Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who/What is your favourite Discworld character?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

C.M.O.T. Dibberl and if he;s not the best character i'll cut my own throath.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Dibbler's a great character but Moist von Lipwig would own him in five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Its a throw up between:
    Sam Vimes
    Moist von Lipwig
    Vetinari

They are some of the most entertaining characters, with Vimes and Moist being very similar in their interaction with Vetinari.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Its a throw up between:
    Sam Vimes
    Moist von Lipwig
    Vetinari

They are some of the most entertaining characters, with Vimes and Moist being very similar in their interaction with Vetinari.
    True, they both undertsand that on some level they don't comprehend Vetinari is pulling their strings and making them his puppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

True, they both undertsand that on some level they don't comprehend Vetinari is pulling their strings and making them his puppets.

Vimes is fully well aware of it.

As soon as I find the relevant book I'll post it.

• Advertisement

S.L.F wrote: »
    Vimes is fully well aware of it.

As soon as I find the relevant book I'll post it.
    True he is aware of it, however he can't fight despite his best efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

True he is aware of it, however he can't fight despite his best efforts.

TBH, i think he doesn't want to change the way Vetinari controls everything, but he does like testing how far Vetinari is thinking ahead.

That, and Vimes is more concerned with enforcing Justice than running the city.

William de Worde had vetinari using him like puppet too, maybe vetinari is the best, he knows what everyone is doing and makes it work for him

Guill wrote: »
    William de Worde had vetinari using him like puppet too, maybe vetinari is the best, he knows what everyone is doing and makes it work for him
    Indeed, Vetinari is one genius of a juggler.

• Advertisement

I reallt like mr Goodmountain from 'the truth' aswell, small but tough

I reallt like mr Goodmountain from 'the truth' aswell, small but tough
    You sure Goodmountain was a Mr. and not a Miss.

thats a very personal question:D

And not one you just go up to a dwarf and ask either. There's only two dwarves on the Discworld whose genders I'm sure of.

Beware ever going to uberworld and chatting up a dwarf!
    Any who, i have also to take my hat off to albert - for cheating death and all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

C.M.O.T. Dibberl and if he;s not the best character i'll cut my own throath.

What about Disembowel Myself Honourably Dibbler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Or fair go Dibbler? No worries!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

That was Disembowel Myself Honourably Dibhala

seagull wrote: »

Are you auditioning for pedantic Dibbler?;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

seagull wrote: »

Fair enough, but who was the prototype dibbler in the nightwatch?

• Advertisement

Fair enough, but who was the prototype dibbler in the nightwatch?
    That was Cut Me Own Throat when he was just getting started and hadn't adopted his catch-phrase yet.

That was Cut Me Own Throat when he was just getting started and hadn't adopted his catch-phrase yet.

Just as long as you wear the lilac...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Oddly enough, I like Gaspode the wonder dog. He's such a cheeky little bugger.
    Otherwise, Esme Weatherwax or DEATH come joint second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Have to be honest, its hard to decide between DEATH or CMOT, both fantastic charectors. But simply because we all probably know at least one 'Cut me own throat' it would have to be him. If ever Del boy was reworked in fiction its him. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot? I remember when he was just a constable! The youf of today! :rolleyes:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Hah!

I mind when he was just a Dwarf in the mines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

As a constant, Death and as a once off, Myria Lejean / Unity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Greebo is just the most bad-assest character there is! In human form...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

both human and cat form

Advertisement