Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That cheap berlin chair at viking is back.

• 20-07-2009 10:56am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/search.do?Ntt=fd7-978405

978405_sk_lg.jpg

€39.99. It excludes vat and delivery (I think delivery is a fiver but when you spend over a certain amount it's free) but it's still a great price for it. They're absolutely great chairs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/search.do?Ntt=fd7-978405

€39.99. It excludes vat and delivery (I think delivery is a fiver but when you spend over a certain amount it's free) but it's still a great price for it. They're absolutely great chairs.

Agreed. I got one first time around and it's still going strong. It's comfy and well built. You can't knock it at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was waiting for this offer to come back..

.. but bought this in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nice! our chair at work is buggered so this will be a nice replacement. How long does delivery from those guys take usually?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nice! our chair at work is buggered so this will be a nice replacement. How long does delivery from those guys take usually?
    Mine took a few days I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

won't take laser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I have one of these in Kinsealy (near Swords). It is in perfect condition.

It is free for anyone who can collect it.

EDIT: This has now been collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I got these at 29.99 in January of this year from Viking.

It might have been a first time order or something.

Q81-978405 29.99 2 0 59.98

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smilerterry

randomer wrote: »

I'm interested, sent pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

How do you handle the fact that your supposed to be a company to order off viking direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

THey don't mind. Just put in your name as the company name.

Got loads of stuff off them over the past few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

cronos wrote: »
    How do you handle the fact that your supposed to be a company to order off viking direct?

I just ignored that bit and filled in my name and address as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Surprisingly sturdy chair for that price. I got it for my daughter (I get a hard kitchen chair) so it's got a fair bit of battering (used as a fairground ride usually, rather than a chair) and it's still as good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

RLJ wrote: »
    won't take laser?

yeah wonder why not like ,

Mine was delivered this morning and I'm sitting in it as I tyoe now. It was delivered in less than 48 hours. Took about 20 mins to assemble and I have to say I'm really impressed. I expected it to be quite plasticy but it's not at all. It's sturdy with strong metal armrests (I wouldn't recommend standing on it though). 50 odd euro for a decent quality, leather office chair is great value. Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roy3

randomer wrote: »

if the first person falls through, i'd be interested in picking up the chair. you might let me know if so, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

roy3 wrote: »
    if the first person falls through, i'd be interested in picking up the chair. you might let me know if so, thanks

Sorry, this has now been collected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chuckchuck

Thanks for that being waiting for a good deal on this type of chair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

Cheers almightycushion, Girlfriend ordered hers yesterday, arrived today. means she has a comfy chair to study in.....while i play xbox. excellent.

I take this to the check out and shiping is 5 euro extra. Which is understandable.

VAT is another 10 euro though so the final cost says 55 euro. Is this correct?
    Should I have said something different when I signed up? I have not ordered yet?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I take this to the check out and shiping is 5 euro extra. Which is understandable.

VAT is another 10 euro though so the final cost says 55 euro. Is this correct?
    Should I have said something different when I signed up? I have not ordered yet?

Yup that's correct. The price I posted up doesn't include vat or shipping.

• Advertisement

Yup that's correct. The price I posted up doesn't include vat or shipping.

I see that in your post now. Feck my speed reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Available in cream for an extra €10: http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?pr=QD7&id=979130

There use to be free delivery on your first order with Viking, I'm not sure if that's still available.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Bought one of those a few months ago. Wanted it delivered to another address and everything went perfect.
    Even got a call back because they wanted to sent me some free printer paper because it was my first order with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

I just got one of these. Delivery was quick. The assembly was straightforward and it's very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Mine was delivered yesterday. It's a very good chair.

Jako8 wrote: »
    Mine was delivered yesterday. It's a very good chair.

when did you order yours out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Best chair I've ever had, got it when it was first on here, still going strong!

Make sure to tick the "Don't send me ****" box though, I get new Viking Direct catalogs every few weeks!

Mine came today. It had everything with it... but I cant seem to find the long screws that are supposed to come with it. I have the little silver things that cover the screws... the little silver cap things.

Anyone know where in the box they should be incase I am just looking in the wrong place. Hope I dont have to contact them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Old Jim

Mine came today. It had everything with it... but I cant seem to find the long screws that are supposed to come with it. I have the little silver things that cover the screws... the little silver cap things.

Anyone know where in the box they should be incase I am just looking in the wrong place. Hope I dont have to contact them about it.

Have a look to see if they are screwed into the actual seat itself. I spent a while looking for them too before I read the manual where it says they could be in the chair!

Advertisement