Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new megadeth album!!!!!!!

• 30-07-2009 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

has anyone heard the song headcrusher from megadeths new unrealesed album endgame??
    listened to it a few times and must say am mighty impressed,could easily be slipped on to killing is my business,kill em all or ride the lightning(since most of the riffs for those two metallica albums were wrote by mustaine)

as he said himself:
    I realized, "Dave, you're not a guitar player for making songs for the radio. You had a couple of songs that you were successful with the radio, but that ain't your style, come on."

fast heavy riffs,snarling lyrics,pounding drumming,ear damaging bass riffs megadeth have truly gone back to their roots and the beast that is trash metal!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Yes I think it's a great song and I'm really looking forward to End Game being released now. Theres a thread on the song further down the page.
    It is meant to be the best work they have done since Rust in Peace :D

Also Mustaine only contributed to 6 of the 18 songs on KEA and RTL. Only 2 being on RTL.. Just needed to point it out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

Also Mustaine only contributed to 6 of the 18 songs on KEA and RTL. Only 2 being on RTL.. Just needed to point it out :pac:

true my man,but metallica got the break they needed by playing mustaines riffs,:mad:.yeah heard that about it been the best since R.I.P,if its half as good as that masterpiece id be happy:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

metallica got the break they needed by playing mustaines riffs

No, Just no.

I suppose you also believe that he wrote Leper Messiah :rolleyes:
    (and every other good song Metallica have ever made)

and yes it should be a great album by the sounds of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

cant wait for this! Dave Mustaine = God.

And yes he did write most of the riffs on KEA, which was the album that introduced metallica to the world.

• Advertisement

A few songs yes. Less then half the actual album yes.
    Il give him credit though I dont hate the guy. Megadeth are one of my favourite bands. He came up with the classic that is the Mechanix/Four Horsemen and contributed to Phantom Lord.
    But Metallica are not where they are because of him

Dave wrote the mechanix, and co wrote jump in the fire, phantom lord, metal militia, ride the lightning, the call of the ktulu and also (allegedly :P) leper messiah.

Now tell me that metallica dont at least part owe their success to dave :P

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Dave wrote the mechanix, and co wrote jump in the fire, phantom lord, metal militia, ride the lightning, the call of the ktulu and also (allegedly :P) leper messiah.

Yeah I know this. All great songs and il give him credit for what he did with those songs, Except leper Messiah which he had nothing to do with :p

But there are a fair amount of other songs on KEA and RTL which he had no part in. Ride the Lightning is however one of my favourite songs ever :pac:
    Its still not the best on the actual album though.

I just cant agree with the idea that Metallica got their break and are where they are because of Mustaine. Kill Em All had other better songs on it.Which he had no part in and likewise with RTL

And we have already spoken about the Mechanix vs The Four Horsemen so we wont get into that again :pac:

riiiiiight. So mustaine had writing credits on the first two albums of their career, in addition to god knows how many other songs on KEA he had smaller influences that were not acknowleged. I mean, KEA is a completely different sound to every other metallica album. Ive got a copy of a metallica demo album from late 82 i think, which is basicallly KEA, but with mustaine on guitars, and the mechanix instead of the four horsemen. Thus he was in the band when all the songs were written (so im sure he at least played some minor part in other songs for which he is not credited). I dont buy that metallica wouldnt have made it without Dave either, but i do think he played a major part.

Perhaps there should be a major Metallica or Megadeth thread?? :P

No life til Leather?

Im not doubting his influence or what he did for the band. Just I didnt agree with
    most of the riffs for those two metallica albums were wrote by mustaine

Dave obviously played a major part within the band. He has more writing credits to his name then Jason Newsted got and Mustaine was in the band for about 2 years compared to jasons 15.

• Advertisement

No life til Leather?

Im not doubting his influence or what he did for the band. Just I didnt agree with

Dave obviously played a major part within the band. He has more writing credits to his name then Jason Newsted got and Mustaine was in the band for about 2 years compared to jasons 15.
    Think thats part of it, its a compilation of early non-live recordings (mostly no life till leather and Power Metal)

Well i think the riff style change post KEA would show why Dave had written or co written most of it. Anyway - in a way im glad he was kicked out - now we have two great bands, metallica and megadeth!

Exactly. Dave being a dickhead worked out in the end.. as everyone lived happily ever after

Fin

Exactly. Dave Lars being a dickhead worked out in the end.. as everyone lived happily ever after

Fin

FTFY

2qk4bxf.jpg

watch from 3:50
    Lars Ulrich = Legend

FOCK!

and yes this is where i got that picture from :pac:

watch from 3:50
    Lars Ulrich = Legend

FOCK!

and yes this is where i got that picture from :pac:
    LOL

Lars = blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Id watch out, If Lars was to see that bear he wouldnt be too pleased id imagine.

:pac:

and thats me off. Goodluck
    I hope for another Metallica/Megadeth conversation tomorrow haha

• Id watch out, If Lars was to see that bear he wouldnt be too pleased id imagine.

:pac:
    He'd sue ya:pac:

• Advertisement

But Metallica are not where they are because of him

no,metallica are where they are now because they sold themselves out:mad:

haha thanks I needed a good laugh

• no,metallica are where they are now because they sold themselves out:mad:
    You mean the gigs sold out?:pac:

They are both where they are because they make great music, that is all.

no,metallica are where they are now because they sold themselves out:mad:
    No. Just No.

Insert facepalm caption here

haha thanks I needed a good laugh

laugh r not frayed ends metallica have done nothing since m.o.p,a masterpiece,even if mustaine didnt have any influence on that album.to be honest i think metallicas soul and drive died on that tragic night when cliff burton died,if he had of just taking the other bed instead of bickering hammett for the one that cost him his life metallica woulda of went a diff direction,and metallica wud be a better band without hammett,all he does is waffle his way through guitar solos with his wah wah pedal,no structure to them.mustaine is a way superior guitar player!!!!!

laugh r not frayed ends metallica have done nothing since m.o.p,a masterpiece,even if mustaine didnt have any influence on that album.to be honest i think metallicas soul and drive died on that tragic night when cliff burton died,if he had of just taking the other bed instead of bickering hammett for the one that cost him his life metallica woulda of went a diff direction,and metallica wud be a better band without hammett,all he does is waffle his way through guitar solos with his wah wah pedal,no structure to them.mustaine is a way superior guitar player!!!!!
    After struggling to read through this..

They did change direction, but this doesnt equal selling out.
    CLiff wasnt bickering hammett, its well known he won a game of cards for the top bunk.
    Mustaine is a superior guitar player, but i like kirks work in MOP and AJFA.. and also a couple of the load songs.

No. Just No.

Insert facepalm caption here
    nows the time
    blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

I agree with what Maxpower said including Mustaine being a better guitarist.

A lot of Kirks solos are brilliant and Metallica are a better band for having him with them.

but wait are you Dave Mustaine?

You seem to hate Metallica and mainly Hammett haha

CLiff wasnt bickering hammett, its well known he won a game of cards for the top bunk.

AFTER the all the bickering it was decided it should be resolved by a game of cards.

AFTER the all the bickering it was decided it should be resolved by a game of cards.

So yes there was an agrument about it but Cliff wanted the bunk. and for **** sake why are we even talking about this haha. Its fair stupid

• Advertisement

Why are we talking about this here? This is about the new megadeth album!!

Theres a brand spanking new metallica vs megadeth thread started yesterday!

Advertisement