Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Going to the Saturday U2 concert and was wondering if anyone knows if a concert bus is running to the gig. I would be getting on at Castledermot (carlow) and returning after the concert. Looking for 4 seats.

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Heading up myself. Bit the bullet this time, paid 50 dollars to U2.com for the right to buy the tickets on a pre-sale. Anyways, the last time i was there i was in the upper tier of the canal. It wasn't bad, most people stood up for the gig so the athmosphere was good. But you are a good distance back from the stage and there is a massive void on the pitch at the back as the crowd moves up to the stage. This time round its a rotating stage i think so the canal or hogan stands at the sides should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 finbarrburns

We're also looking to travel by bus to the gig (the Monday night one). We're traveling from Cork. Anybody hear of any buses going?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Any idea on playlists for the tour? I'd like to hear a few tracks that they haven't played live for a while. For example 'Stay', 'Acrobat'. Also I'd like them to give Beautiful Day and Elevation a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

qwert2 wrote: »
    Any idea on playlists for the tour? I'd like to hear a few tracks that they haven't played live for a while. For example 'Stay', 'Acrobat'. Also I'd like them to give Beautiful Day and Elevation a rest

Here is a link to what they are supposed to be rehearsing.

Some old and new - nice to see Unforgettable Fire for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Interesting indeed..would be great to hear Unforgettable Fire, Drowning Man and MLK after all these years.

Surprised Fez isnt on the list. Of all the songs on NLOTH I thought that would be epic live.

Still waiting for "Like a song" and "A day without me"...ah well maybe next time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Standing all the way... was unfortunate my self to get upper Hogan this time as standing were sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Oh I cant wait for this after seeing theese.
    http://www.telefonica.net/web2/u2barcelona/u2barcelona_e.htm
    This is going to be my first 2 gigs ( going friday and Saturday :D ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

afatbollix wrote: »
    they wont sell beer at soccer matches some thing about the hooligans...

Ya cause Irelands ole ole brigade are known trouble makers :rolleyes:
    Its madness but there ya go. In the Cusack Lower for the Friday gig (halfway line about 3/4 of the way up) got the tickets for face value on ebay, good few on sale there if you have the time to go through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

afatbollix wrote: »
    they wont sell beer at soccer matches some thing about the hooligans... concerts will be grand.. the beer will be flowing..

Hi Buddy!
    A few of us are going to U2 and was wondering are the bars all day and are the waits crazy to get to the bar?
    As a 2 timer you should know all the details!!!!:D

DRINK!DRINK!DRINK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Heading over on Tuesday to see the opening night which can sometimes be fairly dodgy regardless of who the band is.

Looking at aerial pics of The Claw online, looks to be something else alright. The setlists are going to surprise people with some of their inclusions if the one's getting published online turn out to be true. Only fans of long standing would know Drowning Man or Seconds let alone have ever seen them played live.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭techman

I understood that the stage will be at the Hill 16 end but I see in today's Indo it's going to be at the Canal End.

Is this correct?

I bought my tickets to be nearer the Hill 16 end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

According to todays Independent the stage will be on the canal end side of the pitch. Canal End seats would be great if thats the case.
    Edit: too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭techman

At the time of buying tickets on Ticketmaster, the seating plan shows the stage at the Hill 16 end.

They should not be allowed to change the location of the stage AFTER tickets have been purchased.

This is misleading. The pricing they used showed the Canal End tickets as being cheaper.

This is not on!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

techman wrote: »
    At the time of buying tickets on Ticketmaster, the seating plan shows the stage at the Hill 16 end.

They should not be allowed to change the location of the stage AFTER tickets have been purchased.

This is misleading. The pricing they used showed the Canal End tickets as being cheaper.

This is not on!

is this not a mistake by the indo by any chace?
    It is a bit of a disgrace if it has changed alright

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

It whiffs of a mistake by the Indo, there's what resemble architect's drawings on the U2 website that has the stage at the Hill end but further up the pitch that Ticketmaster are showing.

You can check it out here

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Anyone know what the story is with getting close to the stage...In 2005 didn't they scan your tickets to see whether you got up to the stage??
    Will there be many people queueing for hours too to get close?? I am going on Saturday and am planning on queuein from early! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭gucci

I visited Camp Nou last week, and the U2 360 stage was set up for the up coming gigs, the stage looks amazing. Its out of this world in every sense of the words, its looks like an alien craft, and is so outrageously over the top! Hope the gig is half as good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mr.S wrote: »
    I don't even like u2 and i'm going just for the atmosphere/stage show :pac:

If i had a euro for everyone who didnt like them but went to see them live and got converted id be very rich indeed.
    Love them or hate them they are awesome live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Stage looks awesome in the papers today, getting excited! Will the shape make it hard to see if youre on tiered seating though and youre looking down on it?

Just checked out a few youtube vids from last nights show and it looks awesome.
    Most vids are of poor sound quality,one or two are decent.
    I reckon later on in the day we will see more crop up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 paul0623

looking forward to the gigs, goin fri/sat. but they need to lay of the politics its a bit much at times. any sign of bad been played on this tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

From looking at the Barcelona pics it appears that all four sides of the stadium are full. As far as i know Hill 16 wont be used in Dublin. Anybody else think it will look ridiculous with the 360 stage and the Hill completly empty.

Anybody know why they are not using the Hill while every other stadium in Europe they are touring in appears to be using their 4 stands as opposed to just the Cusack, Canal and Hogan in Dublin

safety would not allow standing on the hill 4 a gig.we dont have a stadium that big with 4 seated sides in this country. there is no need for the 360 stage in croker

paul0623 wrote: »
    there is no need for the 360 stage in croker

So what do you expect? to have a totally different stage for croker?
    The claw as some have christened it is THE STAGE for all the tour,all shows are massive outdoor arenas.

According to Dave Fanning on 2fm yesterday it takes 90 trucks to ship around, the second stage is being built in Belgium as we speak and a third will be constructed after that so as the tour evolves there will be 3 Claws with 90 trucks each on the road.
    Fanning also said the tour will possibly go on till late 2010,how true that is i dont know but fanning is usually on the ball with U2.

Lots of videos popping up now on youtube, heres the intro one from near the stage, man the thing is massive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9Q4sVlYlM

and possibly my favourite U2 track live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJa-2IpoXU&feature=channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Thats a load of ****e, only in Ireland would you get that. They have easily put seats on the Hill like they have done for many soccer internationals. It wouldn't suprise me if they have actually moved the stage down to the Canal End. Going to look an absolute joke with the Hill empty

stage will still be them same, bar a few changes to cover the hill been empthy.
    the tour is to go on next year,takein in south america, japan and oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Could possibly be removed soon, cant wait to see them in croke park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Thats a load of ****e, only in Ireland would you get that. They have easily put seats on the Hill like they have done for many soccer internationals. It wouldn't suprise me if they have actually moved the stage down to the Canal End. Going to look an absolute joke with the Hill empty

It will look very odd indeed.
    I remember for the last tour the GAA wouldnt allow the stage to be built on the pitch so it had to be built on Hill 16.
    I suspect this isnt the case this time,otherwise it will be preposterous.

Advertisement