Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

• 07-07-2009 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Does anyone know of any of the closed stores re-opening in Sligo and surrounds. ANY good news storys like new factories, jobs, innovations etc. You get the idea. NO BAD NEWS PLEASE! only positive vibes.:):):):):):) NO GEORGE LEE'S!:( Try your best.... PLEASE!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭daveboy01

OK here's my attempt to be positive:)... from the weekender website:

Good news for Sligo shoppers

THREE major high street UK retailers could be coming to Johnston Court Shopping Centre, Sligo in the coming months.

Advanced talks are underway between Johnston Court management and the three top UK stores.

“We are talking to some major players on the UK High Street. Though we can’t say who they are just yet. These retailers will all be excellent news for Sligo shoppers,” said a spokesperson for Johnston’s Court.

Meanwhile the Sony Centre in Johnston Court has shut but is due to reopen again in five weeks time under a new franchisee.

“Sony Ireland are very much committed to Sligo and to Johnston’s Court and will be relaunching the existing store under new management in the coming weeks.”

Pulse Accessories, located at High Street Sligo are to close their High Street unit and will instead reopen a bigger Pulse Accessories unit at Johnson’s Court.

Tom Tailor the German casual clothing brand, has closed all of its Irish shops including its store at Johnston’s Court, Sligo.

The brand’s Irish stores are part of the Ark Retail group, which has gone into liquidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm hoping one of the three UK stores is Marks and Spencer....I can just see them open a food hall where Zavvi used to be....here's hoping.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Does anyone know what supermarket will be opening in the quayside? there are sign saying somthing about that. Hope it will be M&S for you magnumlady;) for me I hope it is supervalue or even a aldi!!

ps jabby you already have 63 viewings!!

I reckon it'll be a supervalu in the Quayside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'd say a SuperValu or Centra or something along those lines. Would also love a M&S in Sligo, it would bring so much more to the town as a lot of people seem to go to a town with M&S in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Arramount, now Oxmount Collooney.
    Sligo Kitchens re-located from Market Yard to Collooney
    Sligo Freeze Chill opened last month Collooney, fecking huge place.
    Supermacs opening in Excol, Castlebaldwin
    Palatine Transport moving to Mangans old place in Collooney
    Sligo Windscreens relocated to Old Dublin Rd Business Park
    Feehilys opened 2nd place at Old Dublin Rd Business Park

What is Sligo Freeze Chill, a place selling white goods?

I was baffled when I saw a sign saying Supermacs was opening in Castlebaldwin when I was driving through it a few days ago. I'm sure it will do well :)

bobcar61 wrote: »
    What is Sligo Freeze Chill, a place selling white goods?
    It's a storage/collection depot for frozen products and a major distribution point. The building is gi-normous, with 8 loading bays for Haulage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Culchie wrote: »
    It's a storage/collection depot for frozen products and a major distribution point. The building is gi-normous, with 8 loading bays for Haulage.

Fair play to you all ....Everyone knows the precarious position we are in but a bit more positivity just like what you are doing here is great...keep it up folks:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

Does anyone know what supermarket will be opening in the quayside? for me I hope it is supervalue or even a aldi!!

ps jabby you already have 63 viewings!!

It won't be Aldi, they don't do shopping centre units. I've heard it's supposed to be M&S, but havn't heard any timeframe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Id be sooo happy if they open Mars and Spencer in Johnston Court! That would make my day!:D But otherwise there is not enough car parking spaces! Like today... I wanted to go and do some shopping in Tesco and town in general! You could not get a space at all which really pisses me off!:mad:

Janine87 wrote: »
    Id be sooo happy if they open Mars and Spencer in Johnston Court! That would make my day!:D But otherwise there is not enough car parking spaces! Like today... I wanted to go and do some shopping in Tesco and town in general! You could not get a space at all which really pisses me off!:mad:

please please please don't start this again!!!

lol where's jimmmy:rolleyes:

Tell me more about this chill place.....I'm a bit thick. Is it just for companys? Not like some Iceland or something....I was starting to get excited there for a minute (I need a life:D)

Supermacs in Castlebaldwin....really? Why didn't we get one in Sligo?

magnumlady wrote: »

Tell me more about this chill place.....I'm a bit thick. Is it just for companys? Not like some Iceland or something....I was starting to get excited there for a minute (I need a life:D)

It's a big fridge... they will use it to transport and store frozen foods in between journeys I'm sure ... not open to public.

Supermacs .... good idea I think...food on the run.

Thanks Culchie.....shame it's not open to the public.

it would bumb up this thread if jimmmmmy came and start al over again!:D
    +1 for supermacs!! maybe at cararoe, doh, o no I didn't say that did I??

AlmightyCushion mentioned a new restaurant opening in the other thread, anyone heard anything about that?

it would bumb up this thread if jimmmmmy came and start al over again!:D
    +1 for supermacs!! maybe at cararoe, doh, o no I didn't say that did I??

AlmightyCushion mentioned a new restaurant opening in the other thread, anyone heard anything about that?

Don't know of the restaurant, maybe Supermacs?..I know of quite an innovative food project happening at the moment but not at liberty to say just yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't know of the restaurant, maybe Supermacs?..I know of quite an innovative food project happening at the moment but not at liberty to say just yet.
    No she was printing up menus for tonights opening.

There is a new place opening in Strandhill where Triskel was beside the Jade Garden Chinese above the Strand bar.
    I think it's a seafood/steakhouse restaurant. Do you know what was on the menu AlmightyCushion?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bobcar61 wrote: »
    There is a new place opening in Strandhill where Triskel was beside the Jade Garden Chinese above the Strand bar.
    I think it's a seafood/steakhouse restaurant. Do you know what was on the menu AlmightyCushion?

Not a notion. I didn't even wish her luck with it, I felt a bit of a bastard when I realised that. It's only because I was hungover though. In case you're reading this printer lady who is opening a new restaurant tonight, best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

I know of quite an innovative food project happening at the moment but not at liberty to say just yet.

Tell us when you can!! Always interested in anything to do with food!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Apparently Kevin the former manager of Instore said they were hoping to come back to Sligo to a different location, also Cost plus sofas are coming at the end of July and also Heatons are meant to be opening in Castle street.

jazyguy wrote: »
    Apparently Kevin the former manager of Instore said they were hoping to come back to Sligo to a different location, also Cost plus sofas are coming at the end of July and also Heatons are meant to be opening in Castle street.

How long ago did we hear the rumour of Heatons on Castle Street, although it has not been mentioned in a long time. Now that the development there is taking shape it might just happen....lets hope it does :)

Where are Cost plus sofas meant to be opening?

Start what again?:confused:

I'm hoping one of the three UK stores is Marks and Spencer....I can just see them open a food hall where Zavvi used to be....here's hoping.:D

Hope its Hmv,hope its Hmv,please,please!!!:)

Start what again?:confused:

we had endless discusions about the parking at tesco etc in lots of threads. (well 3 or so, but they went on and on and on and on)

Not ment to you personaly but in general.

if you would like to read about it there is a whole bit in the stores closing bit (I think)

we had endless discusions about the parking at tesco etc in lots of threads. (well 3 or so, but they went on and on and on and on)

Not ment to you personaly but in general.

if you would like to read about it there is a whole bit in the stores closing bit (I think)

Oh okay sorry. I didnt know that! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Im not sure where Cost plus are going, but when they opened in Carrickmines they took over the old Classic Furniture shop. Some department store are advertising for staff for their new store in Sligo and I think its meant to be Heatons.

Oh okay sorry. I didnt know that! :(

No worries only very sad people know all the posts in the sligo bit.;)

Yes I'm probaly 1 of them!:D

• Advertisement

haha no dont worry about it! :D

Anyway. the stores I would love to see in Sligo are "Marks and Spencers", "HMV"...

Advertisement