Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trials hd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

I was asking a few mates if they remembered Kick Start, none of them could! thought i was going mad or something.

I remember it..and was only just talking to my bro,but does anyone remember kickstart for the c64?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

man, you guys are making me feel like i suck big time.. ha i can't even pass this damn medium difficulty level. must youtube it

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Haven't a single friend with this for leaderboards and level sharing...

Anyone wanna add me?

GT: Liathroidi Dana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

So does this game get cruelly difficult? Don't know if i wanna spend 1200 points to be tortured by a little man on a bike with poor balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Haven't a single friend with this for leaderboards and level sharing...

Anyone wanna add me?

GT: Liathroidi Dana
    If you have signatures turned on, check out people's gamertags in their signatures. Anyone playing Trials HD will have a little grey helmet as one of their current games. Just send them invites.... we don't bite. :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    If you have signatures turned on, check out people's gamertags in their signatures. Anyone playing Trials HD will have a little grey helmet as one of their current games. Just send them invites.... we don't bite. :)

Will do, I'v aleady recieved 3 invite since... and yea I like trying to beat peoples score...

Focus on TRYING*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

EGriff wrote: »
    So does this game get cruelly difficult? Don't know if i wanna spend 1200 points to be tortured by a little man on a bike with poor balance.

Not cruelly... Just additively, I'd to stop playing last night after my hand kept cramping.. Off for another session now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

the last difficulty is insanely tough.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Forget Kick Start.

this is more like that Kraut show on Eurosport where they used ride bikes up the hill and whatnot - often dressed as Roman soldiers!

I'll be back on later for a sess. i nailed the high score in a couple of tracks last night.

Would anyone be up for a little comp...?

maybe who can get the highest score on a certain track in 2-3days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

How the hell do u get over the boxes at the begining of the last track on Hard... Its doing my nut in..

For the strugglers (I'm including myself in that group!) -- I learnt a huge amount about how the bike handles from the Unyielding achievement (playing Groundhog Returns without changing posture).

That includes going up short hills without flipping over, control on hills, lining up precision jumps, braking properly, and pumping the gas rapidly for control. Try it out, it'll improve your main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,756 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agree with Dave.. I did decent enough on the beginner and easy tracks last night.

But progressing through the medium / hard area tonight really made me more aware of how to control the bike better. Most importantly - how to probably posture the bike on a landing

Went back on some of the tracks I did on easy and shaved 6 - 10 seconds off some of my previous times.

Have Beginner and Easy all golded.. have a mixture of Silver and Bronze on Medium, and have 2 Bronzes on Hard before I gave up for the night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

unklerosco wrote: »
    How the hell do u get over the boxes at the begining of the last track on Hard... Its doing my nut in..

Stuck on the same section. Managed to get over the boxes once by fluke but crashed on the other side :mad:

Irishpower, got any words of advice? You're the only one on my list thats got passed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

mika27 wrote: »
    Stuck on the same section. Managed to get over the boxes once by fluke but crashed on the other side :mad:

Irishpower, got any words of advice? You're the only one on my list thats got passed it

i just stop the bike at the beginning of the run up, just after the little ramp, push forward then just as you reach the boxes pop the front wheel and push up. kinda like doing a bunny hop going up a hill. took me awhile to figure it out first.

Feck used to going to gold medals rather than restarting from last checkpoint so I'm ruining my progress on the hard levels.

Getting near the end then going back to the start, lol.

Watching the sickos playing this and mirror's edge time trials online reminds me that I'm nowhere near as good at video games as I thought I was.

mailrewop wrote: »
    i just stop the bike at the beginning of the run up, just after the little ramp, push forward then just as you reach the boxes pop the front wheel and push up. kinda like doing a bunny hop going up a hill. took me awhile to figure it out first.

Got past the boxes but can't get past the ramp after.

edit: just fluked it there and went over the checkpoint on my ass.

lol. Just cleared King of the Hill with no less than 396 faults.

edit: took me 173 attempts for the Strike achievement, but I got there!

I got strike in about 20. You are able to move around while on the ground, so if you knock all but one, wiggle to it. :)

I did the other level based achievements last night (strike, unyielding, full throttle, market meltdown). Good challenges actually, all doable.

Got 9 like 10 times in the strike. It was so frustrating.

Still can't do unyielding. Done all the other main ones, including doing all the hard courses.
    TBH I think I'm done with the hard courses. Just gonna go for records in beginner to medium.
    I would not have the patience to be aiming for golds/records in the hard courses. Those tractor tire bits are fúcking merciless.

Edit: right, that's me done for the session. Managed to get all golds in Medium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭the corpo

this game is killing me, and i refuse to progress past a level unless i get a gold.
    best fun in forever

the corpo wrote: »
    and i refuse to progress past a level unless i get a gold.

good luck getting to extreme in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Yay! Inferno II beaten at long last. For anyone who's played it, the last part was the killer for me (the I-beam hop). 200+ faults, but I don't think I'll be going back to it in a while.

Time to go back for some golds and maybe platinums.

Yay! Inferno II beaten at long last. For anyone who's played it, the last part was the killer for me (the I-beam hop). 200+ faults, but I don't think I'll be going back to it in a while.

Time to go back for some golds and maybe platinums.

platinums? wtf?

I've heard platinum times for all tracks are unlocked when you complete an extreme track.... check youtube for videos of platinum runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

i've managed to get up to position 177 on the leaderboards for where's the ground?

this game really is too damned addictive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

jayteecork wrote: »
    Got past the boxes but can't get past the ramp after.

edit: just fluked it there and went over the checkpoint on my ass.

lol. Just cleared King of the Hill with no less than 396 faults.

edit: took me 173 attempts for the Strike achievement, but I got there!

Finally got it. Haven't a hope of getting gold on any these levels methinks

Which level is the strike achievement?

I missed a platform in one level and saw the 10 bowling pins but can't remember which one it was.

Christ.. some of those levels on hard are mighty tough... dreading extreme (which is now unlocked). I've bronzed (with between 45 - 70 faults) and can't even picture silvers in that, never mind gold!

Loving the skill games right now.. going back to try and get golds in them. Have silver in most, bronze in a few and gold in one (when you're dragging the two bomb's in the cart).

basquille wrote: »
    Which level is the strike achievement?

I missed a platform in one level and saw the 10 bowling pins but can't remember which one it was.
    Jolly Jumper (the last Medium level). The pins are below and to the right of a floating platform near the start of the level.

• Advertisement

Cheers Dave.

I remember seeing it alright.. as I fell down the hole near it and thought nothing of it when I saw it. Then I saw the "Strike" achievement.

Advertisement