Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omega Seamaster watch service, clean and replace glass

• 09-05-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I only know of one company situated on Grafton Street which carries out this work (they are very expensive).

Anyone know anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if you want it done properly and the watch returned to you in as close to as new condition as they can get it, send it to omega, or sws in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

What year is it? If it's not too new then Omega would be expensive. I've used Ballsbridge Jewellers to service a Seamaster from the 60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭tryu

It's very old - was my fathers and I want to get it cleaned up for my son. It's a gold Seamaster automatic with calendar so it's worth a few bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unwyse

theres a brialliant clock/watch makers on wicklow street. they are about 4-5 doors down from the international bar heading for grafton st,on the top floor. might be called lawlors or lawless,something like that. i have used them several times and would recommend them to anyone,real old style master craftsmen and not too dear either, but ask for a quote anyhow,good luck.

Thanks - I had heard of them before and they have a good rep so I will give them a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I actually own an Omega myself, How often are you meant to get them serviced???

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

AFAIK Omega recommend a five-yearly service
    for their automatic models for cleaning/fine-tuning,
    or whenever you notice that the movement is not
    performing within its set tolerances.

My father passed away in March this year and willed his Omega to my son. The calendar isn't working and the face has a few scratches. My mother doesn't know when it was last services but it was done in Donegal. I wanted to get the info on behalf of my son so that he would know how much it would cost etc. I have left it with him to do what he wants. Thanks to everyone for their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

bedlam wrote: »
    Their FAQ tells all, including what they do during a service. As Intothesea said they recommend every 4-5 but it really varies on how you use or abuse the watch.

thanks for the info bedlam!

Advertisement