Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah now come on out of the that. The solo alone is epic. And as for the bass intro..... :eek:

+1 actually

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

theresistance.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

looks great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Abstract orgy going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Nah, Hysteria was done 3 years earlier on their b-side 'Futurism' - best stuff on Absolution is the piano/keyboard/organ stuff.

And that solo when played live never sounds anything like the recorded version.

But now I'm knit-picking.

I just wish they'd play some f*cking Showbiz live!

• Advertisement

Nah, Hysteria was done 3 years earlier on their b-side 'Futurism' - best stuff on Absolution is the piano/keyboard/organ stuff.

+100

I'd love to see "Showbiz" (the song) live...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Nice review I found through the official forums.
    1- UPRISING (5′02)
    If the album was announced as being particularly symphonic, Muse is playing with us as this stunning opening, the exact opposite of the direction expected. It starts with an electronic buzz, quickly followed by a low saturated fat and a hammered rhythm on the toms. The feeling tends to be closer to Depeche Mode, just how “Map Of The Problematique” on “Black Holes & Revelations”, but with a dynamic almost at the level of heavy guitar riffs. The title is not dancing, but he keeps it your own sad and melancholy timbre of Matthew Bellamy. Note the presence of a few choruses of “hey” chanted like a Marilyn Manson of the great days. This is the first single extract from the official record.

2- RESISTANCE (5′46)
    Here is the eponymous song, angular piece of the album begins in an atmosphere of calm generated by a few layers of soft synth. Then tumbling piano melody accompanied by a powerful rotating drum that slowly turns into a deafening march rhythmic way. The Muse 2009 vintage seems to have the desire to surprise and that there seemed to be quickly identified is fast, éructant pre-chorus baroque-style way Queen “Bohemian Rhapsody”. And while we thought we hear a predictable final climb, the trio prefers to play calm and keep a few cartridges in reserve …

3- UNDISCLOSED DESIRES (3′56)
    Return to a grain and a few synthetic sounds R’n'B necessarily referring to the ambitious first single from the previous album, “Supermassive Black Hole”. Except that here, the gang chose to add some strings and a delicious touch new-wave. One of the potential singles surprising “Resistance.” Here, Muse demonstrates skill he knows perfectly handle a wide range of sounds, mixing beautifully time and delivering an unlikely hybrid of R’n'B and modern new-wave retro with an inventive use of the keyboard.

4- UNITED STATES OF EURASIA (5′47)
    The continuous alternation of sounds and synthetic aspect is rejected and organic instruments. This ballad in a Muse typically begins with a barrage of strings, directly affecting the mood of sobriety and an indecent act in any event, leaving only a sadness reflected communicative and a grayish hue. We still think of Queen with a new pre-chorus raising the specter of “Bohemian Rhapsody” … Once again, the group that we thought that we understood to be playing around in ass for our greatest pleasure. A situation that verges on the genius of a break anthologie built from a succession of grandiose chorus, creating a climate of extreme decadence before we plunge into a final echoing the greatest classical composers. One can imagine then Matthew, alone in a large living room Italian Renaissance manner, playing the melody on a beautiful grand piano.

5- GUIDING LIGHT (4′13)
    Here we are faced with the battery and slow overwhelming Dominic Howard, embellished with a few layers of vaporous synth bass and a full. Lighting with a few arpeggios before saving way U2 lead on a wild guitar solo, almost primary. Perhaps one of the weakest tracks on the album, even if it is pleasant listening.

6- UNNATURAL SELECTION (6′54)
    This time it’s a church organ, which we welcome. The voice is under-mixed and rubs it to a song near the Opera. The calm before the storm as this apparent peace fades dramatically to give way to thunderous rhythm and a great heavy riff. The voice is also more nervous, even if it is never the appeal of violence and keep a permanent melody. “Unnatural Selection” is the kind of piece effective and straight in your face like the first two albums the group … to change completely unpredictable weather that occurs after 3mn30 rage. Then we plunge into a heavy cabaret / jazz / psyche supported by an incredible Hammond organ in the sixties. Then we witness the return of sickly rock and a transition-based vocal harmonies made in Queen (yes, again).

7- MK ULTRA (4′06) 7
    Here we find the 80’s feeling that emerges from “Uprising” and “Undisclosed Desires.” Dominic introduces a game by hitting his martial toms and Matthew handles his guitar like a synthesizer. The tempo is quick and driven by percussion and implacable monolithic. The melody is entêtante and Bellamy seems to be possessed by his words. We particularly enjoyed the final convulsion, noisy setting. Simple, classic, but effective.

8- I BELONG TO YOU / MON CŒUR S’OUVRE À TA VOIX (5′21)
    Last under “normal” before the final symphony. “I Belong To You” opens with a clever introduction to piano playing mode saloon, which is just put a battery and mechanical outrageously modern. This is certainly the least oppressive piece of the album, thus aerating the whole. A break in the heart of appeal confirms the increasingly strong for Matthew Bellamy vis-à-vis a rock opera that also baroque opera. Then the attack common fatal duo vocals / piano, which inevitably enter the piece in a tragedy which we will never really …

9- EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART I (4′18)
    And finally here is the long-awaited final piece, a symphony of 15 minutes split into 3 movements. This first chapter begins in a purely classical, a moment dark and epic that does not deny the composer John Williams. There by a merger between jubilant games played by a symphony orchestra and modern elements (including drum). A spectacular musical shock shattering all musical barriers.

10- EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART II (3′56)
    Piano, grand architect of this unlikely symphony, continues his work here, making the link with the emergence of a more rock, almost progressive. A successful transition from classical to modern.

11- EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART III (4′37)
    Enchantresses few strings trying to calm the game, but the rise reached here his point of no return. The tempo accelerates inevitably, taking the first battery in its wake, leading to a rise demented lyrics … which stops abruptly before being transformed into a quiet and sad melody of piano. A symphony terribly ambitious gives us perhaps a clue about the future of the group, namely a hybrid orientation even closer to classical music …
    TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 51 Minutes & 56 Seconds

http://www.musebootlegs.com/blog/?p=998

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Anyone else think the intro in Uprising sounds like the Doctor Who theme tune?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I know that was translated from french by probably Google or Babelfish but that was not a review, it was just a long description of the album. I haven't seen a review like that since the Junior Cert :P

I'm worried about the lack of upbeat energetic songs, although the comparison to John Williams has me intrigued.

Daysha wrote: »
    Nice review I found through the official forums.

http://www.musebootlegs.com/blog/?p=998

From that review, it doesn't sound like there's many mental guitar riffs/rock out moments :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Still excited all the same - it'll be ace.

Couldn't disagree more. The best stuff is the heavy stuff. Time is running out, stockholm syndrome, hysteria, the small print etc. It's all good though.
    Why is Hysteria done before in Futurism? I don't see the comparison really.
    Yeah it generally sounds better - The beauty of improvisation. Even if they couldn't get it the same well that's because they don't have a recording studio on stage. I don't mind a bit of production on an album.

Agreed.

Bass is very similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gafc0kE3-V0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

seen them 4 times live and with every release the loose everything i loved about them in the first palce.. that raw screeching sound of teenage anger has been replaced by mediocre upper class suburbia 'opera rock'............

Well they dont actually improv that much., Seen em live4 times now and there wasnt much Improv at all actually there was nothing major except maybe changing a run in piano scale!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Have they stopped their little jamming session in-between songs?

I always found them rather enjoyable.

No they still do that, and other improv....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

Love the new stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Love Uprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ciks

I've heard Uprising and USoE, and so far I'm liking The Resistance. Roll on 14th September...

If anyone wants the new album PM me

You OWE me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If anyone wants the new album PM me

You OWE me :D

Oh you hero. I haven't heard of this yet therefore it hasn't leaked.

Unless you're talking about the fake leak with songs by the band Reckless, but you'd have to be musically braindead to fall for that.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Oh you hero. I haven't heard of this yet therefore it hasn't leaked.

Unless you're talking about the fake leak with songs by the band Reckless, but you'd have to be musically braindead to fall for that.

Yup :(

They got me good, ther b*stards. Downloaded it and posted that before listening to it.

Some people have waaaaaaaaaay yoo much time on their hands :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

I've been looking for a ticket to Muse for months. Let me know if anyone has a spare? :D

jenny2hat wrote: »
    I've been looking for a ticket to Muse for months. Let me know if anyone has a spare? :D

Not sure but Soundcellar on Nassau Street beside Porterhouse Central might still have some seating tickets.

Otherwise join the queue on toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

budgemook wrote: »
    Not sure but Soundcellar on Nassau Street beside Porterhouse Central might still have some seating tickets.

Otherwise join the queue on toutless.com

Well I'll check but I'd really prefer standing.
    Yeah I will thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Must say, Uprising is definitely a grower for me. Knew it'd happen. Loving it more and more now.

I agree but USoE is not.

Just preordered the Deluxe Box Set. You get free DLC too which is pretty cool. This week there is a version of SS in Kuala Lumpur. Amazing stuff

miralize wrote: »
    Just preordered the Deluxe Box Set. You get free DLC too which is pretty cool. This week there is a version of SS in Kuala Lumpur. Amazing stuff

Flash b*stard :D

Just illegally download it on the free like the rest of us - There's a recession ya know?

• Advertisement

Flash b*stard :D

Just illegally download it on the free like the rest of us - There's a recession ya know?

Has to be said though, the deluxe box set is pretty darn cool.

Advertisement