impossible.
    I'm looking for a few more people to compete against, my game tag is 'eirtec'
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Really enjoyable game; makes you focus at all times (mainly because I've learned that if I blink on the final straight my biker tends to lean badly and fall off!). Some really tough tracks. Have Golds on all Beginner and Easy tracks. Couple of slipups in the Medium and just happy to finish Hard at the moment :D

Skill games are excellent too! Played the massive slope, explosives delivery, ski jump (can't get gold) and breaking bones mostly. Also enjoy the pinball although it is one mode in which it greys the line between a crash and a rider upside down :S

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just bought it now. Feel free to add me. My GT is below.

• Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Skill games are excellent too! Played the massive slope, explosives delivery, ski jump (can't get gold) and breaking bones mostly.

The key to the ski jump and breaking bones is to use the d-pad, and not the analogue stick. Theres a bit of a technique involved, so I'll outline below...

Ski jump:

Press back (left on d-pad) a couple of times then press and hold forward and hit Y to bail (Edit: I just re-read this and it doesn't make much sense. Try to do a bit of a wheelie, then go forward so that your front wheel goes over the edge of the ramp, then bail.). When in the air hold up+right and hold RT as well cos this makes you spread your limbs and glide further. It'll take you a few times to get used to it, but this is the only method I use to get 175m+. My record is 196.6m

Breaking bones:

Again use the d-pad. Hold forward, then rock back-forward and bail. This time hold up+ right and LT to curl into a ball. The trick is to just miss the high wall with the rail on the underneath of it, and to land on something solid like the brown containers. This will make you bounce and get you another few bones broken when you land again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Eventually got round to purchasing this i have a few from here already in my friends list will try add more for now just going to try complete the game to get all the bikes etc then will tackle times and stuff haha, can see this being as addictive as stuntman was when i first got that.

If anyone wants to add me its Mrbrocky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It IS addictive! Hard tracks are....hard. Extreme tracks are close to impossible! And then I get a message today to drive me even more mad:

Congratulations. It is now possible to earn Platinum medals!

Argh! Have to go back through the whole game again :D (Though must work on my rack of bronzes in the hard challenges...and my solitary medal on Extreme!)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Yeah, the platinum medals are pretty tough to get even on the easier tracks.
    I have gold for all medium now as well.
    Starting trying for something other than bronze on the hard ones too. Have one gold and a few silvers so far.

The extreme tracks, I have medals in. Think I'll leave it at that for a while :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

How does anyone get anywhere on the Hard or Extreme tracks ? There are these impossible obstacles that just point straight up or jumps that are just too wide with explosives under them.

@eirtec - managed to pip you on king of the hill :) and who is julez13 and how are you getting those times!!

Advertisement