Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Dublin to Armagh?

• 03-07-2009 5:24pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm planning to travel up to Armagh city on Wednesday next, July 8th, to attend a public lecture in the Planetarium. I plan to take public transport from Dublin, but I've checked the bus schedules and apparently I have to travel via Monaghan town and change in Monaghan for a bus to Armagh.

This seems a very long and slow route to take.:( Does anyone know if I could instead take -

1) The train to Newry and get a bus from Newry to Armagh?

2) A bus to Newry and connect to another bus to Armagh?

Finally, how far is the planetarium from the bus depot and centre of the city?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ulsterbus is one option from Newry to Armagh. Check here

Check map for location of bus depot and planetarium

Someone local here may be able to provide more specific details

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi OP

Hope muffler can help you out there. :)

What I can't understand is why it took a month for somebody to get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thought that post was 3/08 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭DenMan

muffler wrote: »
    Thought that post was 3/08 :o

Right....time for you to Mod elsewhere. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I'm terribly late but interested in the planetarium. It's one of the best in Europe apparently?

• Advertisement
Advertisement