Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Boy Racer" Crackdown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cpoh1

karlog wrote: »
    .............:confused:

I dont think i have ever had trouble sleeping, whether its cars outside, neighbours fighting or the missus snoring or coming home after a few too many! I would suggest you have a sleep problem or else you are making it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hehe m8, which country you talking about? Its defenetly not ireland... Goverment actually whants to improve something?...

Defenetly not ireland m8 :(.

They will make 10 stupid laws and them by accident they will make 1 good one...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cpoh1 wrote: »
    I dont think i have ever had trouble sleeping, whether its cars outside, neighbours fighting or the missus snoring or coming home after a few too many! I would suggest you have a sleep problem or else you are making it up?

jesus

you think we're all modelled the same :confused:

everyones different

Headshot wrote: »
    jesus

everyones different

If you are "special".. So it means all athers just have to bend over and take it in?

If you are "special".. So it means all athers just have to bend over and take it in?

BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

where did i say I was special

my local town have awful trouble with boy racers,keeping alot of people awake at night and on the local main road they do their doughnuts and speed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Am starting to raise an eyebrow to this 'men are worse drivers, they should pay massive insurance premiums' stuff going on at the moment and I've got a website ready to go which deals with this issue.

I'm going to write to papers and radio stations also.

If anyone would like to contribute in any way, send me a PM.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jesus

everyones different

and its for this exact reason why you shouldnt be bothered what other people put on their cars. as long as its legit, road leagal and everythings above board, get over it.

each to their own and all that, im sure people dont slate you for driving a boring punto, or boring 3 series, or crappy boring peugeot etc etc

kceire wrote: »
    and its for this exact reason why you shouldnt be bothered what other people put on their cars. as long as its legit, road leagal and everythings above board, get over it.

each to their own and all that, im sure people dont slate you for driving a boring punto, or boring 3 series, or crappy boring peugeot etc etc

noise pollution and all

and I drive a golf if you must know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

It wont be legit or road legal for long....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

funkyflea wrote: »
    Am starting to raise an eyebrow to this 'men are worse drivers, they should pay massive insurance premiums' stuff going on at the moment and I've got a website ready to go which deals with this issue.

I'm going to write to papers and radio stations also.

If anyone would like to contribute in any way, send me a PM.

Im ****ing sick of It too.

Why dont they apply the same idea and target ****wit women in SUVs?

• Advertisement

and I drive a golf if you must know

i think they should ban VW golfs for being ugly, but thats my opinion! i dont go on ranting and raving about what others do to their cars.

i think they should ban VW golfs for being ugly, but thats my opinion! i dont go on ranting and raving about what others do to their cars.

so if their doing doughnuts on the roads and racing
    basically being a danger to the public

nothing wrong with that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

They should ban Golfs for , being consistanley, the only car that *HAS* to undertake on the inside bus lane , cut you up, then proceed to slow down to 50kmph in a 60.

Every.****ing.Time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

+1

All this now is just talking a piss... 80db is not alot at all!

Well...if you consider that the sound intensity has to DOUBLE for the amount of db to increase by 3...

The decibel scale is used to represent a large range of sounds on a small scale. Every +3db on the scale represents the sound intensity doubling. So... If you're running at 77db 3.5k revs measured 1 metre from the car, the sound coming from it has to double before you hit 80db

Taking the piss? Maybe....maybe not so much.

Funnily enough though, looks like my Sennheiser headphones for my iPhone can output 106db... :eek:

thats a different argument, its those idiots that should be put off the roads.

you can do donut with stock exhoust same way as you would do with modified....

you can be dangeriuos on road with stock and non-stock.

Listen what we trying to say.

If one muppet crashed with modified exhoust, it does not mean that all moders drive like that. And this low will slam that 1 bastord that diserve it and 99 which not!

thats a different argument, its those idiots that should be put off the roads.

those idiots are the ones with the loud exhaust from what iv seen

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

I was in a car with my sister who had tinted windows one night, it was raining I could hardly see a thing, I thought it was crazy but she said she was just used to it.

90% of "boyracer" cars are front wheel drive and incapable of doing donuts. Basically being a danger to the public accounts for very little road deaths each year.

Concentrate on the bigger picture and lighten up a little. Life is too short to get all upset about a few young fellas being young and impresionable. I wouldnt be caught dead in ripped jeans and a pink tight t-shirt but thats young fellas for you! If you were really interested in road safety instead of having a bitter rant this wouldnt be an issue for you.

And i agree with kceire, golfs are horrible contraptions, puke to look at and boring to drive. Driven mostly by people with no road manners. Thats just my opinion though.

And i agree with kceire, golfs are horrible contraptions, puke to look at and boring to drive. Driven mostly by people with no road manners. Thats just my opinion though.

That's as much a generalisation as saying all boyracers are dangerous

• Advertisement

90% of "boyracer" cars are front wheel drive and incapable of doing donuts. Basically being a danger to the public accounts for very little road deaths each year.

Concentrate on the bigger picture and lighten up a little. Life is too short to get all upset about a few young fellas being young and impresionable. I wouldnt be caught dead in ripped jeans and a pink tight t-shirt but thats young fellas for you! If you were really interested in road safety instead of having a bitter rant this wouldnt be an issue for you.

im trying to find an artical about boy racing in cashel but at the moment it escapes me

basically iirc they built a big speed bump and in the middle of town because of the boy racer problems and even still they were having trouble so they had to raise the bump

there was out cry in the town of the trouble

and leave my golf out of this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

those idiots are the ones with the loud exhaust from what iv seen

Just because they have loud exhausts doesn't mean everyone with a loud exhaust goes out and does doughnuts

draffodx wrote: »
    Just because they have loud exhausts doesn't mean everyone with a loud exhaust goes out and does doughnuts

ill give ya that

Arathorn wrote: »
    That's as much a generalisation as saying all boyracers are dangerous

Lesson 1: How to read sarcasm!

Lesson 1: How to read sarcasm!

Lesson 2: Sarcasm is supposed to be funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

draffodx wrote: »

There very loud though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

about f*cking time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

90% of "boyracer" cars are front wheel drive and incapable of doing donuts.

Who's doin all the donuts then?

The proper enthusiast modder rear wheel drive cars?

You show me a car doing a donut, i'll show you a car with a stupid fat pipe for an exhaust.

All the same imo.

ill give ya that

AWEOSME! We doing progress!

Seriuosly m8? how old are you? ( not in bad way )

You were young aswell once, Men Do love Noisy stuff, and specially when we young! ;) ( like somebody mentioned that just now )

On the ather topic... This does smell like discrimination now... Theres alot more men on the roads, so alot more men getting involved in accidents. How many van drives out there? Which part of them are female?

example:

I was 21 then, full EU driving license for 3 years ( i went to proper driving school for it 4 months, drove 20+ hours with instructor, 3 times per weak theory lessons)

the girl (24) i know: she just passed her theory test, got supervision driving license. No driving exp.

1.4 car, insurance:

me 4800eu
    her 900eu

Even now i newer had any accidents. and when she started to drive, i was affraid to sit with her in the same car!

So now its getting even worse! Maybe we all should just die out? whould be safer?

I actually got really really pissed of when i hear that thing on the radio! " dont sit in to same car with a male! HE WILL KILL YOU!"...

• Advertisement

AWEOSME! We doing progress!

Seriuosly m8? how old are you? ( not in bad way )

You were young aswell once, Men Do love Noisy stuff, and specially when we young! ;) ( like somebody mentioned that just now )

can i just say learn to type right

it's hard to read your posts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement