Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown 28/06/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Thumbs_Down

It's on MCd.ie now but I read it on Last.fm on the event page. Someone knew anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

Great thumbsdown, I see it there on their site now. Thanks! :D

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Can't wait for this one either! AC/DC on the Sunday then off to Werchter the following Wednesday.

It's gonna be a good week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

Cant wait for this. all except my mother going. Myself, dad and the 3 bro's, youngest is 11. Gonna be a good day out. Coming from Donegal so an early start on the beer on the bus. Probaly only time il ever see them in my life. Have all their albums on vinyl from dads collection. He seen them back in 82/3 in Dublin when he was 14. In Angus we trust!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

This is gonna be awesome. Here's hoping the weather is at least dry.

Does anyone know or know where I can find out what the story is with feeder buses from Naas?
    Can I get a lift to Naas and then just hop on a bus out to Punchestown and the same for the reverse? It worked really well last year for Oxegen.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I can't wait! Anyone who doesn't go is nuts imo, fan or not, it's ACDC and it may well be the last time we get to see them here! Wish my son was old enuf to go too! :cool:

littlejp, last time we went to a gig in punchestown we got a lift to Goffs right beside Naas and got the free shuttle bus out to punchestown.
    AFAIK there is always a free shuttle bus, just not sure if it's Goffs again.

Buses back to Naas were a nightmare, none left for over an hour and there was a mob of angry ppl ready to kill the bus briver by that stage.
    :mad:
    Hope they have it better organised this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Sinderella wrote: »

littlejp, last time we went to a gig in punchestown we got a lift to Goffs right beside Naas and got the free shuttle bus out to punchestown.
    AFAIK there is always a free shuttle bus, just not sure if it's Goffs again.

Buses back to Naas were a nightmare, none left for over an hour and there was a mob of angry ppl ready to kill the bus briver by that stage.
    :mad:
    Hope they have it better organised this time.

I live on the opposite side of Naas to Goffs. Punchestown is actually closer to my house than Goffs in normal traffic. Went to see Rage last summer and got the free bus from Naas. It was great. The gig finished at around midnight and I was home by 00:40. No complaints there. I hope they do the same for AC/DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gunner099

is there any buses from newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bobjim

On a different topic, can anyone advise if I will be able to get into the gig on crutches? I presume there won't be an issue but I don't want to travel that far and be refused entry!

Been unable to get through to MCD to ask directly.

Also, never been to Punchestown before - would there be loads of space at the back where a crippled lad could throw himself down on the ground if he gets exhausted?

Thanks,
    bobjim

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparky29

Yeah you should get in no problem on crutches, get a doctors note if your really worried but doubt it would be necessary, plenty of room for ya to flake out on the grass at the back too should ya need it.

Anyone know if there are gonna be pit passes at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

for the folks going to this, i trully hope dublin bus and mcd will learn from what happened at slane, otherwise the music will be great but everything else will be a disaster and cast a shadow over the day.

OH? What happened at Slane?
    The buses were really bad last time we were at Punchestown but it must be hit or miss. Been there 3 times and the 1st 2 times we had no problems.

Had a problem with an MCD gig before and emailed them, they were very quick with a reply. If you wanna ask about crutches, try email bobjim

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

cant wait for this!!!! was real dissapointed i didnt get a ticket for the o2 and when i heard of this i was delighted:D!!!! less than a week:D just have to think on how to get there... bus or drive... hope they dont rip us off like normal for the merchandise!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I picked up some merchandise there a few days ago when I was in the States, not gonna get ripped off at the gig you see.

I also just got my tickets and it reiterates that there'll be no camera - what the hell is that all about? I'm not going to be taking an SLR with me or anything, just a regular digital camera - should I even bother because I certainly don't want them taking it off me!

I picked up some merchandise there a few days ago when I was in the States, not gonna get ripped off at the gig you see.

I also just got my tickets and it reiterates that there'll be no camera - what the hell is that all about? I'm not going to be taking an SLR with me or anything, just a regular digital camera - should I even bother because I certainly don't want them taking it off me!
    i saw somewhere that sound and picture equipment aren't alloud... im just going to use my phone... i kno its not the best picture but it dosent have the risk of getting it taken off you...

i saw somewhere that sound and picture equipment aren't alloud... im just going to use my phone... i kno its not the best picture but it dosent have the risk of getting it taken off you...

I think I'll swap my phone for the sisters because it's got a better camera and just settle with that. It's pretty crap that we can't take in proper cameras though. I have a suspicion we might be seeing a Black Ice Tour DVD with portions from the Punchestown gig :p

yea its a stupid rule... im thinkin on gettin one of the sony camera phones wit a 5 meg pixil cause my phone is dying and going to metallica in aug aswell, cant wait for sunday tho....
    Does any body know if the park and ride in goffs fills up fast??

You're not allowed to take a camera or recording equipment into any gig, this one is no different so I don't see what the fuss is about. :confused:

I will be bringing my camera though, as always :D

I have never been searched / stopped for posession of a camera at any gig ever despite this rule...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

I've seen them in June 96 at the point and it was one of the very first event I've been so close to them. Surprising enough, there weren't too many people at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

almost certain this setlist will be on sunday, based on what they have been playing in the outdoor gigs so far in europe (may/june)
    Rock N' Roll Train (opener)
    Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
    Back in Black
    Anything Goes
    You Shook Me All Night Long
    T.N.T.
    Big Jack
    Whole Lotta Rosie
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    Let There Be Rock
    Shot Down in Flames
    Dog Eat Dog
    Thunderstruck
    Black Ice
    The Jack
    Hells Bells
    Shoot to Thrill
    War Machine

Encore
    Highway to Hell
    For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

• Advertisement

once they have whole lotta rosie, let there be rock and thunder struck ill be a happy camper!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

rossie1977 wrote: »
    almost certain this setlist will be on sunday, based on what they have been playing in the outdoor gigs so far in europe (may/june)
    Rock N' Roll Train (opener)
    Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
    Back in Black
    Anything Goes
    You Shook Me All Night Long
    T.N.T.
    Big Jack
    Whole Lotta Rosie
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    Let There Be Rock
    Shot Down in Flames
    Dog Eat Dog
    Thunderstruck
    Black Ice
    The Jack
    Hells Bells
    Shoot to Thrill
    War Machine

Encore
    Highway to Hell
    For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

cheers mate.
    just look at those songs. what a concert this should turn out to be :D

if they played riff raff it would be great, but they havent really played that since the bon scott years:(...

You're not allowed to take a camera or recording equipment into any gig, this one is no different so I don't see what the fuss is about. :confused:

I will be bringing my camera though, as always :D

I have never been searched / stopped for posession of a camera at any gig ever despite this rule...

There are several ticketmaster ticket stubs on my wall that beg to differ with the "No Camping/Cameras Allowed" portion of my AC/DC tickets, ranging from Trance/Techno events to Snow Patrol and even Eminem back in '03 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Got my samsung mobile with a 8 meg camera on it pictue quality very good so handy for gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Still alot of tickets for sale for this if anyone needs them at or below face value. Check them out on toutless - including my own 2 spares :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

OH? What happened at Slane?
    The buses were really bad last time we were at Punchestown but it must be hit or miss. Been there 3 times and the 1st 2 times we had no problems.

Had a problem with an MCD gig before and emailed them, they were very quick with a reply. If you wanna ask about crutches, try email bobjim

Not enough buses apparently - seems like a right mess......if you got out early fine, but like I said on that thread - I wouldn't be leaving Ac/Dc early.....
    trips back to Dublin taking 4-5 hours inc walking and waiting and traffic.....

Virus - I don't know what the hell that camera thing is all about either, there was no camera restriction imposed at the O2gig in April, so I don't know why it's specified on this one.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Cant wait for Sunday!!!

Coming from Dublin. Will NOT be using Dublin Bus obviously after the Slane debacle.

I am thinking of heading to Maynooth and in the Clane road there through Sallins, park in Naas and get to the gig maybe on foot from Naas.

Went to the Punchestown festival this year and got a taxi from Naas to the racecourse, never again, it was impossible to get near and cost a fortune. I think going on foot from Naas is the best way....

What is everyone else planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MIP

Cant wait for Sunday!!!

Coming from Dublin. Will NOT be using Dublin Bus obviously after the Slane debacle.

I am thinking of heading to Maynooth and in the Clane road there through Sallins, park in Naas and get to the gig maybe on foot from Naas.

Went to the Punchestown festival this year and got a taxi from Naas to the racecourse, never again, it was impossible to get near and cost a fortune. I think going on foot from Naas is the best way....

What is everyone else planning?

According to the MCD website (http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4057922&ar=ac/dc&cat=all):

"A shuttle bus service will operate between Naas and the Punchestown Site over the course of the day. Buses will travel from site to Naas town centre via the R411 (Ballymore Eustace Road) through the town centre to the Drop Off / Pick Up Point at Kavanagh's Public House, Naas."

I was planning on using this. It appears to be free, has anyone used it previously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

MIP wrote: »
    According to the MCD website (http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4057922&ar=ac/dc&cat=all):

"A shuttle bus service will operate between Naas and the Punchestown Site over the course of the day. Buses will travel from site to Naas town centre via the R411 (Ballymore Eustace Road) through the town centre to the Drop Off / Pick Up Point at Kavanagh's Public House, Naas."

I was planning on using this. It appears to be free, has anyone used it previously?

I dunno about this one but I've got shuttle busses out to the races, depending on the busy-ness of the road it can take 30 mins minimum or more.....

The taxi I got last time took an hour, headwrecker if you've had a drink and you need the toilet.

I will be going on foot, it is only 4km and the weather is due to be good, no rain on long range forecast!

Advertisement