Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Super video,heard the boot is really good

Is there a (professional) bootleg available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

iMax wrote: »
    Is there a (professional) bootleg available ?

I found one online this afternoon, quality is not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Any chance of a PM pointing me in the direction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

you got mail

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

niallon wrote: »
    There was a weird vibe onstage, dunno if I'd say they're quitting though, maybe it's a Lovetown style "Dream it all up again" vibe

Well, hopefully, cos we all know what came after Lovetown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I put a couple of videos up:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Here's a quick multicam I did for The Auld Triangle from the Friday Night.

Grateful to heartland for his permission to mix in & synch his audio from that night with the cam audio.

Hope you enjoy.

Choose the HQ option & watch fullscreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiUwq9o7oXY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AlexanderPlatz

I see there are loads of rumours that U2 will tour Europe again in 2010, I remember there was talk of the band releasing a new album before the end of this year.

Bono had said the tracks were more mellow, would be great to hear an album with more tracks like Moment of Surrender. I would love to see U2 try and move in a different direction sound wise.

It has to be difficult for the band, they are still the biggest band in the world and the fan base is still massive and to keep everyone happy that means large stadium tours. Of course I`m sure U2 like the money as well from these large tours. U2 are still cutting it live and songs like Vertigo and Boots really come to life on stage. I would imagine they have maybe one more big stadium tour in them after 360.

I would love U2 to do a big goodbye to the stadiums tours in 2012/13 and then start to play smaller venues. Can`t see it happening though....

I know its over 11 years but with having time at home recently, I've been going through my digital archives & been working on remastering audio & video from the July 27th 2009 Croke Park show.

I'm creating a 'Remastered from The Pit' Series, showing videos not previously released from the perspective of being in the Pit that night with remastered picture & audio.

Hope anyone that was there that night might enjoy the series. Some videos will be better than others as being in The Pit or GA is where all the crowd rock'n'roll / bouncy bouncy happens :-) - I did my best at the time.

All the best..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

11 years?
    Fück me!

#4 in the U2 Croke Park 2009 Remastered from the Pit Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can mods maybe put all u2 related stuff in the one thread?

Anyway got an email there offering me a discounted renewal. I'm tempted as I would be interested in the DVD and the HD stream of the full show but I don't want to do it if there planning on releasing a blu ray version soon??

'What an awesome gig…'

'This is the best gift for any day but especially today, in these difficult times…'

'Incredible DVD... great show, great performance…. sound and visual quality is amazing…'

Over two hours and twenty minutes, 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN', captures the band's acclaimed 2018 e+i show.

From the unforgettable opening burst of 'The Blackout' and 'Lights of Home' through live classics such as 'Gloria' and 'Beautiful Day', into 'The Fly' and 'Stay (Faraway So Close)' and reaching a crescendo with 'Love Is Bigger' and '13 (There Is A Light)'.

This limited edition DVD, accompanied by a booklet of exclusive tour photography, is only available to U2.com subscribers and as a former subscriber we wanted to let you know about a very special offer.

Until the end of October you can take out an annual subscription to U2.com at the special price of $40 and we'll send you this beautifully packaged DVD and booklet.

As of today, until the end of the month, we've converted your free membership to a subscription membership so if you'd like to take advantage of this offer you simply have to RENEW your subscription.

Once you've signed in to our subscription site and renewed your subscription for the next 12 months you will immediately find this special show streaming in HD, along with other content exclusive to our subscribers from video and streaming events to a 25% discount in the merchandise store.

As you'll find out, 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN' is one special show!

Subscribe to U2.com

Best wishes

Advertisement