Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What tv character freaked you out as a kid?

• 17-06-2009 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Mine was the witch out of HR Puffinstuff...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

'I Dream of Jeanne' I was freaked out seeing a woman forced into a bottle during the opening credits.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

Nobody else freaked out??????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Supergran terrified me for some reason, I don't know why but I used to run from the room when I heard the theme tune coming on. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

I still have nightmares about Cleo Laine

220px-Cleo_Laine.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

Jeez, cant remember supergran at all. Around what year was it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Wurzel Gummage. And his girlfriend (At least I think it was his girlfried... some kind of blue doll)

Wurzel Gummage. And his girlfriend (At least I think it was his girlfried... some kind of blue doll)
    Aunt Sally! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

For some reason Tommy Cooper used to really scare me. Guy in a Fez making strange hand signals and talking incomprehensibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Has to be the child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, still find him creepy:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

SuperTyper wrote: »
    Has to be the child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, still find him creepy:eek:
    +1 on that!
    Also 40 coats freaked me out,still does!
    Oh & the McSpuds from Bosco!
    Hmm I think thats about it!
    Oh the whole Von Trapp family,but that's a different story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Barney freaked the Sh1t outta me when I was a young fella! All those stories about him assaulting people and stuff really got to me!

Di-di from Dexters Lab also scared me, She reminded me of a Crystal Meth addict from Dublin City centre!

Quite a Harrowing Childhood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

The fox and the snake on Wanderly Wagon
    The robots on Dr. Who

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

+1
    It took me years before I could watch that film all the way through. The Whirlygig Witch off Wanderly Wagon was another who scared the sh1te out of me. And there was some crap movie that was on once centuries ago called Winter of the Witch that frightened me for years after. And the faceless nun off that Armchair Thriller thing, Quiet as a Nun.

So mostly old women that scared me then...you can tell I went to the nuns at an early age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

grotbags used to scare the life out me.

witch.jpg

Yeah, my husband says as a child, the child catcher scared the sh1t out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

all of wondere wagon and worzel gummage remeber they used to take his head off and put it on the compost heap used too frighen the **** out of me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

not so much a character but the noise on family fortunes when they got a question wrong, the EEHHH EEEHHH, used to scare the crap out of me, i would run out of the room whenever i heard it. i called it the chicken noise:o

thing is i would love it as a message alert tone now, but cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Zelda from Terrahawks freaked me out a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

The Incredible Hulk used to scare the bejasus out of me as a child.I couldent get past the opening credits where he starts transforming and his eyes turn green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Not a tv character but Action Man Figure with the sliding eyes scared the heck out of me, my brother used to chase me with him saying "look into my eyes MY EYES!! Hahaaha"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Again not so much a character but the hands that would pop out in shadow form onto the side of the armchair in Armchair Thriller. Thursday nights on ITV.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Up8vQ0cd0

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ash-209

the moomins terrified me!! used to leave the room if they came on

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Slugworth in charlie & the chocolate factory
    slugworth.jpg

A mate mentioned this recently, don't remember it myself. freaky though.
    noseybonk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

kelle wrote: »
    The fox and the snake on Wanderly Wagon
    The robots on Dr. Who

"Sneaky snake" or "neaky nake" as I used to call him.
    Scared the piss out of me.

Grotbags too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Pob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Definitely the Daleks and the Childcatcher from Chitty chitty bang bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

"Children of the Stones" the whole series freaked me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The Incredible Hulk freaked me out big time. The show was on the air when I was about six or seven and it not only scared the bejesus out of me but out of half my class in school as well. I watched an episode of it a few years ago and thought it was harmless stuff. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Bagpuss

bagpuss.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

deadhead13 wrote: »
    "Children of the Stones" the whole series freaked me out.

The intro alone was enough!

Advertisement