Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** Accommodation thread *** Queries & Availability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Kingsley Hotel down in Victoria Cross might be handy, there's also a few B&B's on the Model Farm Road which is probably the closest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Hi, my grandparents are going to an event in CIT in April and want to stay the night. Could anyone recommend a hotel or B&B nearby please?:)

This map might also help them if you want to send them the link. It has some hotels in it and can be used for directions.

CIT Google Map with Hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

Im moving from carlow to cork to study in sept. i know im asking alot but im looking for a bedsit/1 bed apt that allows animals. any suggestions? or at a push places where landlords dont check!!??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patflags

I'm a 4th year apprentice going into my final off the job training course Phase 6. I'm currently looking for a house or aparment to rent that I could share with a few of my class mates who I've know for 3 years now. We're looking for a place from the 21st of September to the 5th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭keiran110

go on to daft.ie, click on lettings and click on the advanced search tab. You should be able to select an option to search for houses and apartments with pets allowed.

Most of the results say 1 year lease but if you ring and say you only want it for the college year, thats usually fine. Also by going through an agent or anybody really on daft, you save a **** load of money.

You do have to search a bit harder, but you do save alot. This year im saving 1500 on rent. Worst of all, my accomodation this year is far better in everyway to last year.

By the way, if your pet is something that isnt a dog, id imagine you`d be fine with having it in the place your living.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

What type of animal if its small animal , guinea pigs , hamster etc i wouldnt even worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rickirl

Hi,

My friend got this course and was wondering where he would live. I know the course is spread between the city studio, UCC and CIT.

Just wondering if anyone can advise what he should do and where to stay.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dindinium

Hi.
    I could be going to CIT in September and put my name down to go to Eden hall and parchment and I've heard nothing from either of them.
    Has anyone heard from either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

You should have heard. Ring the both asap I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

my friend started this course last year and he was never in CIT except for one or two exams at the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Dennehy's Cross seems like a good half way point. Within walking distance, albeit a slightly long walk, of all.

With the increase in Student accommodation provision, you should not have too many problems.

I was about to ask the same. A very unusual request for a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jmscnnr86

hi ive accepted a place in cit and now lookin for a gaff i want to live in an estate with lots of students bt i cant afford eden hall:( or ne of those places that you have to pay in two payments. So i need help to know where would be good for 1st years ie partys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Rimmer

Chiaki wrote: »
    Im moving from carlow to cork to study in sept. i know im asking alot but im looking for a bedsit/1 bed apt that allows animals. any suggestions? or at a push places where landlords dont check!!??

What animals? Are you really that fond of sheep?

Are you going to study Maths or something - few else would be so careless with PR. (lie to the landlord...)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BonBon101

parchment square!Dont go to deanshall horrible place.They will fcuk u over!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

For the love of God don't go to Parchment Square, it's horrible there. Sharing 1 bathroom between 3 is just terrible. Four of my buddies moved outta there after 3 weeks cos they just hated the place.

Best bet is to try and find a house with a few friends, but with only 1 or so weeks to go you would be pretty lucky to find one but it is possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

More houses available now because of places like Parchment Sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

All depends on the animal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

I heard there's plenty accommodation available in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Best bet - Buy a tent and set it up in the green beside deans hall for first night. Then as parites develop you can simply sleep over in any green area beside the gaf!
    Rent free and low bills! sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

aaronh007 wrote: »
    For the love of God don't go to Parchment Square, it's horrible there. Sharing 1 bathroom between 3 is just terrible. Four of my buddies moved outta there after 3 weeks cos they just hated the place.

Best bet is to try and find a house with a few friends, but with only 1 or so weeks to go you would be pretty lucky to find one but it is possible

are you for real?! did you live in a palace as a child?

are you for real?! did you live in a palace as a child?

No, I just happen to live in a place where I get my own bathroom.

But I'm sure that you can understand the sentiment of living with two other people that never cleaned up after themselves...ever, as happened to my mate

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

aaronh007 wrote: »
    But I'm sure that you can understand the sentiment of living with two other people that never cleaned up after themselves...

yes, this strange phenonom is called 'College Life'. Prob wanna toughed up a bit from ur own bathroom from birth and expectin ur gaf to be as clean as when d mother is cleanin it tbh r you could be fairly miserable in college

Signpost wrote: »
    yes, this strange phenonom is called 'College Life'. Prob wanna toughed up a bit from ur own bathroom from birth and expectin ur gaf to be as clean as when d mother is cleanin it tbh r you could be fairly miserable in college

For gods sake I'm in 4th year now so I can safely say I have experienced it all at this stage and for first year I had the worst housemates possible.

But it's not anything strange to want the place you're living in to be clean. Especially when you're the only person that doesn't go home every weekend, so I actually consider this place my home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

hi all, i'm a second year and looking for a room in and around CIT. anyone have a room or know of any, i'd appreciate it if you would PM me. thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

WANTED ACCOMMODATION IN CORK
    hi all, i'm a second year "MATURE"rolleyes.gif :P STUDENT and looking for a room in and around CIT, or wherever, not fussy. anyone have or know of any, i'd appreciate it if you would PM me. thankssmile.gif

Advertisement