Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford north quays

• 14-10-2002 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

What do people think of the plans for the redevelopment of Waterford's north quays? I've seen a picture in the irish times of the winning design and it looks really good; though the coverage was still pretty bad for something as big as this.

Anyway I'm sure the local papers will have it all in a few days.

merlante

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭frea

Here is the OPW site for the WATERFORD NORTH QUAYS

I think that thisis good, if a long time overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Originally posted by frea
    Here is the OPW site for the WATERFORD NORTH QUAYS

I think that thisis good, if a long time overdue.

Is that for a new hotel or restaurant??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

At last! Now they've chosen a company to design the thing it'll only take 20 years to complete....Its been an age since the plans were first announced and I was starting to view the North Quay development like the 2nd river crossing. Promises, promises!

The whole thing is meant to be about a Km long, and it'll certainly bring much needed life the Ferrybank. I like the
    east bridge idea but won't it have to lift?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 quive

you can see the winners and the best entrys this week till 9pm at WIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ Elianna Fat Gelatin

yeah.....the plans were on display in the WIT....and a lot of them are very impressive...

(one has a second bridge connecting from a round-about at the tower hotel across to the north side)

hopefully money isnt a factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

You'd have to assume that since Waterford was shafted for so long due to the lack of a senior minister in favour of other places, now that we have one, things will go according to plan.

In any case I think it will go ahead since it's been going smoothly so far and there is a lot of hooha about it, that the second crossing never got. Speaking of which it looks like even the second river crossing might happen in the near future, though with all these cuts...

merlante

Advertisement