Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AC/DC Punchestown 28/06/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

Couldnt Thin Lizzy have got a stand in drummer for the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

deisedude wrote: »
    Couldnt Thin Lizzy have got a stand in drummer for the gig?
    They could just pay someone to program a drum machine with Thin Lizzys greatest hits.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sensible

nwoicr wrote: »
    The Blizzards at AC/DC?????

Surely MCD can do better than that. What about all the Irish rock bands Glyder, Million Dollar Reload, Jaded Sun, Pat Mc Manus?

All these bands are touring outside of Ireland but cannot get a decent billing in Ireland.

Pat McManus would be ideal for the spot + he's has the experience of playing in front of massive crowds from his days playing with the MAMA'S BOYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

MIP wrote: »
    According to the MCD website (http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4057922&ar=ac/dc&cat=all):

"A shuttle bus service will operate between Naas and the Punchestown Site over the course of the day. Buses will travel from site to Naas town centre via the R411 (Ballymore Eustace Road) through the town centre to the Drop Off / Pick Up Point at Kavanagh's Public House, Naas."

I was planning on using this. It appears to be free, has anyone used it previously?

Nice one taught this was only for Oxegen, but yes I have tried and got to Punchestown no bother for free. Does anyone know any places to stay like a B&B near the venue? Or can you camp out anywhere? Will be coming all the way from Monaghan. Also will there be lots of traffic if leaving Monaghan at about 1pm?

Aswell with the argument about The Blizzards I like them so hopefully that will mean I get to front row while all the others are drinking and nowhere near the stage :D. Happy days on my part front row of AC/DC will be good (probably won't get near it as I was way back for Metallica in Marlay Park) Going to be a good night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So no Thin Lizzy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Yet again MCD show a total apathy towards their punters, the blizzzards good luck to them but not their crowd.
    I could think of a dozen bands who would have played for free and play rock.

WOnder what they owed the blizzards that this pays off.....

F**kers.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Yea pat mcmanus wud b great there!!!!!!!!!!
    I think of all bands day cud hav chosen, why a indy one?????? makes no sense!!!!!!!!

the ultimate one would be Airbourne!!!!!!!!! wud make the ultimate mix!!!! since ac/dc are big influences in their music..

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Anyone thinking of using the park and ride from goffs? I think that could be the best option for those of us who are driving.

Was gonna drive to punchestown but dont fancy paying 30 bucks to park my car (coming from Donegal on my own + meeting mates from Cork/Dublin inside). I heard that busses will be given priority when leaving the venue as well. Couldnt get Monday off so I have get back to Donegal straight after :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

What a terrible replacement for a DC concert!!!! they should just have given the answer(irelands best rock band) a full slot, and also i cant believe the answer are gonna be playin b4 them the blizzards shud be shuvling their crap! MCD must be v blind if they cant see th answer a hard rock band shud be playing after these pop boys as warm up for an Ac/Dc gig!!!

Catmologen wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of using the park and ride from goffs? I think that could be the best option for those of us who are driving.

Was gonna drive to punchestown but dont fancy paying 30 bucks to park my car (coming from Donegal on my own + meeting mates from Cork/Dublin inside). I heard that busses will be given priority when leaving the venue as well. Couldnt get Monday off so I have get back to Donegal straight after :mad:
    on the ticket master site the carpark tickets are sold out well when i tried they were so goffs it is... hope it dosent fill up fast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I find it funny that Lizzy can replace their singer/bassist but not their drummer ;)

i was delighted when i heard they were playing and everything... they better be playing metallica!!! but blizzards???? honestly??? wheres the logic?????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

AHHH!!

No Thin Lizzy!

Was disgusted when I heard that! Oh well..

The BLizzards certainly won't fit in anyway!

playing something like that after the answer is a bit of a joke.... seriously mcd, stop joking....please:(

sorry dont know how to link youtube in this.... eres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjXWm_n4Ak

Just for anyone thinking of giving The Answer a miss, You will really regret it! I saw them with Ac/Dc at the O2 and they absolutely held their own and seemed like they should be on the same stage as ac/dc in front of 70,000 every night.Modern day rock gods!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i seen The Answer when they supported the Who 2 years back and they were pretty good and have been dying to see them since . MCD make sure you have the running order as

The Blizzards
    The Answer
    ACDC

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnnyjj

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I URGE EVERYONE GET ONTO MCD.IE AND COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAI. NO DOUBT THEY WONT CHANGE THE SUPPORT BUT WHAT AN INSULT TO ROCK FANS TO HAVE THE ANSWER SUPPORT THE BLIZZARDS, RESPECT LADS BUT YE JUST DONT FIT THE BILL, I PAYED FOR A GOOD DAY OF ROCK. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE WE HAVE FROM NOW TIL SUNDAY, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN. IM GETTIN JOE DUFFY ON BOARD TOMORROW SERIOUSLY THIS IS SOOOO WRONG. MCD LISTEN TO YOUR PAYING PUNTERS:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

well i have already sent in my complaint not expecting anything to happen but surely they shud consider to put the pop band b4 the answer, a band with actual talent its just pure disrespect to put the blizzards after them just because they are more popular here, the answer are far more popular than them throughout the world and have been main support for all of the ac/dc tour. It just goes to show the state of music in this country its upside down.

Yea i seen The Answer when they supported the Who 2 years back and they were pretty good and have been dying to see them since . MCD make sure you have the running order as

The Blizzards
    The Answer
    ACDC

Just to let you know The Answer are playing The Academy in dublin on the 12th of december shud be an awsome gig tickets are at the miniscual price of 17 euro, people paid 100 euro to see that miming britney one so i say bargain!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I was planning on missing Lizzy because they're ****e. This changes my plans not one jot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

dear god. blizzards are gonna get a whole whole lot of abuse. feel bad for them, their management deserve to be shot for signing them up to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Wow, talk about sheer incompetance by MCD:eek:

I predict two things during the Blizzards set.
    1. Absolute chaos at the bars/entry points.
    2. A Somme-like barrage of bottles, coins and other general debris raining down on the poor lads in the band.

I believe that MCD play a significant role in the management of the Blizzards*

*this is based on the contact details on their myspace

http://www.drop-d.ie/archives/5181 check that out!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

"It’s gonna be a great laugh, obviously someone behind the gig wants the Blizzards massacred."
    "AC/DC fans have released a statement….
    “We’d be quite appy to kill those morons. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

No matter how bad they are, bottling/throwing coins etc is stupid, ignorant and immature.

I've heard all the stories about bands like Lostprophets when supporting Metallica. Why do metal fans seem to deem that sort of behaviour ok? Yes, they're awful, but I've suffered through scores of awful support bands, never felt the urge to throw ****. It's so childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The ****ing blizzards - excuse the french!

So gutted now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was planning on missing Lizzy because they're ****e. This changes my plans not one jot.

You sir are a C U Next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Funny how the blizzards are dismissed as cheesy pop, but Lizzy without Phil are considered a rock band. Phil was the only good thing Lizzy had going. And whoever thinks that bottling the support act is acceptable is a total cnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MIP

Nice one taught this was only for Oxegen, but yes I have tried and got to Punchestown no bother for free. Does anyone know any places to stay like a B&B near the venue? Or can you camp out anywhere? Will be coming all the way from Monaghan. Also will there be lots of traffic if leaving Monaghan at about 1pm?

Aswell with the argument about The Blizzards I like them so hopefully that will mean I get to front row while all the others are drinking and nowhere near the stage :D. Happy days on my part front row of AC/DC will be good (probably won't get near it as I was way back for Metallica in Marlay Park) Going to be a good night though.

List of accommodation on the racecourse website (http://www.punchestown.com/racecourse/accommodation.asp) but don't know any more than that. The MCD wesbite says no camping allowed for this gig and I see some other posters saying you'll be moved along if you try anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 johnnyjj

www.mcd.ie let em know what ye all think.

Advertisement