Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ultimate Puzzle : Rubix Cube

Options
  • 16-01-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hows everyone doing time wise? Mine is 2mins 55secs :) seen it done in 50secs b4 (live) so aiming for that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

How? how? how? Jes i don't think i have ever completed one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

To difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's actually called a Rubik's Cube.

Its inventor is Ernő Rubik.

I used to be able to do it in 45 seconds, once upon a time, but now I can't do it at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think I was able to do it in under two minutes. As long as it went my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

I can do it on an average of 1 min 10 sec but Im now learning the "fridrich f2l method"
    So thats slowing me down at the minute!!!! aiming for under the minute mark !!!
    Hopefully break a record someday!!lol!!Im only 13 so I have some time for practising!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

DylanS09 wrote: »
    I can do it on an average of 1 min 10 sec but Im now learning the "fridrich f2l method"
    So thats slowing me down at the minute!!!! aiming for under the minute mark !!!
    Hopefully break a record someday!!lol!!Im only 13 so I have some time for practising!!

eh - suggestion - go outside and play some sports. A far better use of your time than getting below 1 min!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i think i got to under 3min

its funny - well i found it funny myself. after knowing the cube that well and leaving it for a few months, picked it up again and i was like errrrr. heh

im seriously thinking of giving a 7x7 a go soon :)
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/games/b1d8/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

I must be teh dumb ... takes me ages to get it out, 10 mins easy ... on the rare occasions I do solve it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Down to about 2:00 now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Rubik's Cube = Impossible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i solved the bottom white layer,
    i had the next two layers,
    i had the yellow cross on the top,
    and now i'm back to square one and my brain hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Well guys. Try the ultimate....my 3d Sudoku Cube. Cheers Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

Rubik's Cube = Impossible :(

I thought I was the only one!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

you both are the only one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 random08

any idea where to buy a 4x4 (or 5x5) rubik's cube? i've tried toy stores etc but they only have 3x3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I just made a ruik's cube for blind people (here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Just about under 3 mins was my shortest... I used to time my egg by it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

P1020984.JPG

Well I think my tactile cube rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Did anyone see Sky world record breakers show last night?

There was a young kid on it, think he was 13, who could do the Rubiks cube in just over a minute.........blind folded!
    He tried to beat the world record for blind folded solving, but that was 40seconds. I am sure there are examples of this (and perhaps a clip from last nights show) on youtube....i just dont have access to it from my place of work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Could do it in less than a minute, but that was 20 years ago. Haven't seen one since, doubt I could do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It takes me about an hour to do it, but thats only because the glue for putting the stickers back on is slow drying. I'm sure with some quick drying glue I could get it quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 harpo12

I am in the 2 min bracket but thats with 2 hands !!! Check out the link!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NSACOoCXNE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol, how badass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Anyone know where I can buy a really good quality rubik's cube in dublin? If not just somewhere that sells the normal one's will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anyone know where I can buy a really good quality rubik's cube in dublin? If not just somewhere that sells the normal one's will do.

The best quality ones are the official ones.
    Smyths toystore less them. One on parnell street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

cavedave wrote: »
    I just made a ruik's cube for blind people (here).

That's awesome dude! Good job! Looks like it's made for blind puppy dogs and princesses though!! :) Yay for arts and crafts!!

Can't solve the R-cube at all. I like to see how fast I can break it and put it back together again though! Super ninja r-cube skills!

Advertisement